Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by aramcheck
slasher movies usually bore me, they're usually the same stuff with pursuings lasting too long.
anyway, my favorite is Carpenter's "Halloween".
and the "Scream" trilogy was a great take on the genre, pure rollercoaster fun

ps: i don't think "texas chainsaw massacre" is a slasher, it's pure horror
Scream? A "great take"? It's a spoof. :) I dunno about the sequels, but part 1....look at all the goofy scenes like the Freddy-dress-alike janitor aptly named "Fred". ;) And when Sidney wondered if Cotton was innocent and Tatum was like "Don't go there, you're making it sound like a Wes Carpenter flick or something". lol What cheese. :D I didn't mind "Scream" so much in the beginning and middle, but when Stuart and the video guy started talking about the murders versus motive and sub plots, it started going down hill from there. Not a shitty movie, but if it were taken more towards a creepier atmosphere and away from the comedy, it could've been a seriously frightening film.

Last edited by gorefreak; 11-02-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:03 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
Any Alfred Hitchcock movie
oh!! that had slasher bitd in it..
Old 11-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by gorefreak
The only thing I don't care for in that movie is all the "camcorder" looking clips throughout the film.
I consider it unique film making. House of 1K Corpses is a hell of a movie...I don't listen to Rob's music but I sure respect him as a film maker.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
Any Alfred Hitchcock movie
oh!! that had slasher bitd in it..
Huh?

Only Hitchcock slasher is Psycho.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:17 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
oh true..
em trying to rack my brain...
didnt mia farrow star in a slasher movie for him??
Old 11-02-2005, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
oh true..
em trying to rack my brain...
didnt mia farrow star in a slasher movie for him??
...dont think so
Old 11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
the only horror movies Farrow's been in are Blind Terror and Rosemary's Baby

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 11-02-2005, 11:18 PM
aramcheck

Quote:
Originally posted by gorefreak
Scream? A "great take"? It's a spoof. :) I dunno about the sequels, but part 1....look at all the goofy scenes like the Freddy-dress-alike janitor aptly named "Fred". ;) And when Sidney wondered if Cotton was innocent and Tatum was like "Don't go there, you're making it sound like a Wes Carpenter flick or something". lol What cheese. :D I didn't mind "Scream" so much in the beginning and middle, but when Stuart and the video guy started talking about the murders versus motive and sub plots, it started going down hill from there. Not a shitty movie, but if it were taken more towards a creepier atmosphere and away from the comedy, it could've been a seriously frightening film.
As I said, I don't really like the slasher genre, so maybe that's why I enjoy "Scream" so much. it's quite a parody of these movies, but still works as a slasher. And it's pure fresh air; maybe it could have been more frightening if they made it more seriously (anyway, it has its scary moments, like the well-known prologue), but we have more than enough "serious" slasher movies... why keep on doing the same boring material, if you can renew it?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:07 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I consider it unique film making. House of 1K Corpses is a hell of a movie...I don't listen to Rob's music but I sure respect him as a film maker.
You said it, as do I. I like the fact that he wants to bring the true art of making truly scary films. What I was wondering if those "cam clips" were "thrown in" due to all the rumors of Zombie's movie being too gory to be shown in theaters. If that is true, I'd love to get my hands on the uncut version.
Quote:
Originally posted by aramcheck
As I said, I don't really like the slasher genre, so maybe that's why I enjoy "Scream" so much. it's quite a parody of these movies, but still works as a slasher. And it's pure fresh air; maybe it could have been more frightening if they made it more seriously (anyway, it has its scary moments, like the well-known prologue), but we have more than enough "serious" slasher movies... why keep on doing the same boring material, if you can renew it?
I dunno.... "Scream" just had a little too much cheese in it. I suppose it would depend on who's directing the film. Nothing wrong with a little dark humor, but shouldn't get carried away with it. Any shmoe can get behind the camera and tell "the killer" to slash away, but it takes a good director to bring dismal scares from the screen into the minds of the audience. :)
Old 11-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Scares Little Kids

NOES Part 1, the only truely scary NOES.