Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-04-2008, 07:05 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Hot Fuzz

Hahahah...I actually enjoyed this one more than Shaun of the Dead, to be honest. Shaun was great, but the separation between horror and comedy was too clean cut - it was always either funny or scary, rarely a mix. The balance here between spoof and serious was a lot more even, and far funnier.

It did suffer one of the same problem as Shaun of the Dead though: it was about 15-20 minutes too long. Some editing would have done them well.

I cant wait to see what else these guys are up to...is Spaced worth checking out?

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)

Wow...I dont think I've seen Fredric March in anything else, but he just blew my mind. A truly fantastic performance in both roles, one of the best that I've seen from that era. Absolutely brilliant - deserved the Oscar for sure.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:10 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I recently brought Tarantula have to give it a spin sometime. I've got a bunch of old flicks like that I haven't got around to watching.
For sure.

Bump it to the top of the pile, and watch it after dinner with some beer. You ll love it.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Hey! Flayed! Guesssss what I FINALLY watched?!?

The Exorcist III

Man, I owe you a sincere thank you for recommending this so fervently, and and equally sincere apology for not watching it sooner. This movie ROCKS. Fantastic entertainment from beginning to end - one of the best horror movies that I've seen in a damn long time.

George C. Scott as Kinderman has to be one of the greatest performances of modern horror. LOVED his character...and the carp speech had me rolling :D .

Truely a wonderfull film. If anyone else out there is like me and have been putting this one off - get off your ass and watch it NOW.

All the foolish amounts of praise that Flayed heaps on it are more than deserved ;) :p
--------------

Now maybe you should watch the first one with fresh eyes and an open mind...

--------------

Opera (1987)
Old 11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
--------------

Now maybe you should watch the first one with fresh eyes and an open mind...

--------------
Yeah, yeah....hey, I watched Clockwork Orange yesterday and I've got Raging Bull lined up for this afternoon - think you can lay off 'a me for a bit?

;) :p
Old 11-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Evil Alive

I Spit on your grave: It was as shocking as advertised. The ending is definitely raises the movie's stock. I liked this movie a lot. 7.5/10

Night of the Demons : Not a bad 80s horror movie. Cheesy but in a good way. A very fun flick overall. 6.5/10.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Yeah, yeah....hey, I watched Clockwork Orange yesterday and I've got Raging Bull lined up for this afternoon - think you can lay off 'a me for a bit?

;) :p
Yes, actually, I can. You are watching some fantastic movies.
Did you pick up TFC yet?!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:01 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Yes, actually, I can. You are watching some fantastic movies.
Did you pick up TFC yet?!
Not yet - what's the sequel like?

I've only been able to find a boxset with the two of them...are they both worth watching, or just the first?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Maggie:}

Send a message via AIM to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkfloyd45769
I watched Brainscan,i had heard about it and finally gave it a go.I thought it was crap!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Not yet - what's the sequel like?

I've only been able to find a boxset with the two of them...are they both worth watching, or just the first?
The sequel is alright. A lot of people really dig it, and it's fresh on RottenTomatoes.com, but I really think they should hav left the first one the way it was. When you see it, you'll know why.

If you can't find anything but the boxset, though, it wouldn't be the worst investment you could make.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painfulldeath View Post
I Spit on your grave: It was as shocking as advertised. The ending is definitely raises the movie's stock. I liked this movie a lot. 7.5/10

I'll never forget the glare the video store clerk gave my friend and I when we rented this, 10 years ago. Judgemental new age bitch...

Anyway, I spent most of the movie bored and sickened, but the end was great. The slow guy sounded like a squeeky bed, which was unintentionally hilarious

and i couldnt stop laughing at "IT WONT STOP BLEEDING!"

The premise of the second half is pretty funny. "you raped me a couple of times, so i figured i'd give it up the third time. Im actually starting to like this"

I guess the antagonists have to be stupid for it to work, but damn.