Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Undead

Streets of Fire.............badass 80s action flick starring a young Dianne Lane and William DaFoe. Has one great fight scene...........recommended
Old 04-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Masoch's mistress

Thumbs up

Dr. Lamb,
The Untold story
Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Evil Dead

The Unborn,forthwith known as the unwatchable.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 PM
For Vendetta

Slightly disappointed by the way they tried to explain everything that happened in the first one, but a very decent watch nonetheless. A cameo which was unnecessary, and a twist which gave off an outlandish vibe. Its still fast-paced, very atmospheric and quite a solid little sequel.

Or maybe its just me and the high expectations I had going into this after the uber-high bar set by the original. Hope #3 lives up to the original a wee bit more than this one.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Pirate of Bengal

What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (1974)

An exceptionally above average Giallo with a nice blend of poliziotteschi flavor from the very beginning and that kept till the end with a fantastic pace. Liked it even more than its earlier What Have You Done to Solange? as I think this one comes with a better story, great score, fine cast and Dallamano's masterful camera works.

>>: A-
Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Date night" 4/10

Yet again i fail to see Carell's talent for comedy. I just don't find him very funny.

Sure it doesn't help when the movie sucks as much as Date Night. In fact the highlight for me was the couple's serious talk in the car about their relationship. That will probably be the only thing i'll remember from this movie in about a week. That and Wahlbergs upper body.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIdiot View Post
Streets of Fire.............badass 80s action flick starring a young Dianne Lane and William DaFoe. Has one great fight scene...........recommended
Love the soundtrack too-Jim Steinman
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIdiot View Post
Walter Hill RULES :cool:

-----

Beer

Enjoyed this one. Nice parody of the advertising/alcohol industries staring Hotlips from M*A*S*H. David Alan Grier was excellent too.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Clash of the titans" (2010) 7-8/10

Well made good entertainment.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Meat Grinder (2009)

Lately having some problems with the dvds of Asian films. Some of them are coming out without English subtitles and it was one of them! But I gave it a shot last night and just watched the whole film without understanding a single line.:D But as a psychological splatter flick it wasn't that difficult to follow as I thought it'd be.

It's like a Thai version of a Sweeney Todd tale in the form of a female psychopath who grinds her victims into meatballs for noodle soup.
The story centers around Boot, a single mother (who has a tortured & abused past) running a small noodle cart. When a dead guy ends up inside the cart one day she decides to see it as an opportunity and comes up with a new recipe! The bloodiness just escalates as more prey turn up, motivating Boot to expand her business from street-side noodle cart to a full-fledged restaurant business. Complications arise when she meets and falls for a young man who she met during a student riot.
This is obviously only a film for those with the strongest of stomachs. It is certainly nice to see some substance along with the splatter, and this elevates the film from being a mere gruesome freak show into something quite engaging. A solid mix of extreme gore and psycho character drama which is visually a nice treat indeed, specially for the jaded gorehounds.

I like to recommend it to Ferox, Elvis, V, Angra, Chrono & any other HDCian who don't mind to see some human body parts floating around in a blood shower frequently on screen.

>>: B+

The House With Laughing Windows (1976)

I though it'd be a typical giallo. But despite adopting some of the conventions of the genre...the mystery maniac and tragic back-story, this is not a body-count movie and there is no black-gloved assassin. However it's a pretty fine & atmospheric 70's Euro horror with a good spooky story. Liked it.

>>: B+

Pontypool (2008)

Beautiful concept & fantastic film! Really loved it, loved it...loved-loved...(oh, no!) Kill is kiss...kill is kiss...kill is kiss.:D

>>: A

Last edited by roshiq; 04-27-2010 at 04:06 AM.