Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
I think I'm with you and everyone else at the same time. I have no problem with a remake because unless he tapes over the original copy, he's not exactly destroying the old one, or the first remake. Let him waste money and time on yet another film that will no doubt get panned.

Although I do think he's an idiot for remaking The Blob without The Blob.
I think he means he doesn't want to a red space-blob. Maybe some time of infection that makes the person mutate into a darker-colored blob with a taste for flesh perhaps. I don't know. I'm still not sure if this is official since I haven't seen the actual interview from which the quote was taken.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Still waiting for Superbeasto...
That's coming out really soon isn't it?

I'll check this out even tho I suspect its just rumor fodder atm. But yeh I'd prefer to see him to his own films but like Despare said its up to the studios and this is a way for him to muster up funding.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
That's coming out really soon isn't it?

I'll check this out even tho I suspect its just rumor fodder atm. But yeh I'd prefer to see him to his own films but like Despare said its up to the studios and this is a way for him to muster up funding.
Superbeasto comes out September 22nd.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
Superbeasto comes out September 22nd.
Ahhh cool, keen as hell on checking it out.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Zombie worm

Send a message via AIM to zombie ash Send a message via Yahoo to zombie ash
i dont care what anyone thinks. rob zombie is fucking an amazing horror master. he is pretty damn creative. i look up to him. i cant wait to see el superbeasto and the blob when it comes out. i saw the new halloween II and i fucking loved it. i dont care what anyone thinks. i fucking love him and all his movies. halloween II was a great horror. i fucking love it and cant wait to own it when it comes out. :]
Stop it! You're acting like a child!
They're coming for you!
Look, there comes one of them now!
He'll hear you!
Here he comes now! I'm getting out of here!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:00 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Still waiting for Superbeasto...
Haven't even HEARD of that... But thanks for bringing it to my attention. Looks like a BLAST. I have it on my Netflix queue right now. Can't wait for it to be available.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Putrid polemicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie ash View Post
i dont care what anyone thinks. rob zombie is fucking an amazing horror master. he is pretty damn creative. i look up to him. i cant wait to see el superbeasto and the blob when it comes out. i saw the new halloween II and i fucking loved it. i dont care what anyone thinks. i fucking love him and all his movies. halloween II was a great horror. i fucking love it and cant wait to own it when it comes out. :]
Well hello Rob. Welcome to the forums.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Then why in God's name is he remaking THE FUCKING BLOB?

I was kind of intrigued by the idea of Zombie taking on this kind of material until I read that quote. What the hell is he thinking?
Let me put that into perspective:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carpenter (paraphrased all to hell of course)
"My intention is not to have a man in a rubber suit -- that's the first thing I want to change," Carpenter told the trade. "That guy in a rubber mask-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now."
I think a couple people have found that "The Thing" was a pretty good movie. Actually many people have said, and I whole-heartedly agree, that The Thing is one of the best horror sci-fi movies ever made right along with Alien.

Can Zombie actually pull off such a feat with The Blob? Maybe. But writing it off just because he's taking something old, updating it, and making it his own at the same time is just plain stupid and very ignorant of what has been done in the past.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Zombie worm

Send a message via AIM to zombie ash Send a message via Yahoo to zombie ash
i just believe rob has an amazing creative artist view. hes different when it comes to horror. hes just what i look for in horror. hes my favorite style. i look up to him as a hero. but i understand what you mean by remaking "the blob". but im excited to see what hes got up his sleave for this movie remake. hes better than all the other gay as remakes that have been coming out over the most recent years. i just cant wait for them to understand that they suck are remaking all these asian movies and all that. fucking dumb greedy money fucks. just let horror fucking be at times. use your own fucking imagination. stop fucking using other peoples ideas. GET ORIGINAL!
EL SUPERBEASTO SEPTEMBER 22ND!!!!!!
Stop it! You're acting like a child!
They're coming for you!
Look, there comes one of them now!
He'll hear you!
Here he comes now! I'm getting out of here!

Old 09-01-2009, 04:02 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siorai View Post
Let me put that into perspective:

"'My intention is not to have a man in a rubber suit -- that's the first thing I want to change," Carpenter told the trade. "That guy in a rubber mask-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now.'"

I think a couple people have found that "The Thing" was a pretty good movie. Actually many people have said, and I whole-heartedly agree, that The Thing is one of the best horror sci-fi movies ever made right along with Alien.

Can Zombie actually pull off such a feat with The Blob? Maybe. But writing it off just because he's taking something old, updating it, and making it his own at the same time is just plain stupid and very ignorant of what has been done in the past.
I understand where you're coming from. But no one's upset that Zombie is "taking something old, updating it, and making it his own at the same time," which is just another way to say "remake", because remakes in and of themselves don't have to be a bad thing. That's obvious, since we've seen examples of this many times before. What's upsetting is his attitude toward the source material. Carpenter updating special effects for modern audiences is one thing, but Zombie wanting to completely remove the titular creature shows a gross lack of confidence in himself and in the original film, which makes me wonder, "Why remake it at all, then?"

Again, it's not the idea itself that is aggravating, but his attitude towards it. I was intrigued until I read that quote. If he misspoke, or if we're just misunderstanding him, then perhaps he'll prove us wrong if the film gets made. But after what he did to Halloween, I'm not holding out much hope.

Last edited by fortunato; 09-01-2009 at 04:04 PM.