Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Blood Car (2007)

A good, fun low budget feature, liked it.

>>: B

Taped (2012)

Set on a common premise where a couple having a hard time on their relationship travels to Buenos Aires, Argentina for a change & to finally confront & resolve their crisis but when they are about to decide for a break-up, they accidentally witness a police crime & 'unintentionally' record the event on the video camera (btw, this isn't a POV or found footage feature), leaving them no choice but to run for their life from a corrupt group of cops.
Though the wife was kinda typically annoying who did few unnecessary & stupid mistakes but the cast overall did a good job. And also as their is actually nothing new in the plot but still this is a nice & well executed Dutch thriller that managed to hook me in to till the end. Recommended.

>>: B+

Btw, just read online that Colombia Pictures already acquired the rights for an American remake!

Last edited by roshiq; 08-27-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I liked it alot - the trailer was a bit misleading (made the main character look like a thick country cop rather than a funny sarcastic bastard)
"im just going to slip into something less comfortable!"
Old 08-27-2012, 02:19 AM
Slashed

ParaNormal Activity 2, ending was good but pretty similar to the first.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:27 AM
For Vendetta

* * * ˝

* * * ˝

* * ˝
Old 08-27-2012, 03:43 AM
Cranky

Watched this thing called Stephen King's Riding the Bullet.

Though a few parts were cheesey, I enjoyed the original plot, and there was some good acting from an excellent cast that included Cliff Robertson and Barbara Hershey. I thought it was a decent film.

Reading about it online, it seems like it's a pretty reviled film, with plenty of comments about "worst movie ever" and such. It's no masterpiece, but I liked its approach. I haven't read the story, so perhaps that helped me enjoy it more.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-27-2012, 06:39 AM
HDC Idol

The Lorax (2012)

I was dubious about the movie adaptation of this iconic Dr. Seuss book, but decided to check it out anyway against my better judgement. And it was truly awful. Terrible writing (especially the musical numbers) and just lazy filler. The fact of the matter is, this is a children's book that doesn't really need to fill up a whole 90 minutes. And if you DO want to make it last 90 minutes, the filler should be interesting, fun, well-written and beautiful. In fact, the writing was so bad here that I was almost offended; how dumb do they expect the intended audience is? I don't care if it's targeted to children. Don't talk down to them, especially when you're trying to deliver a fairly serious message about environmentalism.

Ugh. Just terrible.

1.75/5.

Lovely Molly (2011)

After watching this movie I went online to read a few reviews and it turns out that I'm in the minority here; I actually like it quite a bit. I found it creepy, well-done, and genuinely disturbing.

A lot of the complaints was that it wasn't "original," but as I've said in the past, I don't have an issue with a derivative movie as long as it's well-done. And I thought that Lovely Molly was very well-done. Gretchen Lodge as the titular Molly was completely believable and sympathetic as well as honestly just horrifying as she descends into madness. There are also some odd non-sequitors but they didn't seem to bother me as much as the critics. Also, people seemed to be bothered by some of the purposeful ambiguities, but I'd prefer to draw my own conclusion over a neatly-wrapped resolution. I liked the climactic ending, and thought the epilogue was genuinely creepy.

The few critiques I have is that sometimes the sound was a bit distracting, both music and the high-pitched type of beep you hear when your ears are adjusting. It was also a bit distracting to go from handheld POV shaky cam to third-person POV shaky cam. I have to say, though, that this movie was a head and shoulder above Sánchez's previous solo effort Seventh Moon (which didn't really have relateable characters and even though the camera was third-person it was too damn shaky to see anything at all, seeming more like a cheap trick than actually building tension).

I can understand why people were bothered by it I suppose, but all in all if modern horror evolved and this wound up being the "worst" end of the modern horror spectrum, I'd be a very happy horror viewer.

3.75/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Demon from Ago

The Hunger Games- 8/10

I really thought I was going to hate this movie, nope I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Horror Fan

Cropsey - 7/10

"Horror-doc" about alleged child killer on Staten Island. Some suspenseful moments, with creepy footage of old sanitariums and the patients occupying them. Worth renting.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Evil Dead

"ParaNorman" (2012)

Plot: IMDB
In the town of Blithe Hollow, Norman Babcock is a boy who can speak to the dead, but no one besides his eccentric new friend, Neil, believes his ability is real. One day, Norman's estranged eccentric uncle tells him of an important annual ritual must he take up to protect the town from an curse cast by a witch it condemned centuries ago. Eventually, Norman decides to cooperate, but things don't go according to plan. Now, a magic storm of the witch threatens Blithe Hollow as the accursed dead rise. Together with unexpected new companions, Norman struggles to save his town, only to discover the horrific truth of the curse. With that insight, Norman must resolve the crisis for good as only he can.

Phantom's Review: Beautifully animated, surprisingly well written and a couple of decent scare scenes. To be honest, my expectations were a bit low but I thoroughly enjoyed this film. A good spoof of horror films with a very good story.
--
Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
jawbreaker