Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Completely agree. I was expecting a slightly more grand-scale, effects-laden, epic GL but it felt a bit flat.

Ryan Reynolds was his usual self but needed some support from his fellow cast. Blake Lively looked gorgeous and that was about it.

Highlight of the film - the Abin Sur scene and Sinestro.

Yeah a pretty forgettable superhero movie if you ask me.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

I must say I was pretty impressed.
It was a little different than I expected and pretty ambitious for a low budget horror film. I expected some thing along the lines of Zombieland but its more serious kinda like a cross between The Road and Omega Man (it does borrow alot of elements from other films but it still feels original enough).

I didn't expect to see any name actors but Kelly McGillis and the throaty guy from Generation Kill made an appearance.
The acting was better than I expected - the script was a little clunky at times but I got over it.
Yeah...very decent indeed, even most of the times it didn't feel like a low budget effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Completely agree. I was expecting a slightly more grand-scale, effects-laden, epic GL but it felt a bit flat.

Ryan Reynolds was his usual self but needed some support from his fellow cast. Blake Lively looked gorgeous and that was about it.

Highlight of the film - the Abin Sur scene and Sinestro.

Though I have to wait for the dvd release (or I hope I can catch it on the theaters next month as my friends here are planning to have a little trip to Kolkata by then and we've already even bought the plane tickets:)) but still I think there are more suitable actor(s) to play the role of Hal Jordan than Ryan Reynolds...even every time I sees those posters it's kinda looks like Hrithik Roshan is on GL suit! Grrrr!

Last edited by roshiq; 06-23-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:21 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
every time I sees those posters it's kinda looks like Hrithik Roshan is on GL suit! Grrrr!
Oh man! Rosh, don't make me drool! :cool:
Old 06-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Evil is Better

I think Hollywood is reusing the same actors too much for superheroes. Reynolds played Green Lantern and Deadpool and Chris Evans played Human Torch and Captain America. I know thats only two but with such a wide selection of actors out there, why not broaden the scope a little bit?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Apartment Zero (1988)

An amazingly intense psychological drama-thriller with a quite a bit of 'sexual' overtone but more than that this is something extraordinary of its kind where Colin Firth gave a monumental performance.

>>: A-

The Passing (2011)

>>: D
Old 06-23-2011, 01:57 PM
sCaRyNeSs

Shutter (08 remake). I liked it tbh, pretty scary.:cool:
Old 06-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I think Hollywood is reusing the same actors too much for superheroes. Reynolds played Green Lantern and Deadpool and Chris Evans played Human Torch and Captain America. I know thats only two but with such a wide selection of actors out there, why not broaden the scope a little bit?
Because Hollywood has absolutely no balls. They consistently go for the lowest common denominator, the surest thing, the easiest way to draw the people into the theater. The lower the risk, the better off they think they are. If an actor is hot at the moment, get him in every single movie possible to cash in on that popularity before he gets caught railing coke off a dead hooker's stomach while screaming anti-semetic remarks at the camera.

They think that people are going to a movie like Green Lantern because of the leading man. Sure that's part of it, but if it was only about Ryan Reynolds, why not make the Ryan Reynolds movie? Just have an hour and a half of Ryan on screen cracking one-liners and taking his shirt off. Why bother with all the Green Lantern nonsense? I think a good portion of people going to see Green Lantern are amazingly enough going to see a movie about the Green Lantern.

I would give Ridley Scott's Alien prequel as a prime example of the lunacy that is Hollywood. How many millions upon millions has the Aliens franchise made over the years? It's not exactly a weak franchise. So when they finally get the man who started it all to make a prequel they start quibbling over rating and budget? I'm sorry, but a properly done Alien prequel, helmed by Scott is pretty much a sure-fire way to print money. There's so little risk involved with that movie, but yet it's been put in jeopardy because the execs are too-shortsighted to see the reality of it.

They do this over and over again and then wonder why something like Doom (which if done right would have been another way to print money) utterly tanks. It's because they were too afraid to accept a tiny bit of risk in order to get that big payoff. Instead they try to play it safe and fail horribly.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Tonight's the nght.

The Last of the Mohicans. -- Dainel Day-Lewis has become my favorite actor. I really love his performances and his approach to acting. Does anyone else like him?

Trick r' Treat. -- I was presently surprised by this movie. I though Sam was cute until he took off his mask. Then I was like "FUCKING KILL IT." I shall be getting it on blu-ray.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:50 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante'sInferno View Post
The Last of the Mohicans. -- Dainel Day-Lewis has become my favorite actor. I really love his performances and his approach to acting. Does anyone else like him?

Trick r' Treat. -- I was presently surprised by this movie. I though Sam was cute until he took off his mask. Then I was like "FUCKING KILL IT." I shall be getting it on blu-ray.
Couple of great watches. I adore Daniel Day-Lewis. He's one of the best actors out there, several notches above a lot of others.

And welcome back, Dante!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante'sInferno View Post
I though Sam was cute until he took off his mask. Then I was like "FUCKING KILL IT." .

Hahahahaha

Funny.