Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 PM
She's under the stairs

Maniac Cop 2

I'm enjoying going back over these movies after probably 10 years since my last viewing.

7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 05-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Yellow Wallpaper (2011)

Very loosely based on the short story of the same name (1892) written by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. The original source material is an important part of early feminist literature, portraying society's attitudes toward women in the late 19th century & the story unfolds a harrowing tale of madness resulting a pretty sad but creepy finale. Though this new adaptation almost excludes all those feminist parts but injects nicely some Lovecraftian materials towards the end. Overall, as a low budget indie horror it's pretty good at times...particularly creating a creepy-Gothic atmosphere & setting where the background music mostly did the work. A decent film, worth a watch.

>>: B

Chronicle (2012)

The story was fine but it'd better if they used the handheld camera approach only at the beginning in 1 or 2 scene. It's getting bit annoying these days to watch an entire film this way.

>>: B

Masterpiece Theater:The Yellow Wallpaper (1989)

After watching the new adaptation, came to know about this BBC produced treatment in Wikipedia and luckily got it in 5 parts in youtube. Typical brilliant Britt feature of 80s with a great cast, atmosphere & a spooky but sad ending. Loved it.

Recommended to V, Hammerfan, NE & Chrono.

>>: A
Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 AM
Alice

Nightmare City (Italian 1980)

It's about a reporter, Dean Miller who is assigned with his cameraman to interview a scientist that is arriving in the local airport. While waiting for the arrival, an unidentified Hercules makes an emergency landing and is surrounded by a military force. When the doors open, a legion of blood thirsty creatures commanded by the scientist attack the soldiers, killing them with hatchets and drinking their blood. Dean tries to warn the population about the happening but is censored by General Murchison. Later the military leaders discover that the creatures have not come from the outer space, but are human beings contaminated by radiation and needing to drink blood to stay undead. Dean unsuccessfully calls his wife Dr. Anna Miller and heads to the hospital where she works, trying to escape from the city crowded of the increasing walking dead creatures.

I found this movie to be quite entertaining to watch, if not a bit weird to say the list. It did have a few creepy moments, but the funny part was people stayed were they were while being attacked instead of fleeing. Which at times they had plenty of time to flee. All in all I'll give this movie a 7/10
Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Little Boo

Watched Evil Dead again last night. Never gets old
Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Evil is Better

Contraband
Not what i expect from a heist type movie but it was good. A little rushed and there wasn't enough effort put into some scenes but i enjoyed it.

Transformers
I've been criticizing this movie for years without ever actually seeing it and finally decided that if i'm going to judge it i should watch it. After watching it i have to say that it was actually really cool. There were some stupid moments and some annoying ones at that but it was actually really good.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I've been criticizing this movie for years without ever actually seeing it and finally decided that if i'm going to judge it i should watch it. After watching it i have to say that it was actually really cool. There were some stupid moments and some annoying ones at that but it was actually really good.
You might want to skip the second one.
But then again, maybe not.

IMO the third one was actually very well done.

- B.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Pontypool- I didn't really like this one. It was a good concept but it just didn't hold my interest; I found it to be kind of boring. There were many times during the movie that I just wanted them to get on with it.

Delicatessen- I liked this one. It was a nice mix of darkness and humor. The way the movie was shot was also really different. It reminded me of an episode of Tales from the Crypt where a chef at a diner murdered travelers and secretly fed them to the townspeople.

Last edited by Atraxi; 06-01-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Demon from Ago

Just watched The Green Mile again for the 20th time I'd imagine. I really wish Frank Darabont would direct every Stephen King adaptation, he does such a great job.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraxi View Post
a chef at a diner murdered travelers and secretly fed them to the townspeople.
look at my thread in true horror ;)
Old 06-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Just watched The Green Mile again for the 20th time I'd imagine. I really wish Frank Darabont would direct every Stephen King adaptation, he does such a great job.
gettin into your directors lately :D na but yeah,he would of made alot of his shit movies from good books better