Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Lightbulb

hide and seek, man-o-man. no special effects, just a handfull of actors and a twisted script. yeah, it's working out fine.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Undead

Deniro gets points for always being a kick-ass actor and playing every role to it's limit. No matter who he's portraying, you never question it for a second.

That being said, it's hard to let the entire weight of a film lie on the shoulders of one gifted entertainer. Hide and Seek was not exactly what I expected. The quality was low, and the ending quite predictable. However, I sat in the theatre seat and watched with interest.

It has already been compared to Secret Window and I'd like to add a comparsion to What Lies Beneith, also. But, there's something about being out in the middle of nowhere with a crazy on the loose that's getting very tired.

As for children in the mix for horror, I'm pro-kids. The little girl in Hide and Seek was seriously creepy. The Sixth Sense was enriched with Osment's believable terror. The Excorist wouldn't have been what it was. The children in the Others.

I believe the notion of a child being used for such a scary concept in horror movies is meant to add a greater sense of horror. (For some reason) Many people would rather see a group of sinning teenagers be hacked up then a poor, defenseless child. There's greater compassion for a possessed kid then for a possessed adult. It's an interesting and useful technique.

"Unpleasant dreams..." ~Elvira
Old 02-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

so like, was the kid caught?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:12 PM

I heard this movie sucked. but I have not seen it yet.

LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU DIE!!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:23 PM
BH14

Just picked up this movie and going to check it out later tonight... What did you all think? Seems like most people didnt like it....I'll give my review later on.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 07-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by BH14
Just picked up this movie and going to check it out later tonight... What did you all think? Seems like most people didnt like it....I'll give my review later on.
Really cliched flick, not much to it except a lot of fluff.

But its DeNiro, and I'd take a bullet for that guy.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:48 PM
BH14

Dont read if you havent seen it. I think its worth a rent though bc its still good.

SPOILERS****lots of them
My review of this film is that its good but with a big flaw.... Its predictable because most film buffs seen this multiple personality outcome in a ton of movies. Its been done a lot in the past few years... I dont have a problem with it but this movie gave WAY TOO many clues. From the trailer, i thought it was a ghost movie but then I saw all these clues and I knew the outcome after 35 mins. They should have given less clues... We knew it wasnt gonna be the neghbor bc that would make little sense or the little girl bc she couldnt do all that work. How about make the audience think that it could be a possible ghost? Lights flickering, slammed doors or something to that effect that charlie did. They should have done something like that. Thats my only problem with this movie...
Good aspects of this film: plot is good even though predictable. Nice ending.... Good acting.... I know lot of people bashed De Niro and Fanning.... I think we were all just spoiled by seeing De Niro play such unique and interesting characters from Goodfellas and one of my favs "Cape Fear"... He played this movie's role just fine. He was widow husband with a child so ofcourse, I wouldnt expect him to be as rememberable as his past unique characters that he played... As for Dakato, Im not gonna bash a little girl's acting ability because I actually liked her in this role and Man on Fire. In this role, her character called for an emotionless little girl with a blank stare and she played that well... She was traumatized so I cant expect a talkative and happy little girl. By the way, the 4 alternate endings were pretty good but the original worked the best. Also, this movie used some scare tactics in which the lights went off and made it pitch dark... Why dont more movies do that? Its a good way to creep people out. Im talking about the basement scene.
I give it a 7.5/10....... it could have been higher if it wasnt so predictable.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 07-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Misanthrope

I thought this was pretty average especially the "twist" ending.