Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Villain, I can't remember if it was discussed: have you seen Reincarnation yet? If not, I highly recommend it.
No actually i havent. I've been meaning to see it since i wanted to watch all the Horrorfest movies and i've been hearing really good things about that one. That year was the only one i didnt see all of them.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:32 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I've seen all the American versions of those but only the Japanese One Missed Call. Man that was freaky.
Ooo - ooo - The original Ringu is so incredibly creepy... The remake pales in comparison... Same thing with Shutter... But the original Ringu... Good stuff.

I actually like the Grudge remake better; it's by the same director and I feel with the remake he could make some editorial choices that I thought worked... The end was very silly though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Villain, I can't remember if it was discussed: have you seen Reincarnation yet? If not, I highly recommend it.
Ditto. Same guy who did The Grudge. Good stuff.

Watched R-Point tonight...

The pros: Definitely atmospheric and all of the characters were definitely human. Good creepy moments.

The cons: Definitely a slow-burner, which is not generally a draw-back, but my ankle was bothering me so I had a hard time sitting still. Would up getting bored. Ultimately, didn't really feel like anything NEW to me. I think that even if I were feeling better, it probably wouldn't have been over a 3 out of 5. Or maybe I'm just turning into a jaded horror viewer...
Old 06-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Ooo - ooo - The original Ringu is so incredibly creepy... The remake pales in comparison... Same thing with Shutter... But the original Ringu... Good stuff.

I actually like the Grudge remake better; it's by the same director and I feel with the remake he could make some editorial choices that I thought worked... The end was very silly though...
Yeah i gotta check those out and i agree, the ending of The Grudge just wasnt needed. They always have to go a step too far dont they.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Love is like dying

tale of two sisters, really good but i had to watch it bout 3 times to try and understand what the story was about.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:40 PM
From The Beyond

I second the recs of the original Ringu (and Ringu2), Shutter etc. Also second the recs of Reincarnation and Tale Of Two Sisters.

I agree that RPoint is very atmospheric but a bit so-so to the die hards like us.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Horrors of Malformed Men (1969)

Liked its mystery thriller kind of pattern. But that guy should straight went to the island first rather than screwing the ladies in the house. The last scene was hilarious.:D

>>: B

Revenge: A Love Story (2010)

A very decent gruesome revenge thriller from Hong Kong with a simple story. Liked the ending.

>>: B+
Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 AM
Love is like dying

i just watched hansel and gretel i have to make one of my fave movies,really good movie.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Evil is Better

Ju-On: The Grudge

This is so much better then the American version. With the american one, the little boy was never able to freak me out but he did in this one. Plus the story is so much better. The american one just seems so dumbed down now as if they thought people wouldnt be able to understand the timeline. The ending is so much better too.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Ju-On: The Grudge

This is so much better then the American version. With the american one, the little boy was never able to freak me out but he did in this one. Plus the story is so much better. The american one just seems so dumbed down now as if they thought people wouldnt be able to understand the timeline. The ending is so much better too.
only seen the american one,i thought it wasn't supossed to be any different ?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
only seen the american one,i thought it wasn't supossed to be any different ?
The progression was some what the same but Ju-On had a bunch of different stories and a more eschewed although more interesting timeline and the American one reduced the stories and even cut some out. Also the ending is different and the characters.