Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Personally? Don't think my post indicated anything otherwise than what NE pointed out. A tangent of online typewritten misunderstood communication, perhaps?

Yes, the article is not a Top 10 by any sort - it is a guide for any beginner interested in war films to check those 10 listed first, then go by the guidance the "Further Reading" parts of each page indicate (for that type of war film). Ergo each particular recommendation is followed by particular and typical extra recommendations, instead of just jumbling them up together in the end.

And the list hasn't eliminated Bridge on the River Kwai. Oh boy...
You did respond in a rather condescending manner which made me think you were angry. Neverending, on the other hand, wasn't the least bit condescending. I tend to see the other side of an argument better when I'm not being talked down to.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:18 PM
For Vendetta

Hmm...let me see if I can clarify this...

Why would I be angry? The list is made by someone else on another website and you voiced out your opinion. You said no Apocalypse Now and named other films missing, which had been clearly indicated by the article maker, which made me think you didn't go through the written stuff and just skimmed through the 10 recommendation pages. It was apparent then, which you clarified later that you had indeed gone through the written parts as well.

If I was being condescending and talking down to you, I wouldn't have added the wink emoticon at the end of that post, would I? ;)

Furthermore, I wouldn't be adding posts to this thread clarifying stuff either at 1:47 AM in the night, half-asleep.

Anyway, time for Mr Smarty Pants to go catch some zzzs...
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Whip In My Valise

Sorry:o, it is very difficult sometimes to read people's emotions in a post. Not that you've ever done this, but it wouldn't be the first time someone has taken a criticism that has absolutely nothing to do with them VERY personally and I tend to go in defensive mode when I think someone is getting upset.

P.S. Das Boot is essential viewing.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
;) s are condescending. :p s are sexy.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
imo....

1. Platoon
2. Apocalypse Now
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. The Great Escape
5. The Longest Day
6. Saving Private Ryan
7. We Were Soldiers
8. Letters From Iwo Jima
9. Flags of Our Fathers
10. The Great Raid