Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2008, 06:58 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

It was an excellent night at he New Beverly theater last night. A Great double-bill of hard-to-find slashers

Torso(1973)

The print was totally grindhouse; the picture was stained and scratched and even burnt in a few frames, the sound was fucked, but the film is still a classic. Beautiful locations and lots of nudity suffer at the hands of terrible dialog and ham-fisted exposition. But it is in the long, dialog free sections where this movie shines. These beautifully shot wordless moments are tense as hell and as fine an example of visual storytelling as you'll see anywhere.

7.5/10

Pieces(1982)

Having never seen this one, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I'm really glad to have experienced it on the big screen with a house full of rabid fans. The story is trashy and stooooooopid, but hilariously so. Here it is in a nutshell: A little kid hacks him mom to pieces and blames it on "a big guy" - 40 years later a killer is hacking up co-ed at a college... with a chainsaw.

The chainsaw gore is great, the tits are plentiful, the dialog is fucking hilarious and the plot is retarded. At one point a small Asian man pops into frame and starts kung-fu-ing our heroine...and then he leaves, never to be mentioned again.:confused: And the Completely out-of-the-blue ending makes the Carrie ending seem logical and tame.

6/10 (I loved it, but really can't rate it any higher)

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
Pieces(1982)

Having never seen this one, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I'm really glad to have experienced it on the big screen with a house full of rabid fans. The story is trashy and stooooooopid, but hilariously so. Here it is in a nutshell: A little kid hacks him mom to pieces and blames it on "a big guy" - 40 years later a killer is hacking up co-ed at a college... with a chainsaw.

The chainsaw gore is great, the tits are plentiful, the dialog is fucking hilarious and the plot is retarded. At one point a small Asian man pops into frame and starts kung-fu-ing our heroine...and then he leaves, never to be mentioned again.:confused: And the Completely out-of-the-blue ending makes the Carrie ending seem logical and tame.

If i remember correctly, this was the one that ends

***SPOILER****

with a frankenstein of women's body parts rending a guy's package with her claw, even though there was not a hint of supernatural in the entire movie?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:

Pieces(1982)

We watched this for the first time recently, I had been looking for it for awhile and finally found a cheap collection with it on there and I LOVED IT. So completely absurd, its just hilarious. The ending is priceless.

Anyway, last movie watched was Wicked Little Things ~ not terrible I suppose, but I was mostly bored. Nothing new, and nothing particularly interesting.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:43 AM
For Vendetta

X Men: The Last Stand.

I decided to give this one another go last night, and after my experience watching it last summer at the theater...I was skeptical. But...I liked it the second time around.

First things first, there was a lot happening all at the same time, yet it didnt look overcrowded like Spider Man 3 did, with its considerably lesser cast.

***(Minor Spoiler Warning)***

Secondly, I have to give some credit to Famke Janssen, for pulling off The Phoenix and Jean Grey-multiple personality and confused-and-dazed character quite nicely. And, believe it or not...I was actually touched by the commemorative funeral scene of Xavier at the school.

Colossus as a character was grossly underplayed, and they made Scott Summers aka Cyclops look like a total wussy throughout the series, and wrote him off early in this one (which is one of my bigger complaints, apart from them not introducing Gambit).

I guess the twist in the ending after the credits roll was to keep the continuation going, but I dont see much future in the series unless they get someone as good as Singer back into this...or else this is headed the Batman-Burton franchise way. I have been keeping tabs regarding the 4th, and from all which I have been reading, it isnt happening anytime soon.

Lets hope Wolverine and Magneto do some justice to this franchise and bring it back on track. My preference - a David Goyer X-Men 4, with either Christian Bale or Colin Farrell as Gambit, and a script which includes the return of Jean Grey, Xavier and Cyclops...in some form or the other.

Rating - *** ½
Old 02-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

Fallen.
Good film with a nice, bizarre theme.

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Evil Dead

Pretty in Pink (least favourite John Hughes movie...) & The Hills Have Eyes (06)
Old 02-19-2008, 12:23 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Pieces(1982)

hahahaha, well said.

i saw this one a while ago and was just thoroughly...entertained.
sooooo outrageous in every way.

-------------------------------------------

steven soderbergh's bubble (2005).
Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Hellraiser
Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 PM
The Dork Knight

12 Monkeys
Old 02-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to chaibill
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
X Men: The Last Stand.

I decided to give this one another go last night, and after my experience watching it last summer at the theater...I was skeptical. But...I liked it the second time around.

First things first, there was a lot happening all at the same time, yet it didnt look overcrowded like Spider Man 3 did, with its considerably lesser cast.

***(Minor Spoiler Warning)***

Secondly, I have to give some credit to Famke Janssen, for pulling off The Phoenix and Jean Grey-multiple personality and confused-and-dazed character quite nicely. And, believe it or not...I was actually touched by the commemorative funeral scene of Xavier at the school.

Colossus as a character was grossly underplayed, and they made Scott Summers aka Cyclops look like a total wussy throughout the series, and wrote him off early in this one (which is one of my bigger complaints, apart from them not introducing Gambit).

I guess the twist in the ending after the credits roll was to keep the continuation going, but I dont see much future in the series unless they get someone as good as Singer back into this...or else this is headed the Batman-Burton franchise way. I have been keeping tabs regarding the 4th, and from all which I have been reading, it isnt happening anytime soon.

Lets hope Wolverine and Magneto do some justice to this franchise and bring it back on track. My preference - a David Goyer X-Men 4, with either Christian Bale or Colin Farrell as Gambit, and a script which includes the return of Jean Grey, Xavier and Cyclops...in some form or the other.

Rating - *** ½
they are making a Wolverine movie you can guess the title. Gambit is in it forgot who is playing him. Comes out may 2009

Just watched The Day The Earth Stood Still. Great classic liked it. I am sure the remake coming out will be full of CGI and won't live up to the original.
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

THE EXORCIST, 28 DAYS LATER, 28 weeks later
PSYCHO, FRIDAY THE 13th movie series
Martyrs, DAWN OF THE DEAD