Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Doomsday again. still fun.
The Orphanage - not bad, not great, some creepy scenes.
the Godfather Part II - fabulous, was glued to the screen every minute, loved it every bit as much as the first if not more.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
The Jacket. Good movie but I need to rewatch it because I wasn't in the best frame of mind to fully enjoy it.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:11 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
as far as it being an overlooked movie - oh yeah - hardly anyone ever mentions it.... even at disney world itself there's barely a presence (and this was before Pixar parted ways) there was a half hidden garage in an alley where you could pose with mike and Sully - that was it.... i couldnt believe it.
Weird. I've been doing some research on blockbusters recently (ahh, sweet HDC Idol challenge) and apparently Monsters, Inc. was the #44 highest domestic box office grossing movie of all time.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=monstersinc.htm

Ain't that bad.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-06-2008, 06:28 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Australia

Hugh Jackman was very good, and the scenery was pretty...but otherwise, utter trash. Formulaic, by the books "epic drama" that fails miserably.

If you all you want is to look at some admittedly well done landscape shots, this is your movie. If you want characters to give a fuck about or a plot that you haven't seen ten million times already, avoid this like the plague.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:36 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
The Fountain

Breathtaking. Can't believe this has been sitting on my shelf unwatched for so long...thanks for the recommendation _V_!

Quote:
The Fountain

Watched it again this morning...and for me, that really says something. No matter how much I enjoy a movie, it's usually months at the very least before I get around to revisiting it.

This movie completely and totally blew my mind. Everything about it is nigh on to perfect - the art direction (and the visuals in general), the score, the acting, the theme of life and death...the only thing that brings it down slightly is the script, which has some minor flaws (mostly in the dialogue), but otherwise - simply stunning.

Aronofsky has to be one of the most brilliant directors working today - you have no idea how excited I am to check out The Wrestler.
Only just noticed this. You are welcome. :)

I totally agree about Aronofsky. He and Paul Thomas Anderson are two craftsmen who have been pioneering some really awesome pieces of cinema. Both are directors whose movies are a "must watch" for me.

And more people need to see The Fountain. Its one of those movies which gives the feel of being an underappreciated amazing piece of art.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Finally saw Machine Girl. Prime stuff.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:47 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Only just noticed this. You are welcome. :)

I totally agree about Aronofsky. He and Paul Thomas Anderson are two craftsmen who have been pioneering some really awesome pieces of cinema. Both are directors whose movies are a "must watch" for me.

And more people need to see The Fountain. Its one of those movies which gives the feel of being an underappreciated amazing piece of art.
Starting to sound like he might get some Academy recognition this year, too - which would be awesome. Doubt he'll win anything, but the buzz is making a Best Director nom look like a definite possibility.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:52 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Starting to sound like he might get some Academy recognition this year, too - which would be awesome. Doubt he'll win anything, but the buzz is making a Best Director nom look like a definite possibility.
Havent seen The Wrestler yet but I m willing to bet he will be a strong contender for the Oscar.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Transporter 3 (2008)

>>: C+

Eagle Eye (2008)

..lengthy & ridiculous.

>>: C

House (2008)

>>: C-

The House Bunny (2008)

>>: C-
Old 12-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Evil Dead

My Summer of Love – Solid enough story of summer love, betrayal, terrible people, and bad choices in a little Irish village.

Sam

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.