Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Evil Dead

"Red River"

Classic John Wayne
Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Evil Dead

"Guns Of The Magnificent Seven" (1969)
-George Kennedy

Plot:A Mexican revolutionary hires an American gunslinger to organize the rescue of their leader from a brutal army prison. |

Phantom's Review: Second sequel to the American western classic. Not as good as the original, but very entertaing nonetheless. Plenty of action and humor and all the actors do good jobs. A fun film.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Masoch's mistress

Splice-not a bad film but a little slow in places. Adrian Brody is nice though
Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Bad Natured

Prince of Darkness (1987). This offering by John Carpenter at first is in want of one small item- decent acting. With time though, this deficit almost becomes endearing as this creepy little flick builds momentum. In fact, maybe the initial lack of talent is the springboard of some of the creepiest scenes ever to grace the silver screen. With eerie, giggling maniacs, street people gone awry, and doe-eyed monsters, things really fall apart for our potential heroes. There is even a smattering of humor to perk up the dismal atmosphere that belies this little horror's premise. While the actors seem to be in the infancy of their careers, the dialog is at times the driving force of the hideous terror that is this flick's foundation. Who knew quantum physics could be so scary? JC's direction was solid, taking this low-budget endeavor and creating a memorable flick from beginning to end. The score turned out to be a perfect fit, timed with adroit skill for effect. But what is memorably burned into the memory banks was that dream video from a different era, whose message portends that the story does not end with the rolling of the credits...

City of Men (2007). From the producers of City of God, this flick brings us back to the slums of Rio. A story of friendship, it centers less on violence and more on family, especially the duties that young men should honor lest they bestow on their children the same ignominious fate that was handed them. It is not an easy choice. The acting was first rate and contained some scenes that will make the American public cringe at the audacity of the film producers. A violent flick, its presence is more in the background and is not gratuitous by any means. The direction was fabulous, with heavy use of editing to create the necessary back story of our protagonists. The story itself was a bit of a stretch, but the fantastical coincidences jibe well for its purposes. At the end, the notion of urban warfare will be forever changed in the hearts of its viewers. Merci beaucoup.

Genruk'

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Robin Hood (2010)

Following the recent success of some superhero flicks the idea was fine to go with a reboot style or telling the origin story of a great hero but I think they spend too much time on the middle of the story and thus results a bit of mess at the end.

>>: B-

Ginger Snaps Back - The Beginning (2004)

Though it wasn't bad but I don't get the idea how come this series needed a this sorta period prequel then? It was for the hype, I guess. Then they could go for another one setting in a distant future (like Jason X)...Ginger Snaps Back - The Future Fright!:D

>>: B-
Old 09-04-2010, 08:36 AM
No redeeming qualities

Bullitt (1968)--When men were Steve McQueen, and car chases were cool.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Watched Jaws 2 the other night. It may not be as good as the first but it's still very enjoyable. And let's not forget, it is leaps and bounds above the rest.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 09-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Titty Twister

Henry: portrait of a Serial Killer
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
Old 09-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
What ever Happened to Baby Jane.

I'd never seen this film before. I never knew how tragic it was! I mean, I shouldn't like the character of Jane for all the terrible things she's done, but I do. I just feel so bad for her, especially as she begins to lose her mind. She's just an ill old woman who's been overcome with jealousy and resentment, and yet she wants to be a child. I mean, the scene at the end where she dances is just heartbreakingly poignant.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Misanthrope