Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-02-2009, 04:30 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I'll hopefully be checking it out either tonight or sometime over the weekend...will post thoughts after.

No offence Alky, but I'm kinda hoping I can disagree with you on this one :p
Old 07-02-2009, 04:31 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Watch it and form your own opinions.
I do agree with this.

I truly thought the acting by Bale and by Cotillard was atrocious. Bale was really having a tough time nailing that accent, and you can clearly hear his native toung along with some kind of half-Boston accent shining through. Cotillard- well, she's a necessary element to the movie and to the ending, and when the last few frames rolled by I felt nothing. To me it was a big, long, empty movie.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:17 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I truly thought the acting by Bale and by Cotillard was atrocious.
Don't know who the other guy is, but IMO Bale is a shitty actor...he's most wooden in the things I've seen, which is maybe why he was perfectly suited to equilibrium...he's played interesting characters, given, but he's pretty much the same guy in every movie, you ask me...the blank, almost monotone guy.
They ought to have voice casted HIM for soundwave in TF2.
That said, I don't hate him...he was actually GOOD in American Psycho, I'd like to see a bit more of THAT guy.

I saw Transformers 2 last week.
The fight scenes were improved - not close enough to the screen to hit you in the face this time, and yes there was a bit more colour variation and better "coreography" (if that's what you'd say for complete cgi) in the fight scenes...my major problem with the first one is you couldn't much tell what the fuck was going on. One bit of a nitpick is *spoiler*
Why the fuck did Optimus who was "killed" by not much more'n a beatdown involving not a lot of head trauma, need this crazy-ass artifact to get bought back to life, but apparently megatron was good to go, even after getting the mother of all "this will fuck robots up" allspark asskicking handed to him in the first one (and sinking, sitting dormant for 2 years in the bottom of the ocean), with nothing more than "lets get some guys down there and throw on a completely different leg" and he's right as rain?
However, I wasn't watching it for anything resembling a plot.
The new transformers and decepticons kind of faded in and out of plot and existence (like the holograph chick bikes) and I thought that Devestator, assuming thats who it was meant to be, being there to suck down one transformer and tear down a pyramid was a little bit superfluous, but the beast looked alright.
The 'bots were improved, the fight scenes were improved, even if one did shamelessly rip off a God of War scene.
The "turning" deceptecons I thought was an interesting idea, and would like to see some more of that going on for both sides if there's a third. The comedy relief, a tad over the top.

I'm no huge fan of the first, in fact I didn't much like it at all - the second addressed a lot of the issues I had with the first which works for me. Bit more autobot and deceptecon dialogue this time which was cool - resembled the series a fair bit more I thought - Wish SW had "the voice" though. and the portrayal of Megatron I thought was a lot better, and more sinister this time around...

I'll give this one a 7.

Here, I'm now gonna say something - the amount of guys like over the age of 30 talking about how hot the chick in TF is and how much they'd like to fuck her is now creeping me out...I hope a lot of these guys aren't uncles...I'm 28 and she's like only 4-5 years younger than me, but I personally see nothing but "girl". Actually, I see "otherwise attractive girl with a case of bitch-face", which is a pet hate of mine...random throw-in there.
I mean, I know she's legal and all but shit guys...reminds me of the guys who would perv at their mates little sisters.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

tokyo gore police ..

i'm just not finding these fun anymore... same old effects .. hyper kinetic pacing ... this one borrowed from Robocop (in style)
and just looked like every other kooky ultraviolent comic book movie and had goofy unrealistic gore effects that is in a lot of other movies .. just like this one.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I agree with you alot of Transforemrs cheebs.that movie had so many plots holes in it it's insane.

Spoilers below:

I hate how the autobots fighting the decpticons is now a big secret that the public can't know about even though they had a huge battle in downtown L.A.
How did the goverment cover that up?

Oh and Sam;s dies for a few mintues and goes to robot heaven.WTF?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Don't know who the other guy is, but IMO Bale is a shitty actor...he's most wooden in the things I've seen, which is maybe why he was perfectly suited to equilibrium...he's played interesting characters, given, but he's pretty much the same guy in every movie, you ask me...the blank, almost monotone guy.
Cheebs, I wholeheartedly agree with every word you just said about Bale. I've been fascinated over the years by how popular he's gotten and recently decided it was because people fall in love with the roles he chooses- Batman, Patrick Bateman, John Conner, etc. I find him an uninteresting and generally mediocre actor, though, like you say, can't hate him because I have fond memories for many of the roles he's played (particularly Bateman from American Psycho).

My roomate and I recently had a debate- he doesn't like DiCaprio and I love him, and vice versa for Bale. To me the actors are incomparable- though this is an opinion and I know it will strike controversy here.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Assault On Precinct 13: This was really cool, good suspense, quirky humor, the music was EXCELLENT, and is probably one of my favorite scores now.
JSA: Joint Security Area: Here's a film with a clear and present message. Opened my eyes to the tension that exists between the North and South Koreas. Check this one out.
The Chinese Connection: I wasnt too huge a fan of this one, perhaps its was the god awful transfer and the fact that a guy with a deep voice dudbed Bruce Lee, he even attempted to dub his Kung Fu noises, which sounded really stupid and nearly killed the film.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
tokyo gore police ..

i'm just not finding these fun anymore... same old effects .. hyper kinetic pacing ... this one borrowed from Robocop (in style)
and just looked like every other kooky ultraviolent comic book movie and had goofy unrealistic gore effects that is in a lot of other movies .. just like this one.
I agree with you on that one. Got pretty bored with this one myself and lost interest round the half way mark.

Watchmen

WOW. Loved it! This really exceeded my expectations. Never read the comic but I'm really keen to now. Bummed I didn't see this on the big screen! This really blew me away to say the least and is now my favorite comic book adaption alongside Sin City and American Splendor.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:13 PM
That fucking Guy...

Cool shit, I'll be watching it today...the graphic novel was pretty cool even if a little "before my time"...
Downloading, but I'll purchase soon enough if it's any good.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Scares Little Kids

The Haunting in Connecticut

I saw it yesterday. Based on true story, it was one of the best horror film i've ever seen before. And i hope you all agree with me!