Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2003, 06:08 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
Freddy Kruger scared me when I was little because I never watched any of the movies I just looked at the back of the movie box and there were some scary pictures such as freddy eating the girl when he turned into a snake.
I love that part of that movie.. Makes me want to watch it

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Living Dead

My childhood fear?

Between the ages of 3-5...just before entering Kindergarten I had this recurring nightmare--once a week or so if my Mom recalls correctly--of being held captive in this sort of tree house thing? (Crazy, I know!) I dreamt I was with this other girl a little older than me...I had never seen her before or didn't know her name. Some guy had kidnapped us. So, after a year and a half of having this dream, hiding under the covers terrified or ending up sleeping in my parent's room many nights I went to my first day of school. (My parent's made me stop watching anything spooky or violent or strange--even cartoon ghosts--thinking that was why I was having nightmares!)
When we drove up to the school--which I had never ever been to before--I looked at the playground. THERE WAS THE FREAKING TREEHOUSE!! (We had driven past the school but from the roadline the playground was entirely hidden.)
Anyhow, being 5 I was more afraid of being left at school alone than the treehouse so I went inside with my Mom. Everything was fine for awhile and then some older kids came to show us around the school. Yup. The girl I had been keep captive with in my dream!! (She had just moved into town so I was sure I hadn't seen her!)
Well, in the end I never got kidnapped or anything...but it sure was terrifying for a kid to actually be able to comprehend all that. I hated going into that treehouse thing though and only did when the class would gather up there for story time or something. Even my Mom remembers me telling her about the dream and then about the first day of school and what I saw.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Hellacious Demon

Chucky scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I remember going to my babysitters house and she would always have a chucky movie in. I remember hiding behind the couch until my mom came and then begging my mom to stop talking and take me home. I'm over that fear now. Now I look at him and laugh. I do like him though.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:42 PM

basements. i know that had to be a fear of other people too. when i would come p the stairs i would always run as fast as i could and close the door because i always thought something was after me
Old 10-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by dethbyfire
basements. i know that had to be a fear of other people too. when i would come p the stairs i would always run as fast as i could and close the door because i always thought something was after me
I used to do the same thing b/c my stairs didn't have a back to it, like someone's hands could come through anywhere and grab you.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Listen 2 Buckethead!

when i was little and i was the only 1 watching tv in the livingroom and i had to wlak back to my room with lights off i always thought there was some1 like a jason or myers behind me watching and i always got freaked out lol :D
Old 10-27-2003, 03:39 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Quote:
Originally posted by carriekinz
My childhood fear?

Between the ages of 3-5...just before entering Kindergarten I had this recurring nightmare--once a week or so if my Mom recalls correctly--of being held captive in this sort of tree house thing? (Crazy, I know!) I dreamt I was with this other girl a little older than me...I had never seen her before or didn't know her name. Some guy had kidnapped us. So, after a year and a half of having this dream, hiding under the covers terrified or ending up sleeping in my parent's room many nights I went to my first day of school. (My parent's made me stop watching anything spooky or violent or strange--even cartoon ghosts--thinking that was why I was having nightmares!)
When we drove up to the school--which I had never ever been to before--I looked at the playground. THERE WAS THE FREAKING TREEHOUSE!! (We had driven past the school but from the roadline the playground was entirely hidden.)
Anyhow, being 5 I was more afraid of being left at school alone than the treehouse so I went inside with my Mom. Everything was fine for awhile and then some older kids came to show us around the school. Yup. The girl I had been keep captive with in my dream!! (She had just moved into town so I was sure I hadn't seen her!)
Well, in the end I never got kidnapped or anything...but it sure was terrifying for a kid to actually be able to comprehend all that. I hated going into that treehouse thing though and only did when the class would gather up there for story time or something. Even my Mom remembers me telling her about the dream and then about the first day of school and what I saw.
Wow:eek: that is some freaky ass shit!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:07 AM
The Dork Knight

THE EXORCIST SCARED THE LIVING HELL OUTTA ME BUT I WAS A LITTLE TO YOUNG TO FULLY UNDERSTAND IT CAUSE AFTER I WATCHED IT I WAS SCARED TO GO TO CHURCH CAUSE I REMEMBERED SEEING PRIEST IN THE MOVIE.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
My parents fighting... Breaking dishes, screaming, hitting, stomping, door slamming, etc.

Movie wise, I can't think of anything that terrified me... Or made me scream... Maybe I've jujst repressed it... Recently the two movies that scared me were Session 9 (Spoiler: the scene where the "guy" is in the asylum during the night and is being "chased" by something... There was one shot in particular when he turns around to point his flashlight, which doesn't have much power as it reaches the end of the hallway, barely illuminates this slender, dark figure at the very end looking at him... I had a nightmare about that just two days ago!), and the new TCM... Sadly, it was a scene with R. Lee Ermey that made me jump, not Leatherface...

Ah... I love the catharsis one gets after seeing a horror movie...

*FADE OUT*
Old 10-27-2003, 08:48 AM
warprophet

shamefully i do have on phobia ever since i was a kid, its my cryptonite, the one thing i fear... horses... no joke, if one comes anywhere near me i break into a sweat and stop breathing.