Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

This was the failed pilot for a TV series starring Leslie Nielsen as Psychic Investigator. Though its set in late 19th century it reminds me a lot of the Kolchak series. Nielson is tops as the playboy turned magician monsterhunter complete with midget assistant..

Pity this never got off the ground..

Old 01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
A History of Violence
Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Loomis View Post
A History of Violence

Good flick!

I don't know why but I tried Return To Sleepaway Camp again. What a steaming pile of dung. Terrible acting and really, who didn't unravle the "mystery" of who the killer was right off the bat? What the hell were Vincent Pastore and Isaac Hayes thinking when they signed on for this?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
Good flick!

I don't know why but I tried Return To Sleepaway Camp again. What a steaming pile of dung. Terrible acting and really, who didn't unravle the "mystery" of who the killer was right off the bat? What the hell were Vincent Pastore and Isaac Hayes thinking when they signed on for this?
it is pretty sweet, but ill never understand the random sex on the stairs :confused:
Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Wolf Creek (2005)

Saw it just once before & started forgetting about many parts of the story lately. So gave it a watch again.

>>: B+

The Cell (2000)

Saw it for the first time. Bit disappointed with the ending.

>>: B

Carver (2007)

>>: C+
Old 01-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Very different from the Romero original.

Complete mindless, stupid junk that I still enjoyed...WTF was it with Stephen Graeme still sounding Al Capone...
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Alfred Hitchcock's Notorious.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Evil Dead

BURIED: Sucked sucked and sucked some more.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

is this just horror?

The Last Exorcism, it was terrible...
Salt, very good
Necromentia, pretty awful
Old 01-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Bad Natured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
is this just horror?
Nope.

Beauty and the Beast (1946). For me, there is life before and then after watching Beauty and the Beast. Not simply because it was an amazing movie; it was. Not because of how the penetrating psychological implications have affected my soul; they have. And not because of the overwhelming symbolism has come to define just how shallow I am; yep. Instead, it has given my life new meaning, new direction, for I must now amass a boatload of money in order to build a living replica of the Beast's mansion.

Now when I say living replica, what I mean to intimate is that I want to somehow incorporate living anatomy into its architecture. Candle holders are to be human arms surrealistically branching out of the walls to apperceptively (sorry) illuminate my way. Statues will keep wary notice of my every move; now that is solidly creepy. Yep, the remainder of my life is to be spent infusing my existence with the essence of this great French movie adaption of this fabulous fairy tale. At least until something new and shiny graces my eyeballs.

Yes, this movie classic was that good. Cocteau was a poet, and Beauty and the Beast is dark poetry put to film. Every scene is memorable, lithe, and just another piece of the puzzle that will come to wondrous fruition at its resolve. An arrow shot through a window takes on sexual implications. A request for a rose shatters a life, maybe for the better. A nasty old smelly Beast a metaphor and vehicle alike. It's all there for the taking, too much really, which necessitates the wearing out of this perfect movie classic.

The acting was impressive. Josette Day piles on the beauty, at first simple, followed by a complete transformation into pulchritudinous (again, sorry) nobility. Jean Marais' three roles are not only sublime, but they add even further to the grim yet transcendental symbolism. The rest of the cast were perfectly supportive of our main stars.

As stated, the writing and direction were astounding. In a France freshly devastated by war, budgetary limitations could not stave the majesty of Beauty and the Beast, and probably for the better. This country probably benefited from such a cinematic boon as this. To heck with convention, there are times when the old ego needs a little nutritional shot in the arm.

More so, the effects were amazing, maybe even by today's standards. But this was 1946, and to think of what this film accomplished is a testament to the occasional genius that blesses our existence. Not to worry, no such talent will be found here in all of its ego swollen glory.

If you have yet to see it, get Beauty and the Beast immediately to the top of your cue, and then get to ordering a copy to keep at home, always by your side. That way, when the human creature drives you again to the brink, an occurrence that will never see the threat of extinction, you can simply pop this in your player to remind yourself that there is some rare occasional worth in humanity.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.