Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2005, 04:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok

I watched it again yesterday. Here is how thios goes down. Cooper locks himself in the bathroom. he very clearly slmas the door shut then bolts 2 latches. at the same time, sarge is in the water closet next door, holding the door shut with both legs, with a light stick in his mouth, a lightwer, and a can of hairspray.

cooper breaks the sink, takes the faucet, and hacks through the plaster in the wall to get to sgt wells. once he has the hole big enough, a werewolf breaks the door and sticks it's head in, whereupon cooper sticks it in the head with the faucet.

He then crawls under sarges legs (who is still on the toilet holding the door with his feet) and begins hacking at THAT wall with a knife.

Sounds like you got the scene a little mixed up. It isnt nearly as silly as you thought :)
gimme a break you wiener :)
these things rip cars apart .. they cant knock down a bolted bathroom door ? i could do that ! :)
Old 03-04-2005, 04:55 AM
Fear scented candle

During the commentary there were quite a few comments that one producer would make about plausibility and the other would say "yeah, yeah, its a fantasy movie..." :)

And they used the jaws of life to tear up the car. it was in the background in 3 shots. I bet you missed thew werewolves when they were wearing hard hats, too, no doubt :)
Old 03-04-2005, 05:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
During the commentary there were quite a few comments that one producer would make about plausibility and the other would say "yeah, yeah, its a fantasy movie..." :)

And they used the jaws of life to tear up the car. it was in the background in 3 shots. I bet you missed thew werewolves when they were wearing hard hats, too, no doubt :)

like i said .. it happens all the time .. little things that dont make sense (even in the context of the film) but are used to serve the action/moment along.

I guess it stood out for me because for the most part the rest of the film avoided moments like that whereas most american horror films in the last 20 years are rife with them.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:32 AM
Fear scented candle

The part that always bugged me was Megan. The character. I could never figure out why she would help them, then suddenly turn on them at the end. the twist never sat right with me.

The producers explained the backstory better than the movie did. Apparently Ryan SENT her to scope the area out, and she got infected. She wanted to leave, but at the last moment, realized that she wouldnt, and turned on them (basically gave in to being a werewolf, grudgingly accepting fate)

For once, the commentary actually improved a movie for me, as opposed to just giving me cool insights (it did that in spades though)

Neat shit i leanred from the commentary:

The actor who played Joe played a Nazi in band of brothers because he speaks fluent german. He was complemented personally on the quality of his performance, and was mortified to find out the guy who praised him was Steven Speilberg, and he hadnt realized he was talking to him.

Cooper was originally cast to be played by Jason Statham (Snatch, The Transporter), but he chose to be in Ghosts of Mars instead.:rolleyes:

Ryan was originally going to be Bruce Payne. Thank GOD they didnt go with him....

The rifle that Spoon picks up, and is eventually used by Terry jammed constantly in real life, which is why teryy would fire a shot, then have to unjam it, and shoot again :)
Old 03-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Evil Dead

I finally found it! I bought it for $10 at Family Video. I plan on watching it tonight.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:02 AM
Fear scented candle

Get a cold beverage and some snacks. you will need them as you will probably be rooted in place through the whole thing.

Enjoy it :)
Old 03-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Evil Dead

I bought this last night and watched it. What an excellent movie! I can't believe that I waited so long to see this. Definately one to watch over and over. I see that they are in the process of making a Dog Soldiers 2 due out this year (IMDB). It is already on my list.:D
Old 03-09-2005, 04:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Tat2
I bought this last night and watched it. What an excellent movie! I can't believe that I waited so long to see this. Definately one to watch over and over. I see that they are in the process of making a Dog Soldiers 2 due out this year (IMDB). It is already on my list.:D
How long do you wait before watching a film again? I usually watch the flick, and watch the director's commentary versioin right after. I then wait some time, like 2-3 months before watching it again if I liked it.

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 03-09-2005, 04:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by movieman64
How long do you wait before watching a film again? I usually watch the flick, and watch the director's commentary versioin right after. I then wait some time, like 2-3 months before watching it again if I liked it.
I don't even wait that long! I got Day After Tomorrow for Christmas and I've already watched it about 10 times! Same with Van Helsing.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by movieman64
pretty much the same with me ..

which is insane because i have about 3000 movies i havent watched yet ..

some i just know arent going to be any good so i end up watching something i'll already know i'm in the mood for - again