Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Scares Little Kids

I've been lurking for a while so I hope it's okay if I jump in here and second "House of Wax". Very atmospheric and a great plot. (It inspired one of my thrillers)

The old Joan Crawford movie "I Saw What You Did" (1965). Campy and creepy and lots of fun.

"The Bad Seed". (1956?) Maybe not technically a horror, but still a cool movie.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Eye Catching

Cool thanks all. This thread was just what I was looking for. I am a newbie to Classic Horror films also. Well a newbie in general lol.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

I would also recomend:

Eyes Without a Face (Les Yeux Sans Visage) (1960)

House on Haunted Hill (1958)
Old 01-30-2007, 10:46 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

You can't go too far wrong with "Mad Doctor of Blood Island" (1968) ...gives you some classical tropical island horror atmosphere mixed with nudity, gore, tribal dances and a horrible slobbering monster. Trash does not get better than this.

(Christopher Lee is actually in "Blood Demon," and not in "Mad Doctor of Blood Island" as the ad seems to suggest.)

Friend....gooooood!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:05 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
You can't go too far wrong with "Mad Doctor of Blood Island" (1968) ...gives you some classical tropical island horror atmosphere mixed with nudity, gore, tribal dances and a horrible slobbering monster. Trash does not get better than this.

(Christopher Lee is actually in "Blood Demon," and not in "Mad Doctor of Blood Island" as the ad seems to suggest.)
Man, that sounds awesome...just put it on my Ziplist!
Old 01-30-2007, 11:54 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Dude...the recent DVDs of "Mad Doctor" start out with the "Green Blood Ritual" thing which is a short film clip showing young people drinking green liquid out of test tubes...in the drive-in theatres, you were given a plastic packet and encouraged to drink the "green blood potion" and recite the "Oath of Green Blood" ... this opening speech is beyond belief, it is just crazy:

"The Green Blood potion has been known to passionately affect some people after drinking it...others describe a feeling of the Supernatural Conscience(sic) entering their being...Now, get your sample of the Green Blood potion ready, and recite the Oath of Dr. Lorca aloud with me: I, a living breathing creature of the cosmic entity, have now chosen to be among those who are allowed to drink of the mystic emerald fluids herein offered! I join the Order of Green Blood with an open mind, and through this liquid's powers am now safely able to view the Unnatural Green Blooded Ones without fear of contamination! Now: Drink your sample of Green Blood, and it is guaranteed that you can NEVER turn into a GREEN-BLOODED MONSTER!"

Friend....gooooood!

Old 01-30-2007, 12:52 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

It was probably corn syrup and some green food color...they had some company make these packets which were supposedly like ketchup packets. Sam Sherman, whose company released the film stateside, decided to drink one of the packets of liquid and it made him feel ill.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:59 PM
The Saw is Family

Send a message via Yahoo to Horror1979
The Terror Starring Jack Nicholson. Boris Karloff and Dick Miller.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:48 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

The Thing From Another World

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Evil Dead

Tomb of the Blind Dead, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. You should go to Netflix and search within their classic horror, especially the foreign horror section...