Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 PM
No, fuck YOU

7/10

Not a very brilliant story, but it had some laughs and 2 strong lead actors to entertain us through the fast paced road trip. If it hadn't been for the nicely picked cast Identity Thief wouldn't have made half the income it's made (crazy $100.000.000+).
Budget: $35.000.000.
IMDB rating: 5,8.

7-8/10

The story could've been told better and the acting could've been better as well.
But it sure had some powerfull/beautiful scenes and a couple of scenes that totally grossed med out. The blood coughing scene taking the prize with the huge leg wound coming in close second. Yuch!

Budget: 30.000.000 euros.
IMDB rating: 7,6.
Gross: $18.000.000 (WTF???)

Can't believe Identity Thief has almost made 110.000.000 and The Impossible hasn't even reached 20.000.000 yet??
I guess people just want to have a laugh when they go to the movies?

6/10

Should've been 1 maybe 2 hours shorter, but i really liked the universe of Discworld and i'd like to see a lot more of it. More stories. It's the fantasy's Star Trek added quite a bit of crazy (Simon The Sorcerer anyone?).
Also helped that the great actors involved seemed like they really enjoyed playing their characters.

2/10

Extremely dull and incredibly annoying.

Last edited by Angra; 03-04-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Banned

Hypothermia....netflix instant stream

started off pretty good....nice setting...Michael Rooker in the lead....the shots of "something" swimming under the ice were very effective....then came the monster himself

yeah
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Can't believe Identity Thief has almost made 110.000.000 and The Impossible hasn't even reached 20.000.000 yet??
I guess people just want to have a laugh when they go to the movies?
There's always been good number of people who go to the movies just to get entertained by having some good time & laughs; that's all, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

Wow! Is it from the movie The Color of Magic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Hypothermia....netflix instant stream
started off pretty good....nice setting...Michael Rooker in the lead....the shots of "something" swimming under the ice were very effective....then came the monster himself

yeah
LOL! Yeah...seen it too. I couldn't believe at first how the hell they could even came up with this shitty costume idea!? "The Creature from the Frozen Lake/While Lagoon"!!!:D

Last edited by roshiq; 03-05-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Which stems, I would guess, from an early distaste for Blair Witch?
I actually like Blair Witch, but I have a history with that movie, which I won't get into here.

I really don't know where it comes from. I guess I just see it as a gimmick.

GWAR is a fun band to see live, but now that they've done it, if someone else came along in foam rubber suits and doing the same shtick, I wouldn't like it as much. Then if you see about 30 other bands doing it, it would get old and stale quick. But that doesn't mean GWAR sucks. I'm also not saying that Blair Witch did it first, either. I'm just saying that it gets a lot of unnecessary hate from people who blame it for spawning that subgenre.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
There's always been good number of people who go to the movies just to get entertained by having some good time & laughs; that's all, nothing more.
Yea, i guess so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Wow! Is it from the movie The Color of Magic?

That's Discworld. So yes. :)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Riddle (2013)

Boring 'thriller'. Saw it mainly for the hottie Diora Baird, but even she was pretty dull like rest of the movie.

>>: C-

Tower Block (2012)

The residents of the top floor of a London tower block faces a battle for survival when a murderous sniper begins picking off anyone careless enough to get close to the windows. Pretty fast & solid thriller, worth a watch.

>>: B+

Life of Pi (2012)

The Days with 'Richard Parker'! Surely one of the best of 2012, as I expected. Though there are many amazing moments but loved that scene where Richard Parker is staring at the sky & Pi lying on the boat, very tiredly calls him from behind and he just slightly turns back his head (as if that tiger was thinking some serious stuffs i.e. what's going to happen next or when/where this journey will end or who knows may be he was praying or talking to God:) Even that '2nd or backup story' added an extra spark to this incredible tale of survival. Loved it.

>>: A

The Helpers (2012)

Another Vacancy rip-off.

>>: C

Lincoln (2012)

Nothing new to say about great Daniel Day-Lewis as well as the rest of the A-list Hollywood actors. I'm not sure but there was something missing; probably it dragged too much on cabinet delegation and congress discussions, not enough about Lincoln's life, only a very specific historic part of his presidency.

>>: B

Mama (2013)

There are some fine creepy set-pieces, particularly loved the scene that shot from the passageway & we see through the door that the little girl is playing with a looonngg shadow in the room! But there's quite a lot of drama at the end. Still, pretty decent overall but nothing spectacular.

>>: B+

The Lorax (2012)

Unexpectedly very average.

>>: B-

Come Out and Play (2012)

A scene-to-scene Mexican remake of 1976 Spanish Killer Kid flick Who Can Kill a Child?. Though it provided decent amount of dismembered body parts as playing tools for the children but it was quite dry in story progression.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 PM
HDC Idol

[REC]3: Genesis (2012)

HA! Pretty unnecessary addition to the series... Actually had some pretty entertaining scenes, but was ultimately uneven... Turns out (who knew??) that taking away the shaky cam reveals how incredibly cheap a movie is.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:14 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death

It was decent,but not something I would rewatch. It was too similar to Devil. It was hard to like any of the characters. Also I somewhat felt there were too many characters as they didn't really focus on all of them as much as I thought they should have. Cheap thrills don't really waste your time.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Living Dead

The Collection.

What a pile of wank. I would not watch this movie again nor would i recommend it. The ridiculous looking villain uses traps which are not in the slightest bit believable and you can just tell that they want to make it as exciting as a bland movie can get by making it so damn fast paced! If you blink you miss things its like they scrapped anything other than action. The movie keeps giving not so subtle nods to better films that you could be watching instead. There is no suspense, no fear and no interest here.

Its a ridiculous waste of time. 1/10
Old 03-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Deadly Detour (2011)

When car troubles leave a group of Florida-bound friends stranded in rural Maryland, a deformed maniac (The Goat Man!!) emerges from the forest to slaughter them one-by-one.

Very poorly directed, horribly acted a low budget slasher with decent amount of gore and so yeah...it's worth to call an utter crap; BUT at the end unexpectedly they've added a hilariously enjoyable sequence...One hell of a bloody massacre in a school bus full of blind retards!!:D I'm sure they had huge fun while shooting those scenes. So may be it's a bad idea but thinking of an evil plan to upload that sequence on a video hosting site & save others to go through the whole horrible movie. ;)
Anyway, I was almost determined to give it straightaway F or hardly a D but just for that gruesome funny ending...

>>: D+

Bad Meat (2011)

A group of so-called problem teens are sent by their parents to a repressive Boot Camp in the middle of nowhere, in the hope that the strict regime will transform them into youthful model citizens that their parents can be proud of. However the kids refuse to play ball, and tensions emerge between them as they try to resist the guards' sadistic methods.
Meanwhile, the camp's down-trodden cook has also tired of the abuse meted out to him by the guards, and fixes them a meal of illegal, diseased meat...a final "screw you!" before he abandons the camp. But he doesn't know that the meat is infected with a virus, which instead of simply making the guards ill as he intended, transforms them into flesh-crazed maniacs!

Oh, man...this is really a sad case! A mildly entertaining horror flick with a good cast just terribly suffers for "an ending"!! The thing is there is actually almost 'no ending' at the end. Near the end, when the final survival action part or head counts about to start then it just suddenly ends forcefully. And that's surely can be a shocker & frustrating thing for any regular horror fan, as by that time it was kinda turning into something decently funny and enjoyable watch. It was like the production ran out of money and they couldn't able to shoot the 'scripted' ending. Now, here comes the surprise part...it was actually the case! After watching the movie, I did a little online research & found this link where the sad mystery of Bad Meat resolves.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (2012)

Quite slow burn but there's some good fight scenes.

>>: B-

Lawless (2012)

Guy Pearce steals almost every moment he was in. Liked his wicked take on the role of a bad ass Special Deputy 'Charley Rakes'. May be the character demanded but Tom 'Ben' Hardy was kinda robotic & at times appeared in a sort of mentally challenged manner! Overall, a good crime-drama.

Gangster Squad (2013)

Pretty average; adds nothing to its genre of Hollywood gangster flicks in 50's set up. We've seen, I guess more than dozen of similar kinda films before.

>>: C+

Brave (2012)

And this wins "Best Animated Feature" in Oscar! I guess then 2012 was a very average year for Animation films.

616: Paranormal Incident (2013)

Another low budget addition to the growing craze of found footage flicks. It was bad but I've seen worse.

>>: C

Children of the Corn (2009)

A pointless TV remake. Just gave it a watch as it was the only film left in my 8 in 1 (single disc!) Children of the Corn film collection.

Tags
movie