Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Now she has us.

Today i'm doing some cocking with roasted chicken thighs and ham joint, then shredding both and adding meat to a slow stew... yum.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 11-08-2013, 03:39 AM
HDC's old chick

Holy Mother of God! Now it's definitely the end of the world! :eek:

Shanksie! How the hell have you been?! Good to see you, dude! :D
Old 11-08-2013, 03:47 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankS View Post
Today i'm doing some cocking with roasted chicken thighs and ham joint, then shredding both and adding meat to a slow stew... yum.
Oh my dear dear lord yes please. Are we talking Barbecue style stew or more of a winter warmer?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-08-2013, 04:32 AM
HDC's old chick

I was so shocked at seeing Shanks I forgot to write what I really came to this thread to write! LOL!

I'll be cooking this weekend: chili, red beans and rice with turkey kielbasa, ham, mac and cheese, chicken breasts with salsa and cheddar cheese, and I'll cook up some refried beans with beans that my friend canned. Next weekend I'll probably make beef stew.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Oooh, that sounds really good, Margie! Loving the Mexicano theme. You have no idea how difficult it is to find Refried Beans in England! Thank God for diverse food in London! Be sure to take some photos!

Haven't cooked for a few days but defrosting some lamb mince now, probably gonna make an iddy biddy Shepherd's Pie.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Thanks, Despare :) I feel as though Pumpkin pie is one of those great all-American dishes that somehow eludes us here in the UK. I've only ever had it once, and that was at an American friend's Halloween party. For all the pumpkins we have here at this time of year seems a damn waste. I mean, I'm guessing the filling isn't too tough? Pumpkin, flour, sugar, cinnamon?
A pie pumpkin, eggs, light brown sugar, flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and evaporated milk. It's like a custard...
Old 11-10-2013, 01:51 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Haven't cooked for a few days but defrosting some lamb mince now, probably gonna make an iddy biddy Shepherd's Pie.
I'll be right there, I LOVE Shepherd's Pie!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Evil Dead

This thread is making me hungry :D

I don't know if I'm much of a cook myself... first of all I have lived on my own for all of my adult life, and don't feel that motivated to cook complicated or time consuming dishes just for myself.

And when I offer to cook for other people, they usually know that I'm a vegetarian, and fearing that I will feed them nothing but dry lettuce and sliced tomatoes, the reply is usually "uhh, no thanks, I'll order a burger" :D

I have had a few compliments from people who have been brave enough to try my cooking, though... such as "wow... this is actually real food!" :D

Last edited by Kandarian Demon; 11-10-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Ahh, the old vegetarian trouble! I do feel for you guys - people really do underestimate the vast array of great quality vegetarian food out there. Damn...really want some Falafel right now :P

Been a lazy weekend with very little cooking! Had too many opportunities to eat out. But, as I've come down with a cold I'll be making a nice hearty stew tomorrow to try and make a speedy recovery!

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Ahh, the old vegetarian trouble! I do feel for you guys - people really do underestimate the vast array of great quality vegetarian food out there.
The same goes for many vegetarians, honestly! And that seems to be the most common reason why people quit... especially if they get sick from malnutrition... and you WILL be if you think you can live on carrots. You'll be very bored too! :D

I myself started out with the classic mistake of replacing meat with cheese... and didn't understand why I gained weight :rolleyes: