Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Maverick, the Hellspawn

I'll give it a shot this time.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Pirate of Bengal

I'm sure this all new fine changes will erase all kind of confusions & complaints that we some had in earlier BR seasons and will definitely take the competition into a whole new level of fun & mayhem! :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I'm in!

The return of the king!
Welcome back, Sir. Were you on a vacation or something...?

:D:D

Btw, on the behalf of BR KING'S CLUB, I propose all the former BR King should have & enjoy some privileges over other regular participants in this year's event (as they already won the title at least once so far)...for example:

1) Start the competition after completion of the preliminary rounds or from later advanced stages/rounds, means...they don't need to compete in the earlier group rounds--directly promoted into the advanced stage(s).

2) Access to have some extra weapons.

3) Former Kings will get some extra/bonus HPs than the regular contestants from the very beginning of their BR journey this year.

Last edited by roshiq; 08-26-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:14 PM
whatever gets you through

or, perhaps former winners should serve as judges or referees
Old 08-26-2012, 09:58 PM
For Vendetta

All contestants will start on an even keel, just to be fair to everybody.

A short description of the events in HDC Battle Royale so far -

Quote:
The mighty IT The Traveller had chosen horror.com as his venue for a huge 30-man Battle Royale, the winner of which was to be crowned HDC Battle Royale King (or Queen).
Events at the end of BR II saw ___V___ pulverising IT with the BFG, the most powerful weapon of BR II, seemingly freeing HDC from IT's clutches.
But BR I's winner and 2008 BR King, Zero (together with his apprentice NCI_Nancy), and a mystic known simply as The Prophet, resurrected IT from it's deep-sea near-death condition.
IT returned to HDC for BR III, where he immediately cast a spell on ___V___, and towed him away to IT's home planet at the end of BR III, promising the BR III King, Roshiq, that he would be back.
Description of BR game -
: You are enlisted into a group of HDC members who then proceed to tackle Challenges which are in the form of general trivia, Crosswords, Word-searches, Unscrambles, picture challenges, puzzles, short essays, etc.
: Each Challenge has big points which you can win and redeem them for Health Packs. HPs help you survive a BR Hunt, which follow each Challenge.
Some Challenges have Bonus points available in them, and particular winners get a chance to win some big stuff.
: Weapons are available as default for the Hunts, and as you advance, the Battle Royale Weapon Center is also opened for contestants to choose a weapon for themselves, at the cost of their HPs.
: During a Hunt, if your team is the winner, you will be asked to target contestants in the opposite team to take them down. Working as a team will eventually ensure that your chosen target will die, and so be out of Battle Royale, increasing your chances of winning the BR. There will be an equalising factor however - a chosen stalker who will go after EVERY ONE inside the Hunting Zone.
: Teams are disbanded and it becomes an individual Challenge when the final 10 contestants are left.
: Needless to say, teamwork, cunning and guile play a big part in a successful run in the BR. Once it becomes individual, it's all up to you.

8) If your team loses a challenge, don't fret. Not all Challenges end with a Hunt this time.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:12 PM
For Vendetta

Oh, and the most important thing - All this work of planning in Hunts and searching for answers within your team is done through PMs, so be sure to keep your PM box as empty as possible, and keep a keen eye on your PM box every time you log into HDC.

Let's have a tentative list of all those interested in BR IV so far :-
  • Roshiq
    Gorephobia
    Hammerfan
    The Villain
    Chronogrl
    Alkytrio666
    Straker
    Ofekbmi
    Zero
    Disease
    Weapon X
    ImmortalSlasher
    ferretchucker
    Zero

I will need final confirmations from everyone once registration starts from September 01st.

9) A contestant cannot sit out two consecutive Challenges (and Hunts) this time. Groups are asked to ensure that happens.

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-05-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 AM
For Vendetta

We tee off on this weekend. Registrations start from Saturday, 01st September onwards. (aiming for a Halloween finish)

All those who have shown their interest to be a part of Battle Royale IV need to confirm their participation, either through the official thread (which will be up on Saturday), or through PMs to me. The reason being - if you are drafted into a team just because of your initial interest and then you either fail to show up or fail to inform me of your drop out, your group will suffer (BR III has been a glaring example of this).

Which brings me to...

10) If you confirm your participation and are drafted into a group, and become a no-show in the first Challenge itself, your group is free to take a call on your survival/death for the next Challenge IMMEDIATELY.
If you confirm and also take part in the first few (read - less than the first 5) Challenges, and then become a no-show for a Challenge, you will be given a leeway of 1 Challenge only, which means a 2nd straight no-show and your group will decide your fate.
If you confirm and also take part up till the first 5 Challenges and beyond, and then turn up to be a no-show, you will be given leeway of 2 Challenges, which means that the 3rd straight no-show will decide your fate.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Demon from Ago

Better take me out, I'm leaving on Thursday and won't be back until Monday.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:59 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Better take me out, I'm leaving on Thursday and won't be back until Monday.
We don't start till next week, Bob. Registrations will open on Saturday and continue for the next 2 days at least, if not more.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
We don't start till next week, Bob. Registrations will open on Saturday and continue for the next 2 days at least, if not more.
It sounds great V but I may have to leave again next week, duty calls even when I don't want it to. :)
Old 08-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Immortal horror fan

Sounds interesting. I check here just about daily so I'll play.