Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Evil Dead

The Wolf Man (2010)

Awesome. I loved It.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
Brazil-

This time with my bf, and also sober. What. A. Mindfuck. I hate those stupid baby face masks so very much.

Love absolutely everything else though. Especially the way they make everything look like the 1940's; film noir style, art deco everything. Yet it's also quite futuristic. Is there a word for/genre of making the past look like the future. If so I want more.

Great movie. 4/5 for being a bit long.
I think it's more making the future look like dirty and imperfect. Dystopian would be the most appropriate word I believe, unless somebody else has something better. While that really doesn't refer to the visuals, a lot of times that ugly or imperfect looking future is a result of a dystopia. A far cry from the visions of the future you get in things like Star Trek where everything is so clean and pretty. Not quite a steampunk future either...

Blade Runner is another good example of such a world IMO.

I LOVE Brazil.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
She's under the stairs

Nail Gun Massacre

A rather odd b grade flick, with some terrible scripting but it had some charm.

5/10

Near Dark

My fist time watching this, and man was I dissapointed, it faiked me big time.... The Pax got a pass but otherwise I didn't buy it. O.K so it was probably just the one aspect that ruined it for me, maybe I'm overacting. But you can't expect me to believe that....

7/10

Phsyco cop

This was another b grade flick where the script let it down, to many cringe worthy one liners from the bad guy to handle. And he seemed to be even quicker than jason, they could have caught a plane to another country and he would have been waiting for them at the luggage pick up. It was fun though, nut a real lack of nudity for a pick of this time and quality.

6/10

Cabin fever 2

I like it a lot. It had this odd vibe running through it. Overall it was a reasonable black comedy. I'd definatley like to see a 3rd instalment focussing on Winston. Giuseppe Andrews probably was the overall saviour of this flick in the end.

7/10

The Wolfman

I wasn't expecting much, but it was actually a really enjoyable movie. I saw the origanal a long time ago, but I remember it dragging a bit, I think there was a lot more of a love story being told, which I'm glad was not the case here. It was just brutal werewolf destruction of the English, awesome fun. Pretty much non-stop as well.

8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 02-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Live!

Quite enjoyed it. Eva Mendes plays a tv exec whos trying to get a reality show based on the game russian roulette on air. Its set up as a documentary crew following her every move as she goes thru the process of convincing network chiefs and such. The reality show itself, seen at the end, is actually quite tense and believable (maybe its only a matter of time?!!). Dont go out your way to see this but its certainly worth a look as a decent time filler.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 02-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Evil Dead

Just saw the original Stephen King's Salem's Lot :)
Old 02-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Satan's joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorsniped View Post
Just saw the original Stephen King's Salem's Lot :)
They made a movie out of that?! =O
I just finished the book a few months ago. Is the movie any good?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
They made a movie out of that?! =O
I just finished the book a few months ago. Is the movie any good?
Watch it definitely, I loved it, scared me silly. It is a classic.
Don't watch the remake...ever:cool:

GAMER
wasn't expecting much from this film and THANK GOD.
Terrible dribble, it actually made sex and violence boring...and that's some trick with the over the top crap they do these days with sex and violence
Old 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Tenant

Crazy Heart (2009)

A compelling character drama that becomes extraordinary in the hands of Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal. These could arguably be called the two performances of the year, hard roles which fluxuate from exhibiting great human joy to great human pain. I found myself fully engaged in this country star and his culture, something that hasn't been attempted since Altman succeeded in the 70s; Walter tackles the subject of this music scene and alcoholism, and they way they often go together, but he's careful to show the warm and gentle attributes of the culture as well. This contains the year's best music, songs (some sung by Bridges) that are actually far better than the genre ordinarily produces. One of the best (and most overlooked) pictures of 2009.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Just saw Hook for the very first time. :)
Old 02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Evil Puppy

Sunshine

I missed some stuff, need to watch it again. What I saw looked fantastic.