Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
Sounds good so far, everyone. Though I think I may have to tone Dante's character down a bit. I'll do one for myself.

Civilian Name*: Wayne Lucas
Hero Alias*: Blur
Status (Good, Bad, Civilian)*: Good
Abilities*: Reflexes, Speed, Strength (Not superhuman strength, just "lifts a lot of weights" strength)
Personality: The smartass hero with a quick wit. 18 years old. He seems to be completely happy when in public. But when he's in civilian mode he seems very sad and is nearly a shut-in. He feels lonely and life seems to move much slower for him. He lives in a small apartment by himself.
Costume: Street Clothes. He doesn't care if people see him, though that rarely occurs. He still keeps his name secret.
I toned my powers down a bit, does it look alright now, or do I need to tone them down further?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

Civilian Name: Una Night
Hero Alias: Noir
Abilities: Limited Necromancing (can only raise the dead for a hour or so), can also raise hostile and aggressive emotions in others towards specific people with visual contact. Skilled in fighting with, and throwing knives.
Personality: Ruthless, Elitist, Selfish, though not afraid to be a team player provided she wins out in the end. Intelligent with a dry wit. Can sometimes be rather vain and petty. Not afraid to use her attractiveness and seduction to get what she wants. Has a love of power and gemstones. Spends her days as a librarian studying gemology and the occult.
Costume: As Noir, Black and Purple dread wig, black lipstick, black leather jumpsuit, black boots, and knife belts. As Una, natural blonde hair and tweed suits.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I'm gonna try and make this guy kinda like a version of me...but a hell of a lot better. Oh, and older. But not much.

Name: Gabriel Fret.
Hero Alias: Eidolon. (Reason behind found here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidolon_(astral_double) )
Abilities: Shift into a spectral state. When in this state he is not able to effect anything, but is bound by them. By this, I mean he could jump into a wall and though he would not cause it to shake of disturb any dust, he could not go through it, same with punching people. Due to this, things cannot effect him. He could be punched in this state, but would not be damaged in any way (though would be moved by the impact). He can also bend gravity to his will in this spectral state, thus making flight possible.
But there are downsides. His entire body must be in one state or another. No moving his arm out of it so he can punch but not be shot etc. Also, he cannot effect air. Though he does not need to breathe, he can't speak, as the air does not vibrate. Nor can he hear. The one thing that does effect him is light. He casts a translucent shadow and can see. And if it's okay with him, Doc/ volpone has engineered clothes and blades to be compatible with Eidolon's DNA, and thus, they can travel into the state with him (though are too bound by the same restrictions he is.)
Personality: Not very charismatic and enjoys the use of longer words. Slightly sarcastic and very willing to make alliances and work as a team. He's more the guy who spies on the enemy and works well in short attacks and backup than the main man. Doesn't have a job. Lives off of odds and ends he can take and some money a relative left behind.
Costume: Grey sweatshirt with a thin layer of protection underneath. A white diamond with a grey swirl roughly sprayed on. Black trousers that are easy to move in and quite tough. All Star Converse shoes. Long hair obscures face. Wears Glasses when not fighting. Probably a belt with the weapons. Maybe one stored up the sleeve as well.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
And if it's okay with him, Doc/ volpone has engineered clothes and blades to be compatible with Eidolon's DNA, and thus, they can travel into the state with him (though are too bound by the same restrictions he is.)
Seems like something he'd do in exchange for occasional feeding of info or whatnot. Makes sense.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
GOOD
Blur aka Wayne Lucas
Volpone aka Eric Westward
Eidolon aka Gabriel Fret
The Dier aka Rikki Lee

BAD
Momus*
Red Dynamo aka James Macky
Noir aka Una Night
Zombie Man aka Jason Romero
Baren

CIVILIAN
Haystack aka Charles Robert Redcock
David Artaud*

???
Dante Dyson aka The Shadow

BADASSES THAT DESERVE THEIR OWN CATEGORY
Renegade aka Vallen Abraxas

Keep 'em comin'. More Heroes and Females, perhaps?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
Name: Ron Kokkivoc

Hero Alias: Gore The Red

Abilities: Gore has super human strength and the ability to charm anyone he comes across. Think of it as a possession when he possess the person by casting a sort of spell on them to make them do what he wants them to do.

Personality: Ron is a loner who is nice for the most part but when he needs to be he goes into his assholish cocky mode. He is a sweetheart to the ladies, a great friend to the guys but to people he doesn't really know he comes off as sort of a asshole/loner type. As Gore the Red he is a sarcastic, witty, funny, dark humored guy with cocky type of remarks and stuff.

Costume: Black hoodie and black pants with blood red lines down the pant legs.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I know everyone wants to be bad guys cause it's fun but come on, let's have some good guys! The story needs them.

Now, I feel like giving an origin story.

Gabriel Fret was a pretty lame guy. He was english. He had a job cleaning the floor of KFC, but rarely actually did it. Didn't have many friends and his house was a two room place. Bedroom/ lounge/ kitchen/ dining room and a bathroom. His cousin had a spare ticket to go to Greece and so Gabriel got invited. While they were there they won a competition where the prize was a terror bungie jump. A dive into a deep cavern. On his jump, whilst in the cavern, the cord snapped and he fell 60 feet down to the bottom.

He was recovered an hour later and had sever head injuries. Somehow, against all odds, he survived. Everything seemed fine and he left the hospital with nothing but a scabbed wound on the top of his head. He went home and everything seemed to be going well, just as usual. Then one night, whilst watching television, the wound began rapidly spreading. Gabriel ran for the phone but it had reached his hand, a scabby mess. As he tried to run to the door his legs stopped, too covered in black scabs. Then, they started cracking. After hours of agonizing pain without being able to scream, the scabs broke off, and Gabriel found himself in the spectral state. In fact, he could switch between it and normality with ease, like breathing.

He used it for pretty usual stuff. Being a peeping tom mainly. One day, however, one of the women started getting attacked. He ran managed to jump through a window into her house but couldn't help. Filled with fear, watching the woman get beaten for money, Gabriel just couldn't leave the spectral state and was unable to help. The woman survived...just. And so, Gabriel traveled to Greece and trained with a man who called himself Hermed. Someone who seemed to know all about him, who taught him to control his fear.

Long story short, he succeeded and controls his fear to the best of his ability, using his powers both for selfish and perverted needs and to save those who need it. And from what I can gather, he seems to be on good terms with Volpone.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
I know everyone wants to be bad guys cause it's fun but come on, let's have some good guys! The story needs them.

Now, I feel like giving an origin story.

Gabriel Fret was a pretty lame guy. He was english. He had a job cleaning the floor of KFC, but rarely actually did it. Didn't have many friends and his house was a two room place. Bedroom/ lounge/ kitchen/ dining room and a bathroom. His cousin had a spare ticket to go to Greece and so Gabriel got invited. While they were there they won a competition where the prize was a terror bungie jump. A dive into a deep cavern. On his jump, whilst in the cavern, the cord snapped and he fell 60 feet down to the bottom.

He was recovered an hour later and had sever head injuries. Somehow, against all odds, he survived. Everything seemed fine and he left the hospital with nothing but a scabbed wound on the top of his head. He went home and everything seemed to be going well, just as usual. Then one night, whilst watching television, the wound began rapidly spreading. Gabriel ran for the phone but it had reached his hand, a scabby mess. As he tried to run to the door his legs stopped, too covered in black scabs. Then, they started cracking. After hours of agonizing pain without being able to scream, the scabs broke off, and Gabriel found himself in the spectral state. In fact, he could switch between it and normality with ease, like breathing.

He used it for pretty usual stuff. Being a peeping tom mainly. One day, however, one of the women started getting attacked. He ran managed to jump through a window into her house but couldn't help. Filled with fear, watching the woman get beaten for money, Gabriel just couldn't leave the spectral state and was unable to help. The woman survived...just. And so, Gabriel traveled to Greece and trained with a man who called himself Hermed. Someone who seemed to know all about him, who taught him to control his fear.

Long story short, he succeeded and controls his fear to the best of his ability, using his powers both for selfish and perverted needs and to save those who need it. And from what I can gather, he seems to be on good terms with Volpone.
Very nice. I'll incorporate that and __V__'s story into the story best I can.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:58 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Should I provide a story and origin for my guy? I feel like I fell flat with what could be a great villian.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Should I provide a story and origin for my guy? I feel like I fell flat with what could be a great villian.
If you'd like to. It's not required but the contribution is welcome.

Last edited by massacre man; 03-19-2009 at 05:06 PM.