Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2009, 01:16 AM
Analrapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Dead Like Me: Life After Death (2009)

I have to admit, I couldn't help but think it seemed full of unfulfilled possibilities, so it really comes off more as a long episode of the show. That being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I really enjoyed the series, so it was really quite a pleasant way to spend an hour and half, just like watching the show.

If you're a fan of the series, then I don't think it'll let you down (except Rube is gone, and Daisy is played by a different actress, and thus she's pretty much a completely different character). I thought all of the players reprised their roles quite well. I also heard that the success of this film could bring about a resurrection of either the show, or another film perhaps, if sales are good enough. So be sure to buy a copy of the DVD.

At any rate, definitely recommended for fans of the show. I'm not sure it has too much to offer to anyone that didn't watch Dead Like Me, although I could be wrong.

What??

There's a movie?!

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Vampire Hunter D (1985)

>>: B-

Body#19 (2007)

A decent psychological Thai horror where nothing much else to wow you, but it does provide some good chilling Boo moments...specially I liked that creepy looking dirty cat! Very average performance by the actors & CGI effects of the ghost (with big boobs!) were also pretty mediocre!

>>: B-

Last edited by roshiq; 02-23-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:32 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Tropic Thunder

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 02-23-2009, 04:58 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Yeh Rest Stop was better than I thought it would be still pretty forgettable however. I liked Wrong Turn a lot more. Have you seen Vacancy? You'd dig it if you liked Rest Stop.
That's interesting because I actually immediately compared Rest Stop to Wrong Turn in that I thought it was significantly better. I thought that Rest Stop was better directed and, as a whole, created a more interesting atmosphere than Wrong Turn (with Wrong Turn, you know you're just dealing with yocals gone wrong - With Rest Stop, I felt as though it was going to be some kind of purgatory metaphor; there was just more going on that kept my interest).

I haven't seen Vacancy - I'll have to check it out - Thanks!!

Quote:
Dead Like Me: Life After Death (2009)

I have to admit, I couldn't help but think it seemed full of unfulfilled possibilities, so it really comes off more as a long episode of the show. That being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I really enjoyed the series, so it was really quite a pleasant way to spend an hour and half, just like watching the show.

If you're a fan of the series, then I don't think it'll let you down (except Rube is gone, and Daisy is played by a different actress, and thus she's pretty much a completely different character). I thought all of the players reprised their roles quite well. I also heard that the success of this film could bring about a resurrection of either the show, or another film perhaps, if sales are good enough. So be sure to buy a copy of the DVD.

At any rate, definitely recommended for fans of the show. I'm not sure it has too much to offer to anyone that didn't watch Dead Like Me, although I could be wrong.
Holy crap. Did NOT know there was a movie. Will have to go see it, like now.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:06 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire1 View Post
What??

There's a movie?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...d=1#post789754
Old 02-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
except Rube is gone
But Desmond's there! :D
Old 02-23-2009, 06:30 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:

EDIT: Read this Return (SPOILER!!!): I hear what you're saying about being inclined to agree with Sister Aloysius, especially after she claimed to have contacted some people in Father Flynn's past and his subsequent nervousness/freaking out over this. However, it's just another part of the puzzle. It could be absolutely anything in his past that made him worried at this prospect, not necessarily sexual abuse. I love the handling of the idea of doubt in the film, because that is its central focus. Whether or not Father Flynn is guilty is immaterial, and to have given even the slightest evidence one way or the other would have completely ruined the film. Thoughts? .
Thats actually a really good point...hadn't even thought of it like that.

I think this is a film that'll need a few more viewings...so, so many layers.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:04 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Thats actually a really good point...hadn't even thought of it like that.

I think this is a film that'll need a few more viewings...so, so many layers.
Absolutely. It's one I'll definitely be picking up when it comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire1 View Post
What??

There's a movie?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Yeah! It's awfully enjoyable.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:06 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
But Desmond's there! :D
Haha, true.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Evil Dead

Feast 3 - 1/10

I actually really liked the 2nd one...it was just so over-the-top and Troma-like that I laughed almost all the way through it. With this one it seems like they tried to go into the opposite direction (until the end) and make it all serious fucking business. Lots of "creepy" sewer crawling, a strobe light scene that seemed to last forever, and everyone covered in blood and screaming like they just came out of a French horror movie.

Also, I expected them to take the people that drove off in the car from the first movie and tell their tale, but instead we get basically Feast part 2-b or something...mostly the same characters from Feast 2 and lots of new character they they introduce and kill 10 minutes later. I mean for a supposed "happy ending" was it too much to expect them to wrap it up a bit? It just droned on...

The ending is completely absurd...which would have been a perfect ending if they had kept with the ludicrous direction they took with part 2, but when they tried to make it more like a legitimate horror movie and then pulled out the...

SPOILER
..robot foot and the mariachi player...

...they completely lost me.

TLDR version: Movie sucked. Sewer scenes too long. Stobe lights are not scary and VERY annoying. If I wanted to watch a french horror movie, I'd watch Inside.