Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Evil Dead

From the original thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13
Thats how I feel but there isn't a single shred of proof to say otherwise until then I remain sceptical. Thats not to say I know 100% that there is no Alien life but so far but lack of evidence seems to prove otherwise. That is how I feel about snuff films..
As for aliens, how big is the universe and how long have we been looking? it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, pulling out a few stalks of hay and saying that the needle can't be in the stack because we looked. I feel that snuff might be in the same category. It would be a very, very small community. How many man-hours are actually devoted to finding snuff? Probably not many in comparison to those put towards more common crimes. A lack of evidence does not necessarily denote non-existence. It may just be an indication that more time is needed to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13
And theres always that $1,000,000 dollar reward if you can show proof to Mr Goldstein. Do you really think any criminal enterprise would be so air tight..

I just think that in a community that would be devoted to killing people for profit and entertainment, ratting them out would obviously have very dire consequences. You're dealing with people who have absolutely no regard for human life or any laws. I also would think that $1,000,000 wouldn't be that huge of a sum in comparison to what a snuff ring might possibly pull in since you're talking about a very niche market with very big consequences if caught so the seller could almost name their price.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Bloodwriter

We have this http://wtfpalace.com/wp-content/uplo...0/08/GpLTG.jpg so I would not be suprised if someone are filming snuff.

http://www.facebook.com/thevesselofterror
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Banned

Friday the 13th parts 2,3,4,5 nightmare on elm street parts 1,2,3,4,5. Halloween 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
Were all snuff films. Don;t believe me. Well ask yourself this. How many of those people killed in those movies have been seen again.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Could be possible. There's a lot of sick fucks out there who are very rich and powerful. I guess we'll have to wait till some poor widower discovers dubious 8mm film in her deceased husband's vault ;)
That would actually be an excellent premise with which to make a movie:).

In all seriousness, how could there be not one single reported case of a snuff movie globally, even if they are being produced sporadically and under extreme secrecy? For it to be snuff, it has to be made for the sole purpose of being a business venture. Therefore, as a business, normal market forces apply and will result in it having a 'circulation'. So, by it's very nature, a snuff movie would've eventually surfaced.

I'm not saying one doesn't exist that will ultimately surface or equally, that the first one to surface has yet to be made. We just don't know. Based on evidence, snuff is a myth and, based on logic, it's only a matter of time, if it isn't here already.

In short, I'll believe it when I see it.

Probably the most productive thing to do is for the thread starters to start a 'spin off poll thread'. Does it exist, yes or no?
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Heaven for the climate

I watched a documentary called "Snuff", it was pretty good.

Why wouldn't they be real? There are a lot of sickos who would film that sort of thing for themselves and get off on it, same reason some killers take pictures.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caenxavier View Post
Why wouldn't they be real?
I would say because there isn't a single scrap of evidence to say otherwise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caenxavier View Post
There are a lot of sickos who would film that sort of thing for themselves and get off on it, same reason some killers take pictures.
Killers take pictures/make audio recording or take objects from the victims to help recall the act of and thrill of killing for them.

They don't do it to distribute it for financial gain...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Evil Dead

The risks of making the movie far out-weigh the gains. You go to all that effort, risking incarceration just to provide footage of an actual murder. The sort of people who would want to buy your movie can access a mountain of similar material for free online.

It doesn't really work as a business, especially with file sharing. You'd only sell a few copies before it'd flood the net. And to fork out the sort of money it'd be, to buy the first copy, well, you could probably buy Madeleine McCann for less.

I think the question isn't, 'does snuff exist?' but, 'why would you bother?'
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 03-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Cranky

Just for the sake of argument, someone who paid a million dollars for a snuff film is not likely to post it on youtube, or put it up for share on soulseek or something similar.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Whip In My Valise

It is bizarre what people will advertise and even more bizarre when someone answers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Just for the sake of argument, someone who paid a million dollars for a snuff film is not likely to post it on youtube, or put it up for share on soulseek or something similar.
No, but the person who made it would, like any other production company, try to sell as many copies as possible. Eventually it would leak. And if that movie didn't, and the makers made a fortune, they'd make another and it would leak.

The only way a 'movie' could remain secret was if there was only one copy, which the owner kept completely to himself. But then, by definition, it wouldn't be snuff, it'd just be the ultimate 'happy slapping' movie.

If snuff is defined as being 'for remuneration' purposes, then I think if it exists, it has to leak out. Also, does there have to be a narrative for it to be snuff? Minor point but interesting.
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep