Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2004, 08:21 AM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
I grew up in Manitoba. One of those damned prarie provinces .... flat as a shadow, with nothing but field for as far as the eye can see. I loved it, though. In Mississippi, we don't have the luxury of changing seasons. It seems like it's frickin' spring all year round ... except for the summers. Which are pretty much like spring, only it hot as hell.
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection
Old 07-21-2004, 08:26 AM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Spaghetti is a boring subject (sigh). Unless, of course, you serve it up with a side of grilled tomato and a pile of octopus! :D

no no no.....

you should eat the traditional italian way.

first course fry a large steak medium rare, then eat this hot with fresh ground pepper, have crusty bread to wipe the plate.

second course, is freshly cooked spaghetti, drizzled with bertolli robusto olive oil and a fresh picked basil pesto lightly stired in, have more crust bread.

third course is freshly cut salad leaves, drizled in white wine vinegar.

fourth course, strong italian blue cheese with parma ham, mortadella and salami.

A good italian frascatti or chianti should be drunk throughout the entire dinner.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 07-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
I grew up in Manitoba. One of those damned prarie provinces .... flat as a shadow, with nothing but field for as far as the eye can see. I loved it, though. In Mississippi, we don't have the luxury of changing seasons. It seems like it's frickin' spring all year round ... except for the summers. Which are pretty much like spring, only it hot as hell.
If its "hot as hell", wouldn't that make it feel like summer.Unless your springs are "hot as hell", then it would feel like spring. I'm assuming your winters aren't "hot as hell". Then it would feel like summer all year long......that is if your summers were hot as your springs, much like your winters, which are or are not "hot as hell" because if they were where would all the snowmen go.

how are your "Falls"?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Fear scented candle

New hampshire, sitting at work. it is beautiful outside, but i wouldnt know because i am in an office with no windows.

There is an upside though, i only need HR's approval before i get promoted. YAY Vod ! :)
Old 07-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Returning after eternity.

12:28pm here in Michigan.

I'm at work, eating a sub from Subway (cold cut combo). Posting here. I get an hour lunch, so that's cool.

I have bad gas. I was late to work this morning. The hot chick that I work with here caught me picking my nose in my cubicle. She didn't say anything, but she gave me that "ewww, what a gross pasty white computer nerd" look.

Not too bad so far today.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:31 AM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
Quote:
Originally posted by natas
Let's see...it's 12:45AM here in Korea. I am awake because it is too damn hot to sleep. I am looking forward to going back to Canada where the weather is much cooler than here.

I am wearing boxers and a tank top with 2 fans on me and I'm still too warm!!

Oh well....I only have 10 more days.

Got to get to bed soon though. Have an early day tomorrow and busy. Going into Seoul. Its a 2 hour bus ride so I'll just sleep on the bus....cuz I probably won't get much sleep tonight.

:D
Hey natas! Where are you from in Canada?

It is 11:28am.............woke up about an hour ago. Just making noodles and sauce for breaky!

Checked my bank account at work $11,000 so I am set for September! Wahoo!

Going to exercise, then go to employment insurance to fix a problem. That is if my hands can leave this keyboard! LOL!

Not cats have fallen on my head yet today.....so far all is well! :D
Old 07-21-2004, 08:33 AM
King of the Long Post

Quote:
Originally posted by newb
If its "hot as hell", wouldn't that make it feel like summer.Unless your springs are "hot as hell", then it would feel like spring. I'm assuming your winters aren't "hot as hell". Then it would feel like summer all year long......that is if your summers were hot as your springs, much like your winters, which are or are not "hot as hell" because if they were where would all the snowmen go? how are your "Falls"?
Fuck off.

:D Just kidding. My point was the summers in Mississippi are the only thing different during the year in that the temperature increases greatly. Otherwise, if it is spring, fall, or winter, it is mildly pleasant outside. No snow. And with all the damn pine trees around here, it's constantly green. The lack of change is annoying.

ShankS ... you need to prepare me a dinner one evening. I'll let you know when I'll be coming by.
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation

Old 07-21-2004, 08:41 AM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
[QUOTE]Originally posted by natas
[B]
Quote:
I used to live in Canada.

Where? I'm in Nova Scotia. Not the most popular place in Canada but I like it.
Oh...sorry I missed this post!
My hub lived there! Would love to go there!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Returning after eternity.

Quote:

:D Just kidding. My point was the summers in Mississippi are the only thing different during the year in that the temperature increases greatly. Otherwise, if it is spring, fall, or winter, it is mildly pleasant outside. No snow. And with all the damn pine trees around here, it's constantly green. The lack of change is annoying.

ShankS ... you need to prepare me a dinner one evening. I'll let you know when I'll be coming by.
Meh. Try living in Michigan. I've seen it go from 90 degrees outside one day, to 30 degrees and hailing the next. I'd kill for your kind of stability.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:45 AM
King of the Long Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Egekrusher
12:28pm here in Michigan.

I'm at work, eating a sub from Subway (cold cut combo). Posting here. I get an hour lunch, so that's cool.

I have bad gas. I was late to work this morning. The hot chick that I work with here caught me picking my nose in my cubicle. She didn't say anything, but she gave me that "ewww, what a gross pasty white computer nerd" look.

Not too bad so far today.
This is funny. :D
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation