Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2011, 11:26 AM
For Vendetta

Old 05-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Misanthrope

Hall Pass

Pretty funny. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I was glad it didn't go overboard with the moralistic side of things like so many films of this type do. The best thing the Farrellys have done since Kingpin. Lots of fun.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Evil is Better

Hangover 2

It was funny but pretty much exactly like the first one. With that being said they can just keep doing these movies and just slightly change one or two things and they'll still make loads of money.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't so convoluted and up itself as the last two. It had a nice atmosphere and was very Indiana Jones...
Old 05-29-2011, 09:14 PM
For Vendetta

Old 05-29-2011, 09:51 PM
That fucking Guy...

My first 3 BluRays

*Kick-Ass
*Earth
*Dawn of the Dead ('78)

...Really impressed by how we Dawn was taken over to the format. Beautiful...

Earth was pretty cool, I'd like to get more wildlife/nature doco stuff on BluRay, it's just like you're there...especially looking forward to getting "Microcosmos" on that. Stunning stuff.

Kick-Ass = reviewed before. Good film. Nice adaptation of the comic that didn't butcher things *all that* much. (Though I preferred the origin of Big Daddy in the comics...) Friend liked it. Overall fun film that I think a lot of comic enthusiasts should have in their collection. I'd love to see more Millar stuff make it to film.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 05-29-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Evil Dead

Clash of the Titans - 7/10

I really enjoyed it and it looks amazing but don't be fooled into thinking it's artistic or well crafted. It is what it is, a big budget, swords and sandals romp. The action is awesome and it's supremely entertaining. Perfect accompaniment to your Sunday night hangover.
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 05-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Make-Out with Violence (2008)

Narrated by their younger brother Beetle, the story centers on twin brother Patrick & Carol; and the neighborhood girls they silently adore. But when Patrick’s love interest Wendy Heart mysteriously disappears & at one point everybody eventually given up for dead, the lives of the brothers take a dark turn as one sad summer say Wendy return as a barely reanimated corpse! Mystified by her condition, Patrick, takes the lead and nurtures her over the summer when a rotting girlfriend is better than no girlfriend at all.

Though it kinda sounds like Deadgirl but this is more of a coming-of-age teen drama than a zombie horror flick. As an indie film it was pretty well made with a fresh cast & good performance but not for everyone.

>>: B+
Old 05-30-2011, 08:40 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Make-Out with Violence (2008)

Narrated by their younger brother Beetle, the story centers on twin brother Patrick & Carol; and the neighborhood girls they silently adore. But when Patrick’s love interest Wendy Heart mysteriously disappears & at one point everybody eventually given up for dead, the lives of the brothers take a dark turn as one sad summer say Wendy return as a barely reanimated corpse! Mystified by her condition, Patrick, takes the lead and nurtures her over the summer when a rotting girlfriend is better than no girlfriend at all.

Though it kinda sounds like Deadgirl but this is more of a coming-of-age teen drama than a zombie horror flick. As an indie film it was pretty well made with a fresh cast & good performance but not for everyone.

>>: B+
I skip that one, thank you.

Thought Deadgirl was a big bore.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Ki ki ki ki ma ma ma...

Watched two today actually - first was Freddy vs Jason, then Halloween ll (the original). Although Freddy vs Jason wasn't particularly scary...