Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince .... excellent
Old 07-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Token Black Guy

Public Enemies made me want to buy a fedora and a trench coat.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Quagledoo

The Card Player
Do You Like Hitchcock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
I actually like both of those despite popular opinion. What do you think of 'em?
I'll agree with others when they say The Card Player is Argento's worst in years, but I won't with Do You Like Hitchcock? which I found to be a great thriller.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Tenant

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)

Incredible. This is an engaging film, one that is beautifully acted, extraordinarily paced and (dare I say it?) magically executed. It moves with an almost unbelievable vigor. I've enjoyed watching Radcliffe, Watson and Grint mature along the years and mold themselves into their characters- rather than lazily doing the opposite- and they seem to have finally found a complete comfort zone. Their parts are performed effortlessly, and though it is Rowling's poetic tongue which concieved them, they become full of life with the help of these talents. Once, audiences watched children full of innocence and naivety stumble through a world of obviously calculated magic, but now we watch people, real people, as they overcome issues that seem so urgent and present as the series develops. Of course, good acting produces nothing without an orchestrator, and director David Yates proves to be the magic hand the franchise has been searching for all this time. HIs direction is audacious and brave, but he is always careful not to be too showy or gimmicky. Instead, he paints delightful moving paintings which seem almost interactive and allows his characters- and his audience- a tremendous amount of space in which to explore, absorb, fear and love. A gorgeous step toward what may be the most anticipated series finale of all time, and a work of art and entertainment to be admired on its own.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
I actually like both of those despite popular opinion. What do you think of 'em?
the card player was ok, do you like hitchcock was a tv movie and it showed.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:43 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Not necessarily.

I watched the asian one years before the american and i liked the remake much more. Lot of the story is much different in the remake, so i believe it's possible to get something out of both.
In a way, yes...I ll agree with that. Both films stand on their own, and there's lots to like in either one.
But cynical fans of the original will always find something to complain, hence my statement about skipping it.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Not necessarily.

I watched the asian one years before the american and i liked the remake much more. Lot of the story is much different in the remake, so i believe it's possible to get something out of both.
I didn't like the remake. The story about the mental hospital before the shopping mall and that funny ghostly figure totally pissed me off. Quite typical and unnecessary adjustments for a remake. The original was better than the remake in terms of creepiness or scare factor and the overall story which was quite simple & effective in the original. Only good things in the remake are Keifer Sutherland playing the lead and that bathtub face rip off scene (simply beautiful:D).

Terminator Salvation (2009)

Pretty good. Expecting to see John Corner becomes a cyborg (like Marcus) too in coming sequels. :D

>>: B

Messengers 2: The Scarecrow (2009)

>>: D
Old 07-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Bad Natured

May. i loved this flick. The camera-work was composed beautifully and the story held firm. It kept me wondering what in the heck this movie was moving towards. Towards the end it was easy to figure out the ending, but that did not detract from the ending itself. Anna Faris was painfully fetching in this one to boot. Most pleased. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

>>: B

Messengers 2: The Scarecrow (2009)

>>: D
And I was going to watch that tonight. Is it that bad?

:(
Old 07-19-2009, 06:44 AM
For Vendetta

Exquisitely wonderful. A must watch for any open-minded sci-fi fan.
Thanks, Urge and HF, for the heads up.

Last edited by _____V_____; 07-19-2009 at 06:47 AM.