Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Scares Little Kids

Halloween 3
Old 10-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Evil Dead

My 31 Nights Of Halloween continue with:

"The Legend Of Hell House" (1973)
Plot: IMDB
A team consisting of a physicist, his wife, a young female psychic and the only survivor of the previous visit are sent to the notorious Hell House to prove/disprove survival after death. Previous visitors have either been killed or gone mad, and it is up to the team to survive a full week in isolation, and solve the mystery of the Hell House.

Phantom's Review: This is a great film! In my eye's this film is second only to the original "The Haunting" as the best ghost movie ever. Creepy atmosphere, music and story.
Based on the novel by Richard Matheson (which is also teriffic)
Old 10-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Evil Dead

Legion: SUCKED BIG TIME.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Don't Look Up (2009)

>>: C-

Altitude (2010)

>>: C
Old 10-28-2010, 04:02 AM
She's under the stairs

Not what I was expecting, and it seemed to be a bit of a joke, it didn't explain the new characters at all. The ending was absolutley just the stupidest ending I have seen in quite some time!

4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Bad Natured

Le Corbeau (1943). This French classic is in part a scathing critique of the Nazi occupation of France, which is all the more surprising in that it was made by Continental Films, a company created by the Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels. The fabulous director Clouzot, not a huge fan of the scourge of humanity, creates a world driven by conspiracy, intrigue, and mistrust of fellow men. In doing so, the atmosphere becomes corrupt, only to be breathed in by men and women that quickly spread the miasma throughout the community. The story was sublime, both literal and symbolic, with no messiness in its efforts to parallel the abstract with the tangible. The acting was solid on all accounts. Direction of course was nothing short of spectacular, coupled with subtle puissance in shot composure and wonderful use of shadow and stark dichotomy of perception. The result was maybe the first hint of French film noir, but with a brilliant Clouzot flair. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Bad Natured

Lisa and the Devil (1974). This entry from horror maestro Mario Bava was a discombobulated nightmare, lush and awkward. Radiant colors commingle with an overzealous cacophony of shot composure, leading astray the viewer's capacity to see that this story is really going nowhere. Maybe that's the horror of it, lives ambling through a loosely structured sense of being, bumbling all the way in their transport through absurdity, the end as horrible as the beginning. Telly Savalas steals the show as a creepy, puppet-carrying menace whose toxic smile and groping dialog portend a grim reality. The rest of the cast here are perfectly immaterial as their characters are as shallow as their intelligence. Though it drags a time or two, with a few scenes that could have happily diced, the result is still a wonderful experience, much like viewing a painting so beautiful that its dreadful meaning goes unnoticed. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Halloween II (2009)

Four words: I am not happy.

So much worse than I thought it would be. Even if I didn't love the original as much as I do, this would annoy me. It's the tackiest, lowest common denominator piece of shit writing/directing I have seen in a long time. The script is awful, the acting is awful, the characters are for the most part just awful. I won't lie, there are one or two humorous moment which prompted a chuckle. The "Mr. Weird" line was a giggle.

The attempt to explain his madness was a laughable hack job which was far more funny than deep, but what got me the most how he shit all over Dr. Loomis' character. Like I said on Facebook, I'm usually the first to say "it doesn't HURT the original", but it just seems too much. Loomis was Pleasance's last great role, he played him for 6 years and taking the name and doing THAT to it. Eugh. Made me very angry to watch, as indifferent as a tried to be, it was just horrible.

And really, SO much swearing (I know, ironic given that I'm hardly a saint) but even so. And the sex scenes are unnecessary. Just EVERYTHING in the film felt unnecessary. The amount of minor characters added only to be cut down moments later. Talk about predictable.

The Ferrets like it...

Last edited by ferretchucker; 10-29-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlutz View Post
Legion: SUCKED BIG TIME.
Recently watched this as well. The first half was pretty good,and then it fell apart.
How can you f 'up a movie that started so promising? I almost couldn't watch the end of it.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
Recently watched this as well. The first half was pretty good,and then it fell apart.
How can you f 'up a movie that started so promising? I almost couldn't watch the end of it.
At points I was fast forwarding. I did like the old lady on the ceiling.