Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

last fight i got in was in high school.

it was with someone who was my best friend before that. he was a guy with horrible acne .. it caused him to be understandably self concious and have low self esteem so he chose to put me down in front of people to make himself feel better. (i've always preferred the humor of putting myself down rather than others for comedy)

anyway - it was escalating to the point where i didnt want to be around him anymore - unfortunately we were on the same ball team and shared some mutual friends.

one day after batting practice one of our friends was coming to meet him and said hi to me in passing .. asked how the pracice went - and i said - "really well - i hit great - that should shut Terry up for a while"

so i'm walking away and get pretty far when i hear Terry yelling across the field : "shut me up ? - come here and see if you can shut me up" or some such nonsense...

I've always been a pacifist .. would avoid fights no matter what - but every now and then i had a breaking point. When Terry and i hung around he fancied himself to be a tough guy - if we wrestled or play fought (as guys did back then) i couldnt take it seriously and would just laugh - obviously giving Terry the impression he was tougher than me. I was 6'2" but very thin at the time.

anyway - i get over to Terry and he's mouthing off at me so - still a bit confused at this whole reaction i start making a joke of it - taking my jacket off and handing it to my friend - acting like a fancy boy wrestler ...
he kept mouthing off so after a bit i finally said "so what are you going to do Terry - hit me ?" (while tapping my fingers under his chin... so he did, a light glancing shot of my right cheek.

without any thought - just pure reaction i hit back - 3 times - a right, a left, and a right.

Terry reeled back .. his nose and both lips were bleeding.... he looked scared and was calling me an animal ! i still laugh about that today ... yeah i'm an animal because i have better reflexes, instinct, and hand eye coordination than he does.

so i sent the quarterback of the high school football team to school the next day with a bashed in face :D

the punchline to this whole thing is : when my father passed away last november - my wife gets an email - forwarded through my mother (who i dont speak to - she doesnt have my email address) from Terry to me ...

he's a missionary overseas somewhere (when not the pastor of his church .. just a few miles from where i live !) telling me how sorry he is .. and that he still remembers the day he was stupid enough to take me on in a fight..

i graciously accepted his note by deleting it and not replying.

this is like 30 years later - but i'd fucking love to do it again.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Evil Dead

I took on 3 bullys once during high school! I managed to beat one of em up quite nicely before they ganged up on me!!:(
Old 05-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Banned

Not since I was a kid.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Not since I was a kid.

as it should be ...
Old 05-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Some sort of shouty cat

Send a message via MSN to Abominus
Never?

I was the genius who got into the middle of fights and stopped them, only to realize later that I could have gotten my ass kicked in the process. I'm in my late 20's and have yet to have a fight.

(Unless of course you count my cousin biting the hell out of me every couple of days when we were like 6)
Old 05-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

I never really got picked on physically (though mentally was another story) when I was kid since I was taller than everyone else. I grew early and was the tallest in my class (boys included) until high school. I'm 5'11" now, so I think people tend not to try to start something with tall people.

The closest I ever came to a fight was when I was dating an alcoholic. He was drunk at a bar and I was trying to get him to leave and he took a swing at me with an empty glass in his hand. I was relatively sober, with apparently quick reflexes and I caught the glass before it hit my face, then tore it out of his hand and pushed him. Needless to say we are no longer together. :cool:

I've never looked for a fight, but if I came down to it, I'm not going to let someone push me around or hurt me. Sometimes you can't avoid a fight.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logjam View Post
This thread promotes violence.
I think even the people who have been in a lot of fights would agree that they're immature, unnecessary, and a poor substitute for communication.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:24 PM
whatever gets you through

when i was in high school i got in a lot of fights. i have a bad habit of not putting up with bullies or shit like that. my favorite was in english lit class when this 'bad boy' behind me started poking me with a pencil and talking shit - i suddenly got up and pulled him out of his chair and slammed him onto the floor (of course then his buddy punched me in the head and it got messy until the asst. principal came in and pulled us apart - i'd say i got the worst of it - split lip and black eye - but the look on the dude's face when i pulled him out of his desk was priceless).

i'm much more calm now - but as with others my last 'fight' was in a parking lot with a drunk. oddly i was sober. a coworker and i had been working really late and gone to grab a really early (2am) breakfast at a waffle house when this drunk guy with his friends was coming in while we were leaving and for some reason decided we had 'disrespected' him. so he talks shit and we keep walking and then he runs up and grabs my coat. well, i've taken about six years of aikido and without too much thought or effort (drunks are easy prey) i wrist locked him to the ground and left him spewing and spitting up on the gravel parking lot as we calmly got into the car and drove away. the hilarious part is that i'm no great 'martial artist' - i like aikido more for the philosophy and discipline than for 'self-defense' but my coworker ran around telling this increasingly elaborate story of me fighting off angry drunks in the parking lot. i think i got a whole new level of respect after that (of course, knocking a drunk over is really not that complicated)
Old 05-04-2009, 07:01 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
The most I've ever done to hurt anyone was I spit on this girl, then slapped her hard across the face. She had been taunting me for a long time on the bus then I finally just blew up. I've never punched anyone I don't think.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Leprucky Cougar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacelikewhoa View Post
The most I've ever done to hurt anyone was I spit on this girl, then slapped her hard across the face. She had been taunting me for a long time on the bus then I finally just blew up. I've never punched anyone I don't think.
Wow, spitting is pretty bold....and nasty.

Some of my friends have told me after they win a fight and beat some one up, stomp and then spit on them as a "final touch". I think though that's like one of the upmost forms of disrespect. You have to be pretty irate with someone to do that I think. I understand a clean fight--but there's a thin line between respectfully winning and humiliating someone.

And Despare, yes I see your point and agree.

Don't run away from me;
I'm Sorry if I was a little too brash.
Now hand over me Shilling;
Or I'll kill your Ass ! :D