Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by fluffho
rather than putting the blame on movies, media etc people need to take personal responsibility. in the most parts yes parents need to do a better job

the thing is though where does this begin and end? take twins girls, raise them the exact same way, the same food, hair styles clothes.. they will turn out differently. in the end its the person doing the action who needs to take responsibilty.

look at richard ramirez. did his other brothers and sisters end up mutilating people? did they get off on raping women and having them yell i love you satan? nope... just richard.

I understand what your saying, Fluff...My point was that the parents are responsible until the child reaches the age of 18, at which time, every person is responsible for his or her own actions...Perhaps the child is inherently evil, so you may say, "Well the parents couldn't help that"...Actually, the way I see it is....If you have a bad child, whether you caused it or not, you as a parent are responsible for recognizing that, monitoring, and...if necessary, restraining said child...

It still comes back to the parents...Until the child is no longer a child:)

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 02-08-2004 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to fluffho Send a message via Yahoo to fluffho
Quote:
Originally posted by bloodrayne
I understand what your saying, Fluff...My point was that the parents are responsible until the child reaches the age of 18, at which time, every person is responsible for his or her own actions...Perhaps the child is inherently evil, so you may say, "Well the parents couldn't help that"...Actually, the way I see is....If you have a bad child, whether you caused it or not, you as a parent are responsible for recognizing that, monitoring, and...if necessary, restraining said child...

It still comes back to the parents...Until the child is no longer a child:)
gotcha.

Bush throws aroudn the word evil every time he talks about saddam, n korea, now personally i dont know enough about those to judge. although i am not quick to use the word evil, or hate. it makes you wonder though. i mean what if you found your child mutilating your pet dog, at like the age of 7? what would you do? ... ground them? send them to a psychologist?

peter kurten couldnt get off like most young boys do. the first time he finally did though, was after he broke the neck of a swan

diazen hossencoft, was not only a con man, but amurderer at that. the sad thing was, up until his sophomore year he was a football player, popular guy, good grades... then he got knocked out during practice and was in a coma for a couple weeks. after that, he was a changed person, and ended up being one hell of a con and killing his wife. i watched his testimony, holy shit it was one of the scariest things i've ever seen. i mean, after that though, what do you do? send them to a shrink? its a tough call

before, i never used to believe that a person could be inherently evil.. but now im not so sure

i know you are a parent and the majority of parents and will be parents will not have to deal with a child killing their pets then moving onto people. but it's a hard call for the parent that DOES have to face that, i mean, theres not to many people who you coudl talk to about that..write into 'parenting' magazine perhaps and ask their 'experts'?

i guess all there is that a parent or ANYONE can do is to be aware, be supportive, and not to kick themselves if things still dont end up right. just do what you can i guess, some things just cant be helped. plus, its one thing to send someone to a psychologist, but for it to be successful the person HAS to want to go, and i doubt ramirez would be up tot hat...

well actually yeh he'd love to do that, so he could kill them!

edit: damnit why do i always type so mUCH. how sick is this... when writing term papers i would always go OVER the limit of pages and end up turning the font all small just so that it would fit
Old 02-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Evisceration
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
I think movies and video games should have a "stupid" warning. Like how some games in the arcade have a warning saying that they have flashing lights and people with epilepsy shouldn't play them, so that they won't get sued. Same thing with the stupidity warning. "Stupid people should not watch this movie or play this game".
They do have ratings.

Movies: G-NC17

Games: E-NC17
Old 02-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Decapitated

Send a message via Yahoo to coldwhisper
Quote:
Originally posted by fluffho

before, i never used to believe that a person could be inherently evil.. but now im not so sure
I believe in the opposte. To me, man is inherently good. However this changes when we are exposed to the world. I do not blame the society for the possible "bad" influences it has in us. i think WE are the ones who picks who or what we "take in" (so to speak) to influence our being.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to fluffho Send a message via Yahoo to fluffho
Quote:
Originally posted by coldwhisper
I believe in the opposte. To me, man is inherently good. However this changes when we are exposed to the world. I do not blame the society for the possible "bad" influences it has in us. i think WE are the ones who picks who or what we "take in" (so to speak) to influence our being.
yeh i pretty much do believe that man is inherently good.. but after i wathed the thing on diazen hossencoft, it really made me wonder! i mean, he was a good guy up until gettin hit in the head. he went on trial for his wife's murder, and he was sooo scary... and hes just a lil japanese man, usualy they are just funny lookin but he was SCARRY!!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Hellraiser

I like violence and if I didn't have a conscience I would become involved in it in real life. As it is I must settle for horror movies which glorify it. Oh well.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:31 AM
Banned

I wonder what kind of music Hitler and Stalin were listening to when they while they were watching their early screener of Dawn of the Dead and freebasing crack......