Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Warrior

Amazing. Probably the best movie i've seen all year. I strongly recommend it to everyone.
Fuck that looks great. Will be checking that out for sure.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Creature (2011)

This is a below average B-movie like rubber suit-creature feature where most of the kills/deaths take place off-screen. There's some little boobies here & there & the only good thing is it has Sid Haig. But the surprising part is (as I read on different sites) this awful little flick somehow got the release on the theaters! When there's plenty of much better films with a bigger & decent budget releasing direct-to-DVD then how come this one managed to get on the big screen??!!

>>: D+

The Entitled (2011)

Paul Dynan's life is turned upside down when he decides to kidnap three young socialites and hold them ransom to save his family...

A well made intense thriller with a good cast.

>>: B+
Old 09-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Creature (2011)

This is a below average B-movie like rubber suit-creature feature where most of the kills/deaths take place off-screen. There's some little boobies here & there & the only good thing is it has Sid Haig. But the surprising part is (as I read on different sites) this awful little flick somehow got the release on the theaters! When there's plenty of much better films with a bigger & decent budget releasing direct-to-DVD then how come this one managed to get on the big screen??!!

The Entitled (2011)

Paul Dynan's life is turned upside down when he decides to kidnap three young socialites and hold them ransom to save his family...

A well made intense thriller with a good cast.

>>: B+
i just watched creature, i found it so boring.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Evil is Better

Attack The Block

I applaud the movie for their attempt at originality and i found it entertaining. My only complaints are that i couldnt care less about the characters and the aliens are really stupid looking. Glow in the dark teeth? Seriously? Still not the worst looking aliens i've seen this year.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Evil is Better

Take your pick....
Old 09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post

Take your pick....

I'm pretty sure the second one is just a woman laughing.

But i could be wrong..
Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Roll up! Roll up!

United 93

Of course I know the events of 9/11 were terrible but honestly, I'm not one to post "RIP all those lost etc" on Facebook and have...let's say...controversial...views on American policy both before and after those events.

I thought this film was brilliant. Regardless of political views and anything to do with America, this film just showed that it was totally innocent people on routine flights that were doomed. The scenes in the flight control areas were ones of absolute confusion and mayhem - real life is not like an action film where the bad guys can just be tracked and stopped when there are thousands of other flights in the air all around. The scenes on the United Airlines Flight 93 itself were, from what we can know, very realistic and heartbreaking when action was taken too late. My heart was genuinely beating faster towards the end even though I've heard so many times how that flight ends. The sheer panic and desperation was captured brilliantly and that just isn't achieved by many "true story" films that I've seen. Not only did it show the victims and administation side of things but even the hijackers themselves were seen to be human. They were unsure of what they were doing and panicked when they thought they were going to be taken over by the passengers who fought back. Of course this is the negative side of being human; cowardly, vicious and pig-headed...but human nonetheless.

So much is said about 9/11 and how it changed America and the world but this brought it back to the thing that is really sad. That so many people died for absolutely no fucking reason whatsoever.

So much better than World Trade Centre, which was on TV the night before this. I forgot all about the real story and just didn't want Nicholas Cage to survive. ;P

Last edited by Bizarre; 09-13-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Creature (2011)

BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - We actually almost went to see Creature in the theater this weekend... But, oh God, the previews looked so bad - We just couldn't do it.

Couldn't agree more - THIS is the shite that gets a screen release?! :mad:

WELL, instead of Creature we saw...

Contagion (2011)

An intense, grim little film. And I have to applaud Soderbergh specifically for making me feel dirty, dirty, DIRTY during and after the film (every time someone coughed in the theater, I wanted to spritz them with anti-bacterial spray).

Gripping character piece with incredible acting from everyone, most notably Damon, Law, Winslet, and Rex.

I enjoyed it - Thought it was good, but not necessarily mind-blowing. Recommended, but no need to pay the theater price.

3.5/5.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:10 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
WELL, instead of Creature we saw...

Contagion (2011)

An intense, grim little film. And I have to applaud Soderbergh specifically for making me feel dirty, dirty, DIRTY during and after the film (every time someone coughed in the theater, I wanted to spritz them with anti-bacterial spray).

Gripping character piece with incredible acting from everyone, most notably Damon, Law, Winslet, and Rex.

I enjoyed it - Thought it was good, but not necessarily mind-blowing. Recommended, but no need to pay the theater price.

3.5/5.

In other words, a recommended download. ;)

Dooley noted. :D
Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
HDC Resident Cynic

Re-Animator
I forgot how much I love this 80's gem!!!!! Stands the test of time.