Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Grrrr.....

Send a message via Yahoo to ENTITY2000
the thing
Old 09-27-2006, 08:16 PM
She's under the stairs

Thats a realy hard question, but it was probably Jaws
Old 09-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Evil Dead

hehehe - I love the fact we were all disturbed as kids warped by the very films that we would grow up to love and later discuss on horror.com!!

I do remember around a christmas time when I was around 7-8 being transfixed by a poster of Freddy in a department store. I begged and pleaded with my mum to get it for me for christmas with which she responded the usual mum response ' No...It will give you nightmares for weeks'. That very night...I had nightmares.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:08 AM
For Vendetta

Thinking back (and asked my Mom) my first one d be The Exorcist when I was 3. Not that I understood most parts, but the head turning scene had me shrieking into a cry. :eek:

Then Jaws when I was around 6 yrs old. I was afraid of the water for a long time after that, and had bad dreams that I was drowning in an ocean real fast. :confused:

Then came Alien when I was 8. That movie scared me so bad I didnt watch another horror movie for 5 whole years. :o

Then I gathered some courage to watch Evil Dead...bad idea! no horror movies for the next 2 yrs or so... :p

Since then I watched em regularly, and got over all my fears...became a horror addict! :D
Old 09-28-2006, 08:35 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Well, I think the first SPECIFIC memory that comes to mind, where I can actually NAME the movie because I know what it was (I found out the title a few years back) is THE LAND UNKNOWN, a great lost world/dinosaurs chasing people type movie. This would have been around 1970. I'm watching TV, probably four years old. There's some people flying a helicopter through a thick fog. They can't see where they're going...

And suddenly a PTERODACTYL flies out of nowhere, screeching as they do, and bumps into the helicopter, then flies away. Total accident; there just happens to be a pterosaur flying nearby.

WTF!!!!! I remember reacting to this sudden shocking image.

I had a memory of seeing this scene for years but didn't know what movie it was. Then a long time later I rented the movie and saw the scene.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 09-28-2006, 10:17 AM
new owner of hell

the original amityville horror, i was 4, and the thing that most stuck out was the scene with the kid in the window.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
As ive said several times before: Alien. Walked in on all the good gory parts when i was 5.

After that, Horror movie trailers scared the hell outta me. The creepshow trailer gave me nightmares.

When i was 8 i saw the comic book based on the movie, which was even worse. i can remember vividly staying up at night, afraid to move after reading "the Crate"

the twilight zone movie screwqed me up pretty good too. terror at 30,000 feet was the worst, followed by the one with th ekid who got whatever he wanted. His mouthless sister terrified me.
isn't creepshow that old b+w film where in in trailer they're under a cart thingy with i thing a gun?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Evil Dead

Creepshow is the Stephen King & George Romero collaberation, it's in colour. It's a short horror anthology, which is pretty damn good in an odd sense. Mimics the comic book feel of E.C.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Living Dead

I don'tknow that was sooo long ago but i think it was Phantasm at the drive-in.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up first horror movie

I was a kid maybe 8 or 9, it was a tv movie (this was probably 1971?? or so) it was called something like the "The Screaming Woman" about a woman buried alive. The last scene was at night and someone was over the site were she was buried, and her hand comes up out of the ground and grabs the person standing on the grave. TOTALLY freaked me out, I wouldn't go to bed, was terrified someone was under my bed and would reach from underneath and grab my throat, I went to bed for years lying on my back in the middle of the bed with my hands wrapped around my neck in case someone tried to grab me!!!

My first "adult" horror movie??? LOL, PHANTASM at the Drive-In, many many years ago. I was 15.

- evildemontoo