Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-21-2009, 12:49 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
As I'm a good fan of Asian Horror movies and _V_ extended the deadline for submitting the list for HDC Top 100 Asian Horror movies, so I'm thinking I should give it a try to watch as much Asian Horrors as I can before going to finalized my list. There are still some good Asian horrors that I haven't seen yet but I have came to read some pretty good online reviews of them already.

Noroi: The Curse (2005)

Ichise Takashige, producer of such fright classics as Ring, Dark Water, and Ju-on, presents a thrillingly Japanese mockumentary about a TV journalist Masafumi Kobayashi who had gone missing at present, leaving behind several video tapes of his unpublished work on his latest (and the last, apparently) paranormal research.

There's none of those stereotypical long-haired ghosts but the films successfully manages to hold an incredibly eerie atmosphere till the "pleasant" ending. Though the acting was bit mediocre and there are some things that weren't explained clearly but actually I haven't any complain for that cause everything else executed quite finely.

Recommended to Chrono, NE, V, Despare, Angra and everyone else who like to watch Asian Horrors sometimes.

>>: B+

Thanks for the rec, Roshiq.

Now i know what to do after American Idol tonight. ;)
Old 02-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Misanthrope

American Idol? ...you are confused about your sexuality :D
Old 02-21-2009, 02:17 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
American Idol? ...you are confused about your sexuality :D
LMAO

Sssshhh... don't tell anyone.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:12 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Nick of Time

Not too bad for a mindless action/thriller. The script was pretty stupid and ridiculous, but it didn't take itself seriously at all. Not a great movie by any means...but could have been worse.

Religulous

Huge letdown - should have been a lot better.

For the most part, I'm prone to agree with Maher: Agnosticism makes a lot more sense. But his arguments here were sorely lacking: it was more like a playground argument than a case against religion. He just twisted peoples words, cut them off mid-sentence, and heavily edited the footage to emphasize his points.

Even though he usually seems like a fairly intelligent man, in this one he just came off as an asshole. I share the majority of his views, but his presentation really makes agnostics look bad.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:12 PM
She's under the stairs

Synedoche, New York

This movie was a long twisted road, Charlie Kaufamn hdefinatley has a world and genre of his own. I found my self intrigued, laughing at times when it felt inapropriate though I think he intended us to. The way it starts is so formulatic it lets you ease into it, but then it just goes upside down and every other direction one after the other.

It did seem to lack somthing though, I felt emptier at the end than I did half way through.

6.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 02-21-2009, 03:08 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Slumdog Millionaire

So, I finally got around to seeing it. Didn't really live up to all the hype, but I really did think it was a damn good movie.

Wasn't too fussy about some of the flashbacks near the first, but from the point they were teenagers on I was very impressed. Despite the ADD style storytelling, it still created some great characters and had me really absorbed in the plot once it got going.

Spoilers: I especially liked the whole bit with Kumar feeding him the fake answer. Such a tense moment - absolutely brilliant.

It had it's flaws to be sure: the editing was headache inducing, for starters, and some of the child actors were painful to watch. Still, I very much enjoyed it and by the end I walked out of the theatre with a smile on my face from ear to ear.

Frozen River

Catching up on my Oscar watching today, if you couldn't tell :cool:

I liked this one...it told a very bleak story, and was the perfect way to follow the almost sickeningly happy ending of Slumdog.

Melissa Leo was very good in her role, but I wasn't overly impressed with Misty Upham. The real standout performance for me was Charlie McDermott in a wonderful supporting role as Leo's son, trying to keep the family from completely falling apart. It could have been a pretty basic part, but he brought such an honesty to the role that I found him one of the best parts of the piece.

First time writer/director Courtney Hunt also did a great job: the script told an engrossing story, and her direction served to emphasize the darkness and hopelessness of the situation.

Not a movie for everyone, and certainly not very uplifting...but I thought it was very well made.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Time Bandit

Cool

Phantoms with Ben Affleck
Old 02-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Time Bandit

Doom Asylum
Old 02-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

Changeling

Pretty good flick . Jolie shows that she can act.The story seems a bit preposterous but then you realize.......its true.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Misanthrope

The new Indy flick.

Kinda lost interest after the opening. Might have to try watching it again.