Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Hellraiser

I didn't watch it recently but thought it was a great movie with a very original idea. It's called Pulse. It's not the one made recently in the 2000s. I think it was the mid to late eighties. It's a much see, IMO. One of the lawerence boys was in it. I found the movie on on demand last year, said ehh, I will try it, and watched it. Blew me away. Way better than the one Wes craven did.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Evil Dead

8/10. my 2nd favourite peter jackson film after Braindead
Old 06-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Evil Dead

Watched Last House on the Left again a few days ago. Still great, although pretty far fetched... more each time I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Maniac
First viewing. Better than I expected.
If anyone can recommend any similar movies, I would appreciate it.
I thought the movie Edmond with William H. Macy had some similarities to Maniac. I found it really impactful. However, it's definitely styled differently. Not considered a horror film, or exploitation, like Maniac, but similar in the sense that it's from the killer's perspective, and about his descent into madness.

If you want something that has a similar, low budget, exploitation feel with a few arthouse elements, like Maniac, you could find that Driller Killer scratches the itch.

If what you liked most about Maniac was the first person camera perspective, well, the Maniac remake is actually really excellent, and IMO, better than the original.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:58 AM
That fucking Guy...

You should watch crawlspace.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Wanna Join?

Ghostbusters. Really liked it when it first came out, liked it even more last night, thirty years later.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 06-08-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
Ghostbusters. Really liked it when it first came out, liked it even more last night, thirty years later.
Gotta love Ghostbusters!

----------------------------------------------

THE BOOGENS. 1981

An old silver mine is reopened awakening creatures that have been confined for almost a century.

Two young men employed at the mine, rent a house nearby and move in their girlfriends with deadly consequences.

I enjoyed it but must admit I was a little surprised to see the good reviews this movie had.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-08-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: back-to-back posts.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:10 AM
Evil Dead

My brother sent THE BOOGENS in my Xmas box...still not watched it yet...oddly enough I missed it back in the 80's when I went to the theater for every new horror film, it seemed.

---------------------------------------

SILENT SCREAM (1980)_real low budget flick of college students (who else) staying at a boarding house with mysterious goings on. Actually a lot better than I thought it would be with decent turns by Yvonne DeCarlo (Lily Munster herself) and Barbara Steele (BLACK SUNDAY, etc). ***

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-09-2014 at 06:07 AM. Reason: back-to-back posts.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
My brother sent THE BOOGENS in my Xmas box...still not watched it yet...oddly enough I missed it back in the 80's when I went to the theater for every new horror film, it seemed.
My goodness Frye..is this the same brother that sent you the "Fright Night" 1985 soundtrack. Is he single?

--------------------------------------------

THE MIDNIGHT HOUR 1985

A group of teens inadvertently bring a curse of hell on earth to their town which must be reversed before midnight.

This film is mired in cheesy goodness with a side of campiness. There are zombies, witches, werewolves and cheerleaders.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-12-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: back-to-back posts.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post

I thought the movie Edmond with William H. Macy had some similarities to Maniac. I found it really impactful. However, it's definitely styled differently. Not considered a horror film, or exploitation, like Maniac, but similar in the sense that it's from the killer's perspective, and about his descent into madness.

If you want something that has a similar, low budget, exploitation feel with a few arthouse elements, like Maniac, you could find that Driller Killer scratches the itch.

I'm with you all the way there. Edmond is a unique, bizarre film. William H. Macy is typically electrifying.

Driller Killer has always been a favorite of mine. So many striking images.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-13-2014, 04:32 AM
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=The Bloofer Lady;971641]My goodness Frye..is this the same brother that sent you the "Fright Night" 1985 soundtrack. Is he single?

--------------------------------------------
Indeed it is (just the one Bro) and sadly, he is off the market. Just got married for the first time last year at 48:shocked: and has a ten year old stepson and an almost four year old son
Back in our single days, we saw lots of scary movies together before family life got us in its clutches!..I have the one daughter who is 26 and out of the house, while Brother has years of fun to look forward too!