Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Very well acted all around, and Valeria Golino has to be one of the hottest things in existence...

Ditto!:cool:
Old 07-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Essential Killing (2010)

There's very few dialogs in the movie and particularly Vincent Gallo portraying the protagonist has none...a terrorist who initially captured but luckily escaped and struggle every moment for survival as he finds himself in a forbidding snowbound climate; a totally unknown territory for him. But he avoids his pursuers by every little chance he gets...even when its 'essential' he doesn't hesitate to kill or forcefully drinks a baby's most 'essential' food from his breast-feeding mother in hunger (a jaw dropping sequence)...!

Though aside from that there's nothing much happens in the film where the ending comes suddenly & that may turns out to be somewhat 'disappointing' for some viewers but I must say just for that harrowing sequence it's an essential viewing.

>>: B+

Venona para las hadas aka Poison for the Fairies (1984)

An amazing film from Mexico that beautifully explores the belief system & reality of two children that slowly takes them into a drastic consequence through manipulation & fear. Love the way the director every time excludes all the adults from the screen in the film.

>>: A

Closer (2004)

>>: A-

Frightmare (1974)

It's quite unusual but interesting to see a film/story which follows a psycho-Cannibal family gets a treatment like this one. Liked it.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Carriers.
Starring Chris Pine (Star Trek), Piper Perabo (Covert Affairs) and a brief appearance by Chris Meloni (SVU/Harold and Kumar).
Set after the outbreak of a deadly viral epidemic, two brothers along with their respective partners are travelling towards a secluded area in order to live safely without coming into contact with the infected...which of course, they do throughout the course of the movie.
A popular theory seems to be that this is a zombie film, it's not. The infected aren't undead, they aren't in any way superhuman or flesh hungry - In fact the larger threat in this reality is the "normal" people and how they react to the situation...ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances kind of thing - Breakdown of civilisation incited by panic.
So yeah it's really more of a drama/thriller I suppose, it's not without it's exciting and terrifying moments though, with situations presenting themselves that require the characters featured to make some terrible decisions, the choice between humanity and survival coming into play...it's a pretty emotionally charged, and scary film, acheiving it's scares not through cheap jumps, rather by introducing ideas and concepts that will play on the mind of the viewer.

If you've seen films along the lines of "Right at your door", or enjoy films that introduce visions of a morbid reality, you'd probably enjoy this film.
Good for what it was.
I'd give it a 7/10

I thought that movie was pretty boring. It just didnt do enough for me.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
i was going to get this movie but never bothered,but reading you quotes i might have to give it a watch.i like a good b movie.
Glad i could help
Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Venona para las hadas aka Poison for the Fairies (1984)

An amazing film from Mexico that beautifully explores the belief system & reality of two children that slowly takes them into a drastic consequence through manipulation & fear. Love the way the director every time excludes all the adults from the screen in the film.

>>: A
Ah, I've been wanting to see this for so long now. And now I want to even more. Where'd you see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Frightmare (1974)

It's quite unusual but interesting to see a film/story which follows a psycho-Cannibal family gets a treatment like this one. Liked it.

Oh yeah, I love this movie. It has such great atmosphere and Sheila Keith is amazing.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Cranky

He downloads pirated torrents.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
He downloads pirated torrents.
So do I. It's the only way I get to catch a lot of films.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 PM
sCaRyNeSs

Kunfu Panda 2, lol.

Watchin' 'Altered' tonight since I heard so much about it. Probably gonna suck.

SCREAMING OUT I'M A HORRORFAN 'TILL I DIE BITCHES
Old 07-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABjerg View Post
Kunfu Panda 2, lol.

Watchin' 'Altered' tonight since I heard so much about it. Probably gonna suck.
I have that movie. Not bad. Not great or anything but i liked it.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Evil Dead

"Whiskey And Ghosts" (1976)

Plot: IMDB

A snake-oil salesman is chased across the desert by a gang of Mexican bandits. He finds out, however, that he is being protected by the spirits of Davey Crockett, Pecos Bill and Johnny Appleseed.

Phantom's Review: Truly god awful supernatural western comedy. The film fails on all counts. avoid it like the plague.