Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-22-2003, 12:28 PM
chainsaw-lover

Well if your husband doesnt let you read any books, I suggest you find a way to make a deal with him to where you can read your books. I read all the time my trick is to tune everything out except my book, If it isnt in the book ignore it. This rule applies to: pets, traffic, and people. Try it you just might like it.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:53 PM
Hellacious Demon

I've only seen two

Sure I've only seen two but I'd like to say that so far their good. The 2 I've seen are It and Pet Sematary. Even though I heard it was terrible, I still want to see DreamCatcher.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:07 AM
Saint of Killers

Saw Dreamcatcher last nite, it was good although the computer animae gets on my nerves a little. Good old fashion make up and special effects are better than comp. animae anyday but I suppose that it had to be done.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:05 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
Quote:
Originally posted by chainsaw-lover
Well if your husband doesnt let you read any books, I suggest you find a way to make a deal with him to where you can read your books. I read all the time my trick is to tune everything out except my book, If it isnt in the book ignore it. This rule applies to: pets, traffic, and people. Try it you just might like it.
That is how I read, and that is why he hates me to read. He hates for my attention to be anywhere but on him. He's just an overgrown baby! haha
Old 10-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Scares Little Kids

I have to chime in and say that Stephen Kings books are way better than the movies made from them. The Shining was a great movie but a shitty version of the book. I would also like to say that Dreamcatcher was a poor movie. It had decent actors and the plot was good but it seemed that they all dropped the ball. I think it wasn't very exciting when they wanted it to be exciting. It was kind of Blah!! For the rest of his movies I think that they are good but usually at the end if there is a monster or alien it is not very good. An excellent example of this the movie It.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by roguesblight
That is how I read, and that is why he hates me to read. He hates for my attention to be anywhere but on him. He's just an overgrown baby! haha
well does he give you all his attention...??

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by slasher
I have to chime in and say that Stephen Kings books are way better than the movies made from them. The Shining was a great movie but a shitty version of the book. I would also like to say that Dreamcatcher was a poor movie. It had decent actors and the plot was good but it seemed that they all dropped the ball. I think it wasn't very exciting when they wanted it to be exciting. It was kind of Blah!! For the rest of his movies I think that they are good but usually at the end if there is a monster or alien it is not very good. An excellent example of this the movie It.
Yes I agree is books are better... anyone who has read them will know this... Misery was a great book, the movie wasnt nothing like the book... well the concept was the same BUT a lot was different..

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 05:24 PM
does anybody read this?

i liked christine and the shinning. crepshow and IT were good but i mean cujo what the fuck
Old 10-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

Stephen Kings Books are great..but I thought it was weird how he seems to pop up in some of the movies based on his books.. Maybe a little erie...Great Author ....best thing about his books your imagination will peice the picture together..movies they put the picture there for you...NO BRAIN WORK..besides your imagination is your worst enemy.( at least mine is...I was hoping that was the same for others..please tell me Im normal in some deranged way:P)
Old 11-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic
well does he give you all his attention...??
Yes, sometimes more than I actually want! haha
(sorry for the late answer, been offline for quite a while)