Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-23-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mothermold
What's the best version to get?The Director's cut or the standard?And are they both sub-tilted?

Last seen:Ong-Bak,this movie gets better and better everytime I see it.I'd like to see more fighting/action in films sans the tired ass wire-work.
In the UK the best version is either the Tartan 2 disc special edition or the Tartan NTSC single disk edition(this version is the "Theatrical version"
The original Tartan Special Edition(that came in a nice tin) had slight problems with the sutitles, they were hard to see in places and were "burnt on" so you couldn't remove them, mind you can't see why you would want to.
The new special edition(not in a tin) has sorted out the subtitles and has the same 8 minutes extra footage in the film and an alternate ending that the original special edition had.
The single disc version also has the newer clearer subtitles but lacks the 8 mins and it will only play on NTSC compatible players.
Both versions are easily available from places such as www.play.com. I would personally go for the the special edition of it.
Hope that helps.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:42 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Quote:
Originally posted by Yeti.13
In the UK the best version is either the Tartan 2 disc special edition or the Tartan NTSC single disk edition(this version is the "Theatrical version"
The original Tartan Special Edition(that came in a nice tin) had slight problems with the sutitles, they were hard to see in places and were "burnt on" so you couldn't remove them, mind you can't see why you would want to.
The new special edition(not in a tin) has sorted out the subtitles and has the same 8 minutes extra footage in the film and an alternate ending that the original special edition had.
The single disc version also has the newer clearer subtitles but lacks the 8 mins and it will only play on NTSC compatible players.
Both versions are easily available from places such as www.play.com. I would personally go for the the special edition of it.
Hope that helps.
Thank you for your help and for the link.:)

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Banned

whispering corridors
Old 03-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Banned

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
Old 03-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
sorry

sky high
Old 03-26-2006, 04:02 AM
Banned

memento mori
Old 03-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

champion
Old 03-27-2006, 08:46 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Phone
Gozu

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Marebito

A very interesting film that is mostly carried by Shinya Tsukamoto's strong acting. It's rare to find a director who is also a talented actor, which is why Tsukamoto's films are always such a pleasure to watch. Takashi Shimizu does a good job in the director's seat, although I don't think that this film is as strong as Ju-On was. Still well worth watching though, despite the somewhat confused narrative. Overall: 7/10
Old 03-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Evil Puppy

Violent Cop

Takeshi Kitano's directorial debut and I rather liked it. The story was pretty cookie cutter but it was all well done.