Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABjerg View Post
Watchin' 'Altered' tonight since I heard so much about it. Probably gonna suck.
I really liked that one...went in with no expectations and ended up really impressed.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
So do I. It's the only way I get to catch a lot of films.
Ditto. This is the only available way to catch movies around the world here. The industry here is totally wrecked, IMO! Almost no foreign films gets released in the theaters. I guess most of the viewers here haven't even seen an original dvd in life. All the so called DVD stores are packed with pirated dvds...they just download 'pirated torrent movies' along with the dvd covers and then just copy-paste & sells in the stores in a cheap price. So people got so used to buy & see 'movies in DVDs' in that kind of price range that they can't even think of spending an amount of a standard price of original dvd for their viewing purpose. Moreover, the banks & financial institutions doesn't allow to keep or use an International Credit Card for online purchases. You can have or carry a Credit card to buy things but that's just when you're in abroad. But still I made some desperate efforts to buy original dvds online few years back by sending Cash (USD) via mail which is a very risky & hazardous procedure. Luckily I even bought several number of dvds by contacting with some good sellers at e-bay. But most of the time it took more than expected times (I guess probably for our lazy postal services) to get the package here properly...in most cases 2 to 3 months. But sadly I even lost quite a large amount of cash after some 'failed/missing delivery' and last year or the year before that when I was finally realized that I'm not getting the package of Coffin Joe's Coffin-box set along with some other cool dvds then I finally stopped buying Original dvds online through sending cash via mail.
Now it has been almost a year I bought a laptop and started downloading Pirated torrents and watching films whichever I want or find online. It has been a great rescue for a movie fan like me.

So...Long live Pirated Torrents!:)
Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Pirate of Bengal

MOH: Sick Girl (2006)

(Viewing Source: DVD!)

>>: B

The Orphan Killer
(2011)

A low budget but effectively made formulatic Slasher with over the top gore & a masked killer with a voice. (Viewing Source: Pirated Torrents :D)

Last edited by roshiq; 07-09-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
MOH: Sick Girl (2006)

(Viewing Source: DVD!)

The Orphan Killer
(2011)

A low budget but effectively made formulatic Slasher with over the top gore & a masked killer with a voice. (Viewing Source: Pirated Torrents :D)

Thanks for the tip as i too use pirated torrents although not for the more understandable reasons as you do.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:40 AM
sCaRyNeSs

Last one I watched was Altered.

Boring, stupid and with black comedy in it smh.
I liked the idea tho.

SCREAMING OUT I'M A HORRORFAN 'TILL I DIE BITCHES
Old 07-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Cold Fish (2011)

Making films like Suicide Club (2002), Strange Circus (2005) and Noriko's Dinner Table (2005) Sion Sono has become one of the most thought-provoking film makers in today's world cinema who often explored a large variety of controversial themes within his films that have established him as a director that isn't afraid to the push the boundaries of cinema to its utmost extreme.

Sono is a director with genius of showing a grasp of multiple genres when creating his films. Ranging from action, horror, comedy and drama--and in many cases a combination of several of them--Sono has developed a style of film making that has remain distinctively his, and with this latest film Cold Fish, Sono has once again explores the dark, tragic and horrific sides of the human condition, a character study of an individual negatively influenced by his oppressive surroundings. But unlike his above mentioned other films Cold Fish isn't that much hypothetical or mysterious in story telling; it unfolds the story & the characters in an easier & straight forward fashion.
The story loosely based on the case around the true-life "Saitama serial murders of dog lovers", a series of four gruesome murders carried about by dog[breeder Gen Sekine and his ex-wife Hiroko Kazama in Japan 1993, in this film 'Dog' has been changed to fish and a significant number of other details have been altered as far I've read in the articles.

The film slowly explores a shattering downfall to the human psyche as one continually views or assist in homicidal actions--which provide a relatively genuine look into how such exposure can turn a simple individual into a monstrous force of destruction. It examines what drives some individuals to murder when pushed to the utter edges of human depravity, where savagery seems like the only 'credible' solution.

Unlike other stereotypical serial killer genre films, almost two & half hour longCold Fish pushes further the perception of human behavior & following action and give us a gut-wrenching tale of murder, greed and psychological torment where only Sono can treat quite a number of disturbing elements with comedic ease and that even makes the film all the more captivating, filled with a bucket...nope! I should say a fully loaded tank of blood & dismembered body parts.

>>: A

X-Men: First Class (2011)

Truly first class! It will get an easy entry to the 'Best' club of superhero films by the fans of the genre.

Last edited by roshiq; 07-10-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Evil Dead

"The Long Ride Home" (2003)
-Randy Travis

Plot:
Mistaken for a gunfighter, farmer Jack Fowler kills a man in self defense, then abandons his family and goes on the run and leads the the life of a shootist until he finally makes his way back home.

Phantom's Review: Despite being beautifully filmed and having a good cast, this film is very slow moving. It lacks any real action or tension. It's not a BAD movie, it's just..kinda dull. Randy Travis does sing a nice song over the ending credits.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Evil is Better

Anthropophagous: The Grim Reaper AKA The Beast

I enjoyed it. Good build up although a little slow at points. It was able to maintain its creepiness even after they revealed the killer although i probably didnt find him as freaky looking as most people might because to me he looked like a demented version of my ex-girlfriends father. I think they should have built up the blind girl's ability to smell him although that might have turned it a little gimmicky.

*Side note - I had to keep re-editing this because i couldnt get the damn spelling right. IMDB has it different then the poster. Decided to just make it the same as the poster to avoid confusion. Still dont know which one is right or how to pronounce that mouthful of a word.*

Last edited by The Villain; 07-10-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:56 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Cold Fish (2011)

Ah, can't wait to see this one. I thought his film Love Exposure was a wonder.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:59 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
*Side note - I had to keep re-editing this because i couldnt get the damn spelling right. IMDB has it different then the poster. Decided to just make it the same as the poster to avoid confusion. Still dont know which one is right or how to pronounce that mouthful of a word.*
I think the reason for the difference is because that's the French poster, which defaults to the English spelling of the word with "-phagous". In America, I've always seen it spelled "Anthropophagus".