Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Evil is Better

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Just as good as the first but much more epic. The cinematography is amazing and i thought Moriarty was a great villain. A perfect challenge for Sherlock Holmes once again played brilliantly by Robert Downey Jr. I really hope there will be a third.

It's A Wonderful Life

I watch this every Christmas Eve. It's a family tradition of mine. I still love it.

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

The best Christmas Horror movie in my opinion. A great story and genuinely creepy atmosphere.

SPOILERS:The only thing i dont like is that you dont get to see giant evil Santa but it's okay because its more of a "Stop the evil from rising" sort of movie instead of a "Stop the evil after it's already risen" kind of movie.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:13 AM
For Vendetta

Very, VERY impressed.

I have always been a huge Apes fan and this fantastic prequel to the whole saga adds a whole new dimension to the vast storyline. I loved how the makers used a superbly original idea and expanded on it to give us a perfect beginning to this premise. They could easily have called it Planet of the Apes: The Beginning or Planet of the Apes: Caesar's Story, but the title itself is very catchy as well. Die-hard fans will appreciate the wonderful use of CGI blended with Andy Serkis's superb portrayal of Caesar, plus they get to hear that infamous dialogue from the original as well. And the whole revolution of the apes culminating in that wonderful sequence at THE Bridge of all Bridges in the world. Hats off to the effects/production guys - you did yourselves proud.

My only gripe - the two leads. They could have done much better than get James Franco and Frieda Pinto to portray them. Someone like Michael Fassbender could have been more apt. John Lithgow and Brian Cox easily steal the show in the acting department. If only the leads did a bit more, this could have been the best film of 2011. Period.

As it stands, it gets a very high recommendation from me, despite being loaded with CGI and average performances by Franco & Pinto. Watch it for the intense portrayal of Serkis, and the jaw-dropping immensely vast use of perfect CGI to convey emotions as well as magnitude of effects made for the big screen. If you HAVE to see ONE film with CGI this year, make it this one. I promise you, you will leave impressed when the end credits roll.

Zero, this one's for you, buddy.

Rated - * * * * stars
Old 12-25-2011, 04:24 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
Not seen this but sounds intriguing-added to "To watch" list.

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-28-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:26 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Few months back downloaded a pack of 10 BBC's adaptations of MR JAMES' Ghost Stories. Long Live, Torrents!:D
By the way which adaptations did you see? As far as I know Stigma is the only one I haven't seen that is available.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Not seen this but sounds intriguing-added to "To watch" list.
Let me know what you think.

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-28-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Midnight toker

The Host: Awesome monster movie, never have anything negative to say about this one.

Leprechaun: 90 mins of stupid, but I love it...
Old 12-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
The Host: Awesome monster movie, never have anything negative to say about this one.

Leprechaun: 90 mins of stupid, but I love it...
I love The Host. One of my favorite Monster movies.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:48 PM
mostly ghostly?

Hugo (2011)

Finally got to see this. I really loved it. Being as it was a grand love song to cinema, and especially dealing with Georges Méliès, it wasn't hard to get immediately sucked into and lulled away by it. It was perfect to see on the big screen, with its wistful look at the magic of film, and a call to keep it alive. The 3D wasn't bad, either; not too intrusive, but enough to garnish the visuals for the most part. Sacha Baron Cohen was very funny, too, and Ben Kingsley turns in another amazing performance. Plus, in Hugo, his resemblance to the real Méliès is pretty uncanny:

Old 12-26-2011, 05:34 AM
Evil is Better

50/50

This is an emotional movie that is also really funny. I didnt think that would be possible given the serious subject matter but they pull it off. Joseph Gordon Levitt is great in the lead role. He's really rising as an actor. Seth Rogen was great as the funny best friend, a perfect role for him. I really enjoyed this and recommend it.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
By the way which adaptations did you see? As far as I know Stigma is the only one I haven't seen that is available.
Stigma isn't there, I need to hunt that down.

A Lonely Place to Die (2011)

Decent story, good direction but the ending was quite ordinary.

>>: B

Desperate Hours (1990)

>>: B

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003)

Back to back...for the very first time!

>>: A