Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Evil Puppy

I think the only problem anybody could have with GTA IV is how much they've toned down the violence. This place posted three videos that really show how far Rockstar has gone to be a little "nicer".

http://www.kanyelive.com/talk/techno...sg0/?topicseen
Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
for the most part, its just as bad, if not worse in some ways. its definetly pretty damn violent. there are no decapitations like in the previous games, however its still pretty damn violent. niko blasted some dude right in the eye in one cutscene. arterial spray and everything. it was pretty awesome.
they definetly toned up the cursing, as well as the sexual content.
sex with prositutes is really graphic. you can choose between services, and actually watch the action through the car window. :D

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
for the most part, its just as bad, if not worse in some ways. its definetly pretty damn violent. there are no decapitations like in the previous games, however its still pretty damn violent. niko blasted some dude right in the eye in one cutscene. arterial spray and everything. it was pretty awesome.
they definetly toned up the cursing, as well as the sexual content.
sex with prositutes is really graphic. you can choose between services, and actually watch the action through the car window. :D
Haha, I know, didn't you see the videos? Conan is sooooooo funny.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:23 AM
Evil Dead

video wont work with this stupid firewall.
can you find it on youtube?

Old 05-14-2008, 09:58 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
way more violent than the other games...

conan is hilarious, good clips. :D

Old 05-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Synthetic Flesh

So does anyone know if the issues that the PS3 had with this game (i.e., causing the Blu Ray drive to stop working, etc.) have been fixed? I believe there was a recent patch for the game - wondering if this was to rectify these issues.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah, the first patch recently released has stabilised the online play a bit...SEEMS to have lessened the freezing/brd fuck ups...still, not getting the best feedback overall.
More patches to come, of this I'm certain.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:40 AM
Evil Dead

those PS3's have all types of problems.
im a 360 advocate.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Evil Dead

If just one thread about consoles could avoid fan-boyism :rolleyes:
I mean c'mon, without one, how could you have any perspective?
Are you aware specifically of failure rates and comparative figures thereof, vs sales figures/units sold?
PLEASE don't tell me you're going exclusively on "I heards" and "read on website/forum" information there - of COURSE there's more negative opinions out there, the "public outcry" is never really representative of
a: people that actually OWN a console
b: The REAL case
c: A "large" amount of ANY cases.
...all websites do, really, is get a few negative opinions out there about a product, to a wide audience.

I'm not here defending the system, or, I guess I am to a point.
Like all of them, it's not without problems. They say a 3% failure rate, I'm more inclined to lean towards 5% there...but still, it's a pretty low figure.
"All types of problems" seems a bit of a big statement to make about a console that only really ever encounters one of two problems...
Old 05-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
If just one thread about consoles could avoid fan-boyism :rolleyes:
I mean c'mon, without one, how could you have any perspective?
Are you aware specifically of failure rates and comparative figures thereof, vs sales figures/units sold?
PLEASE don't tell me you're going exclusively on "I heards" and "read on website/forum" information there - of COURSE there's more negative opinions out there, the "public outcry" is never really representative of
a: people that actually OWN a console
b: The REAL case
c: A "large" amount of ANY cases.
...all websites do, really, is get a few negative opinions out there about a product, to a wide audience.

I'm not here defending the system, or, I guess I am to a point.
Like all of them, it's not without problems. They say a 3% failure rate, I'm more inclined to lean towards 5% there...but still, it's a pretty low figure.
"All types of problems" seems a bit of a big statement to make about a console that only really ever encounters one of two problems...

I find it interesting that anybody bitches about problems with a new game, or problems with a new system (especially the first production models, or even glitches in networks. I guess it's because I've always adopted new tech. early and dealt with the problems I suppose. I remember when it was all about the games... even if your system had to have a laser eye or disc drive replaced, or even opened up and resoldered so that damn red light would stop blinking, it had no bearing on the games for that console.

GTA4 rocks pretty damn hard on either console.