Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-30-2004, 07:14 AM
Undead

Nice tip. Heres an excellent site I found, loads of recipes here: The Ravens fake blood recipes
Stone fx, for little chunks of brains in blood [kinda like the brains on the backseat in the new massacre] follow HappyCampers recipe, but use really chunky peanut butter. Looks pretty real.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:54 AM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
hey that's the site, where I got my recipe from!
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Scares Little Kids

Awesome! Thanks!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Evil Dead

We use this alot at the haunted house. It works pretty good, it's not edible, so it doesn't draw bugs, and the hand sanitizer makes it "keep" for some time. Most of the ingreidents we get at the dollar store, except the oil, we get that at Autozone or Wal-Mart, (it's also known as water pump lubricant). You can thicken it up or thin it down as you like. Use the styling gel for thicking. The oil gives it a glossy look.

19 fl. oz. water-based styling gel
4 fl. oz. hand sanitizer gel
4 tbs water-soluble oil
7 tbs red food color
9 drops blue food color
enough water to make 1 gallon

We also make intestines, organs, (hearts,Kidneys etc.) out of paper towels covered with latex.

We use the classic corn syurp recipe when we have someone coming in close contact with the blood, or for blood capsules.

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 07-02-2004, 03:00 PM
zipperface

thanks movieman64! i'll have to try out that recipe when I get the chance (meaning when i have the money to spend)
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:40 AM
zipperface

Thanks D! i'm gonna try out the compressed air bullet hits as soon as I have the money to spend on the needed materials!

I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!

Know of anyway of making exploding heads?
Old 07-27-2004, 01:18 PM
zipperface

Quote:
Originally posted by Duncanature
Thanks, but I've done them several times before. They look awesome.

Um... not really... but I'll work on that.

The only way I could think of was to get a watermelon (that's close to human head size) and blow it up! and then chroma key it in where the person's head would be and with some tricky editing you probably could time the frames so that you see the persons head and then you see it explode without ever actuallly seeing a watermelon... probably would look pretty lame though.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:03 AM
Undead

Send a message via ICQ to evil never dies
cool topic
Old 07-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MVP732
heres a good blood recipes for things you can find around the house.

P.S. these aren't really recipes but eh...

1) red paint
2) red food coloring with a little bit of water
3) random red make-up u can steal from your sister or mom.

for flesh
Mix starch and glue together with a lot of red food coloring. Should looks like bloody muscle tissue. Use it quickly, the coloring turns pink if handled to much or if its just sitting around too long.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:42 PM
zipperface

what about an exploding head? i wanna know how to make an exploding head!