Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to donniedarko3
i like both, however i like the original more just because of its originality. its mostly just creepy rather than scary, and i feel like the remake didnt rely much on creepiness but instead just was out to make the audience jump.

id like to see a prequel, because if youve seen the remake the group picks up a girl in the beginning that kills herself. I think that girl would be a perfect character for the prequel, she could be the lone survivor, and a perfect link from the prequel to the remake.

and for the love of god...TCM is not based on a true story!!!!!!
rent/buy/watch the original and listen to the commentary. jesus h. fucking christ. its based on ed gein, who only killed one person.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to youshouldvknown Send a message via Yahoo to youshouldvknown
I'm a huge TCM fan.. have been for years. My father rented that movie for my 8th birthday party and it scared the piss out of me and I swore I'd never watch it again... until my cousin insisted we watch it when I was in high school. It still scared the piss out of me, but now it's definately a family movie... one the whole family congregates around.

Maybe this is why I wasn't exactly thrilled about the remake. It wasn't necessarily BAD, but its in no way better or scarier or smarter than the original. There is no comparison.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Coolio is my hero

Send a message via AIM to KRUGERKID13 Send a message via Yahoo to KRUGERKID13
whats that got to do with the prequal
Old 08-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to youshouldvknown Send a message via Yahoo to youshouldvknown
Quote:
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
whats that got to do with the prequal
If you're referring to me, it's got to do with what others had to say about the remake. The thread starter said it was her favorite movie (at least I think it was the thread starter who said that) and I was just throwing my two cents in. As far as the prequal goes, if it's done in the fashion of the original, then I'll like it. If it's supposed to be a prequal to the remake (and done in the fashion of the remake) then I don't see how the two could be a part of the original.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by JokerMONEY3000
Ok, That one remake of the TCM cannot beat the Halloween series. I did think that Jessica acted good. Except for the one part when the girl commited suicide in the car. Her scream is so fucking fake its ridiculous. If they make a prequel, I don't really see how anyone will live at the end. If someone does, then how could they not have any idea about the Hewitt house later? To me, one movie is enough. The original I did not like that much, but many fans do. The sequel, I did not like at all, but the fans do. I didn't see 3 or 4, but for some reason the trailers make me wanna see them. TCM: The Next Gerneration isn't that old so, its not like the series is dead. They could make a part 5. I think they should do the fans a favor an not make a prequel. Its still based on a true story. I think it would be cool if they made a documentary on it, not a movie.
It'd be one hell of a short documentary, considering almost all of it isnt really true. Just enough to get off without false advertising. Damn Hollywood...

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." – Dr. Seuss

"Someone called actors 'sculptors in snow.' Very apt. In the end, it's all nothing." – Vincent Price

The Oldest and Stongest Emotion of Man is Fear- H.P Lovecraft

Six bottles went down the drain
One hour's a waste of time
I'd ask if you feel the same
Still pushin that chance to try
Your breath in this cool room chill
Long hair that blows side to side
You speak and make time stand still
And each time you walk right on by
Old 08-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Coolio is my hero

yeah we ahve a whole thread for assholes who thank its real but i figured hewouldveknoew
Old 08-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
yeah we ahve a whole thread for assholes who thank its real but i figured hewouldveknoew
It IS based on a true story, though. VERY loosely based, however, on Ed Gein and there are plenty of documentaries about him. I'm not sure if Gein ever weilded a chainsaw at his victims, but he did dress in their skins and this is about the only similarity the two share.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Fuck Pinhead

lol, I knew that most of the shit was made up, I've never been able to find anything on the true story, I just figured some guy killed a bunch of people with a chainsaw, an that was it. Since it would have to be, to be called The Texas(it happened in Texas) Chainsaw(involved a chainsaw) Massacre(lot of people died) I don't really think they should call it a true story. I read some stuff like Jessicas character really did live an told her story an the remake was what really happened, but I dunno
Old 08-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
How can the have a PREQUEL to a REMAKE. It doesnt make sense to me
I don't get it too. But they're doin it. Even Ringu's remake The Ring will have a prequel.. after the sequel, though.

TCM (2003) was the scariest movie I've ever seen. I kept jumping and screaming (sad, I know). Even after watching it 4 times I kept jumping and screaming (so sad, I know). The original was scary but I LOVED the remake. The direction was really great and the music by Steve Jablonski was awesome. I went and bought the soundtrack (..I know). But hey, at least I got the soundtrack autographed by Steve! I can't wait for the prequel.

And as for TCM (2003) being better than the Halloween series, how? There's just no way. Although, anything beats Halloween 3. Michael Myers is too f_cking awesome. I was upset that they didn't do a Michael vs. Jason. But then after seeing Freddy vs. Jason, I was glad to see that he wasn't a part of it. Because the way that the movie turned out, it would've been bad for the series. I would LOVE to see Michael vs. Leatherface. That would be a great horror movie. And the poster could be like half of Michael's mask and half of what Leatherface uses and behind that would be some messed up boy. And if they did go with Michael vs. Leatherface, I hope this movie would kill the pattern that it was made with FVJ and AVP.

But yeah, to sum it all up, the remake was awesome but doesn't beat the Halloween series.

Oh, another thing... With the amount of sequels that the Freddy, Jason and Michael franchises have made, I wonder if there Hollywood could do it again. Maybe The Texas Chainsaw Massacre could be the one to do it? But it would have to be some kind of killer dude not movies like the Scream series where it's like a whodunit kind of deal. Know what I mean?
Old 08-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Coolio is my hero

Quote:
Originally posted by youshouldvknown
It IS based on a true story, though. VERY loosely based, however, on Ed Gein and there are plenty of documentaries about him. I'm not sure if Gein ever weilded a chainsaw at his victims, but he did dress in their skins and this is about the only similarity the two share.
really thinks for the info im glad i didnt already know that.

oh wait i did