Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Hell on earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude95Si View Post
I don't know if they would do Scorpion, if you've noticed all of the villains Spidy's faced had a personal connection to Parker. Norman liked Parker b/c he was Harry's friend and he was smart. Parker respected Doc Ock, and they had a somewhat professional relationship (student/teacher). In #3 they've changed Sandman's origin to better fit with this trend. Sandman is the "actual" killer of Uncle Ben which will cause Parker to want revenge and that will be magnified by the symbiote. Harry as GG 2 wants revenge for Spidy killing his father. And Venom is the byproduct of the symbiote hating Parker for rejecting it and Brock hating Parker on a personal level for embaressing him and causing him to lose his job.

The Lizard I could see b/c Conners is one of Parker's teachers. So another professional relationship.
so???? i believe mac gargan was sent to spy on peter parker and when he failed he was offered the scorpion suit

Old 02-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
In #3 they've changed Sandman's origin to better fit with this trend. Sandman is the "actual" killer of Uncle Ben
Just read this...I think they're actually swinging it to make it potentially look like it MIGHT have been him, but actually wasn't...but I dunno, that's just a feeling I'm getting. It would fit in with the "black suit/rage" type thing...incidentally, in one of the spiderman titles, just found out that it was the FATHER of sandman that was likely the killer? Something like that, I'd have to read it again...I think he actually killed a Ben Parker from an alternate dimension, but it's interesting, wondering if it's somehow related, or one got the idea from the other...etc...etc
Old 02-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Hell on earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Just read this...I think they're actually swinging it to make it potentially look like it MIGHT have been him, but actually wasn't...but I dunno, that's just a feeling I'm getting. It would fit in with the "black suit/rage" type thing...incidentally, in one of the spiderman titles, just found out that it was the FATHER of sandman that was likely the killer? Something like that, I'd have to read it again...I think he actually killed a Ben Parker from an alternate dimension, but it's interesting, wondering if it's somehow related, or one got the idea from the other...etc...etc
in the comics he had nothing to do with peter except he was his enemy

Old 02-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
in the comics he had nothing to do with peter except he was his enemy
I know that...
They actually kind've reconciled last time sandman almost died though. The events I speak of that kind've seem a little parralell to the idea of sandman having something to do with Ben Parkers death took place in the current run (and latest issues) of "friendly neigborhood spider-man"...although it's sandmans father that's been allegedly FRAMED in the death of Ben Parker, but not the original continuity Ben Parker, but one that kind've snuck in from another reality where spider-man had suffered the loss of May rather than him...decided to hang around, evidently got killed...sandmans father being blamed for it, black suit is back, seems another reason for Parker to hate him...it's at least similar to what the third film seems to be going for.
This is nothing new though...it's not always exact, but a few times now, events in the comics (although far ahead in "time) have resembled events in the movies, and likewise...x-men did it, even made the characters resemble the movie ppl for a while...
Old 02-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Is that what is going on in the post Civil War life for Spidy? B/c I know that he's back in the black costume and Marvel says that its b/c of the events of Civil War.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Evil Dead

I wouldn't know to be honest...see...Marvel has kind've been slightly fucking up with the whole civil war thing, so many issues of various comics involved are coming out at the wrong time, eg - before others in which events take place prior to them...eg - When I was reading, way back towards the beggining of civil war, some events kind've got spoiled by this happening, sooo...what I've been doing now is collecting (dl'ing anyways) all the civil war stuff, and when it ends, I believe sometime in march, I'll just read it all once I have the correct issues in the correct sequence.

The events I'm speaking of are happening in the "non civil war" spiderman series "friendly neighborhood spiderman" which happens in the same timeline and all, just events outside of the civil war dealy...I've just noticed kind've parralell lines to those events and the ones that are taking place in the movie.
However, I can tell you that - Yes, he is back in black.
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the venom symbiote itself, just a costume, as Mac Gargan (formerly the scorpion) now wears that in part of the redisigned "thunderbolts", currently lead by Norman Osbourne himself.
But yeah, from what I've heard/read, he's in black because of something that happens during the civil war thing.
I have a feeling it's one of two things...
1 - MJ and/or May die
2 - Parker kills somebody, potentially a former allie.
I'm leaning towards the second, but really, I'm not sure.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
The events I'm speaking of are happening in the "non civil war" spiderman series "friendly neighborhood spiderman" which happens in the same timeline and all, just events outside of the civil war dealy...I've just noticed kind've parralell lines to those events and the ones that are taking place in the movie.
However, I can tell you that - Yes, he is back in black.
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the venom symbiote itself, just a costume, as Mac Gargan (formerly the scorpion) now wears that in part of the redisigned "thunderbolts", currently lead by Norman Osbourne himself.
But yeah, from what I've heard/read, he's in black because of something that happens during the civil war thing.
I have a feeling it's one of two things...
1 - MJ and/or May die
2 - Parker kills somebody, potentially a former allie.
I'm leaning towards the second, but really, I'm not sure.
Yeah, I'm just getting Civil War 1-7. I meant the issue that just came-out last week. It was "Friendly" and the story arch is called "the Strange case of.." and its not the symbiote. I haven't read the issue I just know certain things from Wizard.
I was asking if it from this story arch that they just started which is post Civil War.

And I heard that the guy who wrote "the Other" is writeing the storyline where either MJ or May dies. However, May has died before in Amz. 400.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Hell on earth

how far do you guys thing this movie series will go???

SM 4,5,6?????

Old 02-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Evil Dead

I'd say 5 would be a good number, for the films anyway...although there's much more to tell in the whole saga...Personally I think it'd be a better idea to make some kind've ongoing series, not so much a live one, but perhaps a digitally animated one like the last series that came out between the first and second films? That was excellent. Problem is, evidently as good as something is (and I doubt anyone who's actually SEEN this series would think otherwise) it can still fall victim to axe murder.
But all the same, supposedly Avi Arad has another series of the same sort ready to go...I think that this medium would work better than film for a LOT of the spiderman tales yet to tell.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'd say 5 would be a good number, for the films anyway...although there's much more to tell in the whole saga...Personally I think it'd be a better idea to make some kind've ongoing series, not so much a live one, but perhaps a digitally animated one like the last series that came out between the first and second films? That was excellent. Problem is, evidently as good as something is (and I doubt anyone who's actually SEEN this series would think otherwise) it can still fall victim to axe murder.
But all the same, supposedly Avi Arad has another series of the same sort ready to go...I think that this medium would work better than film for a LOT of the spiderman tales yet to tell.

I agree, I think the genreal public would see this series for so long and then get tired of seeing the same thing over and over. But look at Bond, he's got 21 movies if you don't count the one WB did and they are already talking about #22. I own the DVD of the MTV series you are refering to, I actually enjoyed that series a lot b/c it wasn't all about the superhero aspect I think it took the time to make itself more than just another Spider-Man show.