Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-22-2004, 07:33 AM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
I hate you Vod...................

Thanks for making me feel old, nasty guy you!
:( :) :p
Old 07-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
Dont feel old. My dad is 53 this year and is arguably more active and dynamic than i am. You are only old when you start thinking you are.

I'm sure you remember whhat it was like knowing that 30 was just around the corner. Al i keep thinking about is how many younger/same age actors and musicians are out there making akilling and i am busting my ass doing something else, and how much i thought i would accomplish in my 20s.
I do remember thinking 30 is just around the corner, then.....whoooshhh their it goes. It really does go fast, and you notice it more so when you have kids.You go from diapers to diplomas in a blink.ehhh... What are ya gonna do. I still play video games and watch horror movies. A lot can be said for immaturity.:D
Old 07-22-2004, 08:39 AM
Now she has us.

One thing I will say though,

I'm 1 of 4 brothers and this may sound morbid, sad, or horrible, but the thing that bothers me most, is which ones of us are going to be a ripe old age when we come to meet our makers. I want all of my brothers to live long happy lives.

I get quite anxious with anxiety by the fact that if it was me who lived the longest, then I'd have the trauma of going through 3 losses, but If I was to go early because of ill health or natural death. My brothers will have to go through the same loss, but I've never talked about it with them.

When it comes to my death I may have been able to prolong it by leading a better life and not have to put my brothers through sadness of loss before them. I know either way, we are all going to experience the inevitable at some point in the future, I just dont like knowing me or my brothers will have to experience each others loss this way.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 07-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Fear scented candle

I think about this with regards to my family too. It really is disturbing since i have never really had to deal with that kind of loss before.....
Old 07-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Fear scented candle

Thumbs up

2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay me, i made it:)
Old 07-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

well i would be 5....

and congrats vodsok
Old 07-22-2004, 09:37 AM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
I was two years old in 1976, and I think that was the year I pissed on my dad's favorite armchair.

I am 30 now, so no more of that "30 is just around the corner" anxiety. Of course, I had planned to change a lot about my life when I turned 30 (quit smoking, get more exercise, stop prancing about in women's clothing), but none of that has abated. As I said in the "What the Fuck is Your Mental Problem" thread (or whatever it was called), I have an extremely addictive personality ... and breaking habits is so HARD for me!

But, I think I have accomplished much in my 30 years. I'm married, with a healthy (albeit annoying) child. I have a career that I both enjoy and am good at (plus, it pays the bills!) And I have plenty of free time to work on my other goals, such as writing and ... well ... writing, I guess.

When I was in high school, and up to my first year in college, I wanted to be an actor as well. I majored in theater originally. But, I learned quickly that I hate actors. The competition is not only stiff, but they are a bunch of whiny, backstabbing, gossipping babies. So, I began writing plays for the theater department to perform, and discovered that I liked that even more. I was kicked out of college at 18, though, for not attending my classes. But, when I went back 4 years later, I majored in English.

That's enough about my boring ass.

Congrats on the 2000 Vod (even though it has been awhile since you reached it.) And congrats on the house as well!
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection
Old 07-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Fear scented candle

I actually managed to quit smoking 2 years ago. Decided to quit the day i met my fiance, about an hour before i first talked to her. Good thing too, since she cant stand smoke (her mother smoked inside the house for much of her childhood)
Old 07-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok

I actually managed to quit smoking 2 years ago. Decided to quit the day i met my fiance, about an hour before i first talked to her. Good thing too, since she cant stand smoke (her mother smoked inside the house for much of her childhood)
How can your fiance hate smoking when shes so smoking herself.

sorry...that was corny.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Fear scented candle

I'll tell her you said that. she will be flattered :)