Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2014, 03:18 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Predestination (2014)

A weirdly fucked up Time travel thriller! Loved it!

Recommended to Angra, Villain & Chrono, looking forward to hear your thoughts

>>: A-
I'll definitely check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Agree. Including the ending, the whole "Babadook" set up is actually tells here more of a single mother's constant struggle to keep things right under the very threat of a complete psychological breakdown & losing everything before her own eyes. The whole fear of Babadook was very much alive for them as it comes within their insecurity, frustration & challenges to cope with the surroundings & live a regular, normal life but still everything seems falling apart...and then there comes the Babadook, a magnificent manifestation of psychological horror!

More than for an "Iconic Villain," The Babadook will always have high mark from me for its excellent character development, performance & its chilling atmospheric horror all over place from star to finish.
Well said Roshiq. I 100% agree

Old 12-06-2014, 09:40 AM
病気の

Tusk, 2014. 6/10

Old 12-06-2014, 05:56 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post

Well said Roshiq. I 100% agree
I guess nobody who loved that movie cared about where the hell the Babadook came from and why..

Bugged the hell outa me.

and the boy was a pain in the a...
Old 12-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Evil Sweat

Joy Ride (2001)
"Two brothers piss of an evil trucker. Stuff happens."
Meh. Concept of an evil trucker has potential but it should be slightly over the top with lots of blood and gore.

Joy Ride 3 (2014)
"Group of dumb young adults piss off evil trucker. Stuff happens."
Another dumb sequel but not really boring if you got nothing else to watch.

Saw 3-7 (2006-2010)
Still entertaining enough to me.

The Descent (2005)
Was a bit confused when Horcrux mentioned the ending because I was sure I've seen this one but it was the sequel I saw. So I decide to watch part 1.
Not a bad movie but I didn't really like it.
Just like As Above, So Below I thought it was a bad mix of different elements and storylines. And a little too much estrogen for my taste.

The Returned (2013)
Watched it because it's catagorised on IMDB as Drama | Horror | Sci-Fi but it's more drama than anything else. And I don't like drama.
Total waste of time.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:37 AM
Little Boo

Hi,

my first post.

the Babadook was impressive.Original and creepy.
As above so below was also strong but the final should have been more sinister.

Anabelle is fantastic.Horror at its best.

regards,
Old 12-07-2014, 04:59 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I guess nobody who loved that movie cared about where the hell the Babadook came from and why..

Bugged the hell outa me.

and the boy was a pain in the a...
Not every movie needs an origin of the monster especially one thats supposed to serve as a metaphor for mental illness. It's also supposed to be a boogeyman type creature. Diving further into monsters sometimes makes them less scary. This is a movie that didn't need any of that.

The boy was annoying but got better as the movie went along and i think it made sense that he was like that due to the horrible parenting by his mother. Plus if he was a good well behaved child, i don't think the mother would have been as stressed and the plot wouldnt have worked as well.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:18 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Not every movie needs an origin of the monster especially one thats supposed to serve as a metaphor for mental illness. It's also supposed to be a boogeyman type creature. Diving further into monsters sometimes makes them less scary. This is a movie that didn't need any of that.
I completely disagree.

SPOILER ALERT!

If the story had just been about a mental illness the Babadook would've made sense as a metaphor. But it wasn't. It was a Real thing that was just suddenly there for no reason whatsoever. All horror icons has a background story and as this is a pretty bad ass looking boogeyman this one should too.

Quote:
The boy was annoying but got better as the movie went along and i think it made sense that he was like that due to the horrible parenting by his mother. Plus if he was a good well behaved child, i don't think the mother would have been as stressed and the plot wouldnt have worked as well.
POSSIBLE SPOILER

This movie could easily have worked with a different/more simpe story as the story about the mother and son didn't really have a lot in common with the Babadook. They just read the book, that's all.

That's my opinion and why i didn't love this movie although it had one helluva monster. But it sure has potential to become a fantastic franchise.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Horror Fan

Exclamation

I agree with Angra. I took the Babadook quite literally. Why else feed it worms?

The metaphorical interpretation proffered by Villain roshiq et al. does make me want to re-watch it through that lens, however.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:07 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I completely disagree.

SPOILER ALERT!

If the story had just been about a mental illness the Babadook would've made sense as a metaphor. But it wasn't. It was a Real thing that was just suddenly there for no reason whatsoever. All horror icons has a background story and as this is a pretty bad ass looking boogeyman this one should too.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

This movie could easily have worked with a different/more simpe story as the story about the mother and son didn't really have a lot in common with the Babadook. They just read the book, that's all.

That's my opinion and why i didn't love this movie although it had one helluva monster. But it sure has potential to become a fantastic franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
I agree with Angra. I took the Babadook quite literally. Why else feed it worms?

The metaphorical interpretation proffered by Villain roshiq et al. does make me want to re-watch it through that lens, however.
I never said it wasnt real. It was a real monster in the movies universe but i was saying the director used it as a metaphor for us the viewers. In that sense i just felt like it really wasn't important to explain where it came from. Even without the mental illness metaphor i just dont feel like this movie needed the explanation. Not every movie needs one. Thats just my opinion.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:10 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I never said it wasnt real. It was a real monster in the movies universe but i was saying the director used it as a metaphor for us the viewers. In that sense i just felt like it really wasn't important to explain where it came from. Even without the mental illness metaphor i just dont feel like this movie needed the explanation. Not every movie needs one. Thats just my opinion.
Well, your opinion is wrong.

Tags
movie