Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
Derek and I have had a few freezes but only when playing Fallout 3. It's a pretty hefty game so I can understand it doing that sometimes.
never happened to my brother while in his gameplay, must vary in systems.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprucky Cougar View Post
Really? Everybody I talk to loves 360. The only complaints I hear are that XBOX is the game console that overheats the most and fastest. I heard one story of a kid who went to bed and left it plugged in- and the house ended up burning down. But just like laptops I assume they make cooling pads for videogames too...if they don't perhaps they should. What's happened to yours? Or should I say the three of yours?:confused:
Old 01-13-2009, 01:13 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I go to turn on my xbox today but I didn't get the red rings.It won't read any of my games.I called Microsoft today and since my warranty is up they said it would cost me 200 dollars to get it repaired so I said fuck that and go fuck yourself.

I went out and bought the pro system with the 60G hard drive and two free games.I'll seel the 60G since I already have one.And I didn't have to wait 2 months to get it.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Death by sexy

Send a message via MSN to Marroe Send a message via Yahoo to Marroe
We got the red ring of death some time in 06, and the next day it was green again. Other than a few odd grindy noises in the weeks following, it's been just fine since then. And it's the ONLY thing we have used for DVD's.

Y'know, now that I'm saying all of this it's going to poop out on me.

Last edited by Marroe; 01-14-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Evil Dead

Xbox 360 - what a pile of junk. I am still pissed about it. I got my Xbox 360 for Christmas 08. I loved it - played nearly everyday, for a whole 7 months. It had started freezing on certain games around four months in. I figured it was just the games. It was vertical - on a top shelf with nothing near it. Then it started to give me some grinding noises and would freeze. Finally as soon as you turned it on I got 3 red lights and the hard disc would start spinning out of control. I did some research to see if it was a quick fix. Here is what I discovered: the Xbox 360 is a poorly made pile of shit. When they built them they used an inferior grade of solder. It apparently weakens through repeated heatings which is why the problem gradually worsens. The solder develops cracks and eventually breaks. The most common place for this to happen is where the cooling fins are attached to the back of the chips. This causes the 3 red lights because the chips can no longer cool and it overheats immediately. I was informed I could take it apart and re-solder the cooling fins (which would negate any warranty) or call Microsoft. We called Microsoft as it was still under warranty. They insisted that we had to send in the power supply first to check that this was not the problem. We had a long debate - in the end my husband decided to go along with this. They were supposed to send another one back so we could check it out - determine that was not the problem and then send the damn box in to be fixed. That was in August. 6 Months later - no word on where this power supply is. The piece of junk is gathering dust on a shelf and I said Fuck it and bought a PS3.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonique View Post
Xbox 360 - what a pile of junk. I am still pissed about it. I got my Xbox 360 for Christmas 08. I loved it - played nearly everyday, for a whole 7 months. It had started freezing on certain games around four months in. I figured it was just the games. It was vertical - on a top shelf with nothing near it. Then it started to give me some grinding noises and would freeze. Finally as soon as you turned it on I got 3 red lights and the hard disc would start spinning out of control. I did some research to see if it was a quick fix. Here is what I discovered: the Xbox 360 is a poorly made pile of shit. When they built them they used an inferior grade of solder. It apparently weakens through repeated heatings which is why the problem gradually worsens. The solder develops cracks and eventually breaks. The most common place for this to happen is where the cooling fins are attached to the back of the chips. This causes the 3 red lights because the chips can no longer cool and it overheats immediately. I was informed I could take it apart and re-solder the cooling fins (which would negate any warranty) or call Microsoft. We called Microsoft as it was still under warranty. They insisted that we had to send in the power supply first to check that this was not the problem. We had a long debate - in the end my husband decided to go along with this. They were supposed to send another one back so we could check it out - determine that was not the problem and then send the damn box in to be fixed. That was in August. 6 Months later - no word on where this power supply is. The piece of junk is gathering dust on a shelf and I said Fuck it and bought a PS3.
It's a cheap fix if you don't have a return plan... which luckily I do because I just fried another one.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I got my Xbox 360 for Christmas 08. I loved it - played nearly everyday, for a whole 7 months.
But...uh? hmmm
Old 02-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Evil Puppy

The only thing that makes me angry is I KNOW that Best Buy now tries the system out until they can get it to red ring (which doesn't matter if they can or not according to the replacement policy) so I flipped on the system the other day and played it for an hour and a half and still no damn red ring. I wish the fucker would just die already...