Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-07-2010, 05:18 AM
Bad Natured

Lost Highway (1997). Lynch's flick are just like dreams, they are very unrealistic but the viewer never seems to question nor care. With most people, the desire to "comprehend" what has just happened obscures the magic of his madness. Sometimes it is better to just let the bedlam unfold, allowing the artistic eye revel in the palate of celluloid that has just received witness. This flick was simply another outstanding, nonlinear, maddening work of a master of dementia. The acting was awesome. Patricia Arquette was sublimely delicate and lethal. The dialogue was awkward, but somehow it was masterfully performed and only added to the sense of foreboding. The camera work and the lush, dark color was splendid. The soundtrack and score were wonderful in application. For movie lovers, this is simply heroin. Mercie beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Misanthrope

Ghost World

Didn't care for this at all when it first came out but really dug it this time round. It got me quite sentimental about my past :o
Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Masoch's mistress

The Beyond- loved this, brilliant, until the last 20 minutes when it became just another run of the mill zombie flick. Prior to that it was interesting and unusual.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Transylmania (2009)

>>: D

Malice in Wonderland (2010)

>>: B-
Old 05-08-2010, 08:13 AM
DIGITALLY REMASTERED

Watched "The Cars that ate Paris" directed by Peter Weir, nice little film. Just got a copy of Peter weirs "Picnick at hanging rock", I heard thats also good.:)
Old 05-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Misanthrope

Daybreakers

I fucking hated Undead so I didn't set my expectations to high for this one. Daybreakers is an infinitely better film and despite a few plot holes I didn't buy and my pet hate of shitty NZ/Home & Away stars popping up on the screen I really dug it. Cool blend of both vampire and dystopian future flick. Dafoe was great as usual and Sam Neil played the slimey fucker role to perfection.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:13 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Iron Man 2

While a little light on actual conflict, this sequel presents far less of a drop-off in quality than most sequels. The acting is great, the nerdy in-jokes all work and it provides a fun afternoon at the cinema.

Not as goood as the first flick, but not half as bad as I've heard some say.
6.9/10

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Dead Space: Downfall.

Never played the game, so I don't know much about that, but the movie was really good. Great animation. Gory, but different from the animated gore I'm used to. Still; very good, and it managed to capture a great sense of claustrophobia and panic.

4/5
Old 05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Evil Dead

Romero's The Crazies.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Hatchet for the Honeymoon (1970)

***SPOILER***
At very early voice over after the film starts we find an interesting monologue:

My name is John Harrington. I'm 30 years old. I'm a paranoiac. Paranoiac. An enchanting word, so civilized, full of possibilities. The truth is, I am completely mad. The realization which annoys me at first, but is now amusing to me. Quite amusing. Nobody suspects I am a madman. A dangerous murderer. Not Mildred, my wife. Nor the employees of my fashion center. Nor of course my customers.

Not only Bava's one of the finest but a very different Giallish psychological horror of early 70's which is (IMO) little bit like a fantastic cross between two legendary psychological horror thriller of all time...Psycho (1960) & American Psycho (2000)!
The voice over, flashbacks, excessive zooms, subjective camera use, swift shots of the dolls and beautiful visual design masterfully reflect a killer's diseased mind. And from the very beginning since we're attached with Harrington's point of view & thoughts, we get the chance to relate with his trauma & hunger for killing easily. Plus the way Bava always captured the typical Gothic mansion is like a labyrinth that only a maniac like Harrington could understand.

"A woman should live only until her wedding night. Love once and then die"...hats off to Mario Bava once again.

>>: A

Last edited by roshiq; 05-09-2010 at 12:22 AM.