Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Satan's joystick

Lesbian kissing was pretty much the only thing worth watching in this one.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:46 AM
GORE~geous

Book Of Eli
Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Little Boo

Recently I had watched , Harry Potter's latest sequel. It was superb movie.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Misanthrope

V's recent watches got me digging thru & watching some tapes too:

Old 11-29-2010, 08:17 PM
For Vendetta

Def-Con 4 sounds so-bad-it's-good delicious. Gotta find that one.

I remember seeing The Slayer a long time back. One of the more notorious video nasties. Some pretty cool deaths in that.

Really surprising to see how many good sci-fi films of the 70s and 80s went under the radar, while their more illustrious brothers (Star Wars, Alien etc.) basked in the limelight. Shame, really. These films are collecting dust in shelves everywhere and modern crap keeps getting the rental hits.

Harvey Keitel really shines as the brains behind the mad robot. There are some really fantastic shots of Saturn and it's moons and the landscapes, plus the nail-biting climax adds to the tense atmosphere throughout the film which is complimented by a stellar background score. My only gripe would be that the climax was a bit hurried and short for such a wonderful plotline. A pretty gripping script, neat direction and fabulous performances - this one has it all.

What it doesn't have, is some much-deserved popularity. People, go find Saturn 3 and watch it.

Last edited by _____V_____; 11-29-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Banned

I had recently seen Coach Carter movie and truly inspired with it..
Old 11-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Just Before Dawn (1981)

>>: B+

Chatroom (2010)

>>: B-
Old 11-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Bad Natured

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Just Before Dawn (1981)

>>: B+
Cued up...

La Strada (1954). A classic masterpiece of epic proportions, La Strada is a simple tale of romance without love. But simple is a deceiving notion, for the deep symbolism, the depth of the characters, and the emotional elements captured by this near perfect flick are far from simple. With obvious parallels of life's journey, this story is of brutality and moral innocence, revealing the paradoxical marriage of the two, daring to question fate itself, only to ask if it is fair to face the mountains of despair that fate piles up onto mankind. The acting was brilliant, with Anthony Quinn's performance stunningly boorish. It was Giulietta Masina's Charlie Chaplin-esque, playing the angelic thief hearts, that stole the show. Her child-like expressiveness and curiosity with all that life has to offer, be it intriguing or mundane, intimated that romance can be found in all corners of existence. This rightly has been noted as Fellini's first masterpiece, an auteur that dwarfs other legendary directors. The score questions whether the imagery inspired the music, or maybe the other way around. Even the camera work and lighting were impressive, with techniques used whose outcomes defied Newtonian logic. For those with patience for a master to sneak in the magnificence of his genius, this Federico Fellini masterpiece offer rewards unbounded. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Evil Dead

King of California: I absolutely loved this movie. Pretty funny and quirky. Michael Douglas plays a mentally disturbed old guy rather well.

30 Days of Night: Dark Days: I made it about 25 minutes in and had to turn it off. I heard it was bad, like really bad so I had to see for myself since I loved the original. God it was painful. Avoid at all costs.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by siorai View Post
King of California: I absolutely loved this movie. Pretty funny and quirky. Michael Douglas plays a mentally disturbed old guy rather well.
I enjoyed this too. Quite a sad film but really good.

-----

Pulled out another old tape last night: