Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Hellraiser

ive always been very intrigued with this topic, have heard stories and learned a lot... was pumped to see this documentary.

i never have nightmares my whole life basically... never really had sleep paralasys, that i know of. loved when i woke up and like my arm was numb and oddly i couldnt lift or move it at all... or body was like a tingling numb a bit, cause kinda asleep still. but i never had that scary couldnt breath aspect.

One time I randomly woke up in the middle of the night though, was alone, and I like bellowed out loud groans as my chest went upward. I am not sure why, what I was dreaming, just after a few seconds of it... i was kinda freaked out, nothing happened after. weird, and didnt piece it together.

the only other very odd instance was my old old apartment, I was sleeping on my stomach, and suddenly started feeling all these hands pushing through my mattress on my face, chest, stomach and legs.... i jsut popped up and started punching the mattress yelling "get the F off" or something... punching away. then i like popped out of bed, and while turning on the light felt a hand from below my mattress grab my ankle. i backed off turned on the light, and sat there pondering it all. very confused and freaked

nothing like these two instances has ever happened before, or again, just odd things while sleeping i couldnt understand if it was part of a dream, or what not... odd and interesting!!!

oh yeah, but the documentary was cool, interesting, a lot i liked, some was bad... got boring and long though. worth the watch!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 12:17 PM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLO View Post
ive always been very intrigued with this topic, have heard stories and learned a lot... was pumped to see this documentary.

i never have nightmares my whole life basically... never really had sleep paralasys, that i know of. loved when i woke up and like my arm was numb and oddly i couldnt lift or move it at all... or body was like a tingling numb a bit, cause kinda asleep still. but i never had that scary couldnt breath aspect.

One time I randomly woke up in the middle of the night though, was alone, and I like bellowed out loud groans as my chest went upward. I am not sure why, what I was dreaming, just after a few seconds of it... i was kinda freaked out, nothing happened after. weird, and didnt piece it together.

the only other very odd instance was my old old apartment, I was sleeping on my stomach, and suddenly started feeling all these hands pushing through my mattress on my face, chest, stomach and legs.... i jsut popped up and started punching the mattress yelling "get the F off" or something... punching away. then i like popped out of bed, and while turning on the light felt a hand from below my mattress grab my ankle. i backed off turned on the light, and sat there pondering it all. very confused and freaked

nothing like these two instances has ever happened before, or again, just odd things while sleeping i couldnt understand if it was part of a dream, or what not... odd and interesting!!!

oh yeah, but the documentary was cool, interesting, a lot i liked, some was bad... got boring and long though. worth the watch!!!
Yeah man, the thing is, I have done a ton of research and the actual explanation makes complete sense. Unfortunately its no less scary when it happens. Basically what happens is, when you fall asleep your body releases a chemical that basically paralyzes you. To an extent of course. Its your minds way of convincing your body not to get up and walk around while you dream. With sleep paralysis, we wake up, but the chemical is still strong in our brains and our body is still frozen from it. Then effectively your eyes are open and your conscious but your brain and your body are still asleep. Then you begin to dream, with your eyes open. So you see things that aren't there you experience everything you can in a dream, but your completely lucid. Then eventually the dream ends, your body relaxes and the chemical wears off.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 10-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Yeah man, the thing is, I have done a ton of research and the actual explanation makes complete sense. Unfortunately its no less scary when it happens. Basically what happens is, when you fall asleep your body releases a chemical that basically paralyzes you. To an extent of course. Its your minds way of convincing your body not to get up and walk around while you dream. With sleep paralysis, we wake up, but the chemical is still strong in our brains and our body is still frozen from it. Then effectively your eyes are open and your conscious but your brain and your body are still asleep. Then you begin to dream, with your eyes open. So you see things that aren't there you experience everything you can in a dream, but your completely lucid. Then eventually the dream ends, your body relaxes and the chemical wears off.
awesome explanation... i appreciate the read!!!